• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gyfer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
As I posted 2 weeks ago expectation was 48,000 + dealer installed options (1200) + destination and I was pretty spot on.
In case you forgot all cars pay a destination fee, BMW/Audi will also pay this and is not included in the quotes you are getting online.
Also for the love of god… the back of the M235i YUK! And yes Tesla performance is tempting but you get bored of it with no revving sounds.

ITS fan that reads me, dont mind the hate, ITS is a great buy. Personally I will just skip the reservation choose the color I want and will apply for a 3.99% loan at Autopay. Plenty of time to make a decision no need to rush.

nyccars56

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
beater
I feel bad for all of the people that gave up on getting an FL5, saying the ITS would magically cost less than the Type R. The MSRP difference is basically the same as what it is between the SI and manual Integra. Not sure why that is too surprising.
I was gonna post this same thing about not being too surprised. Difference between CIvic Si at ~$30k and Integra Aspec MT at ~$37k is $7k. CTR at ~$45k and ITS is at $52k, $7k difference. There was no way this would be $47k-$48k with all the unique body work put into it, new exhaust system, longer warranties, +5hp, Acura luxury badge and the couple of luxury features it gets.

I figured like everyone else that the few luxury items that the ITS was missing from the Aspec Tech, was done in an effort to keep the msrp down but I was thinking right at or under $50k, $49,995 or something. Guess not. But remember, there were people in this forum and others that were shocked and said Acura dropped the ball at the insane $37k price for the Aspec Tech.

I guess I can somewhat see your point... but what's the difference between MSRP of the Si vs Integra? About the same?

But where I think your logic fails is that you can't ACTUALLY GET a CTR for MSRP. So I fail to see why people's heads are exploding over this. You know what people are paying for CTRs! If not, just go take a glance on Autotrader, you'll see a plethora of used FL5s asking north of $58k!!!

End of the day I think it's just this little corner of the internet and the only people melting down are the same 5 people who've got their hopes up. I still expect to encounter an ADM battle when I actually go try to buy this car. In no way do I anticipate people not buying this car because it's a couple grand over expectations.
Exactly. I also think some people don't realize the other makes that you're looking at and comparing it to are base prices. After adding options or packages, it's more. And while you may not pay $15k over, you're still paying something over list and there aren't much in the way of 'deals' out there.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I have two thoughts as I sit in the theater waiting for Guardians 3 to start playing.

One, in ten years we will all wish we had a 2024 CTR/ITS.

Two, how hard would it be to rip out that rear seat cup holder and put some foam in and redo the back seat in custom black leather? Likely not much.

And you could custom put in rear USB-C ports and rear vent ports if you wanted. You can add the better A-Spec bits if you want. Mod them in. They do exist. And I never use a sun roof. In fact I’m always checking it to make sure it closed for the rain more than I use it. So I’d rather lose the roof weight and have more head room. Mods are a pain and they are expensive, sure. But in ten years… when it’s all EV, the ITS will be a classic. And you will want to mod it then.

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
I have two thoughts as I sit in the theater waiting for Guardians 3 to start playing.

One, in ten years we will all wish we had a 2024 CTR/ITS.

Two, how hard would it be to rip out that rear seat cup holder and put some foam in and redo the back seat in custom black leather? Likely not much.

And you could custom put in rear USB-C ports and rear vent ports if you wanted. You can add the better A-Spec bits if you want. Mod them in. They do exist. And I never use a sun roof. In fact I’m always checking it to make sure it closed for the rain more than I use it. So I’d rather lose the roof weight and have more head room. Mods are a pain and they are expensive, sure. But in ten years… when it’s all EV, the ITS will be a classic. And you will want to mod it then.
Good point, but I think I’ll wait to see what 2025 S will offer in terms of changes… I really want the moonroof I use them all the time 🤭 my mr2 I purchased with aftermarket sunroof so I guess that is always an option… but still I have no way to buy this car atm anyway, In a few months I’ll have enough cash plus my trade in car to purchase one though… we will see what happens with it

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I don’t get why some people are comparing it to all the random cars in “similar” price range.
The German trio and Honda/Acura’s own siblings are enough to show how messed up the pricing is for the ITS.
There’s no point comparing it to things like Elantra N or M340i or even Supra. They’re very different cars.
About Elantra N tho, I really wish Genesis had G60 or something based on the N.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Good point, but I think I’ll wait to see what 2025 S will offer in terms of changes… I really want the moonroof I use them all the time 🤭 my mr2 I purchased with aftermarket sunroof so I guess that is always an option… but still I have no way to buy this car atm anyway, In a few months I’ll have enough cash plus my trade in car to purchase one though… we will see what happens with it
You won't see changes for 3 to 4 years.

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This I can get with. I was semi-excited enough to maybe compromise a bit on exterior color, but I'm white/ebony all the way now, however long it takes. I do agree the MSRP has a lot to do with my patience getting a boost. I'm in no hurry.

If I like add-ons I'll buy them, but from what I've seen there are laughably few options on these cars. I kind of like the bronze wheels but I think I like CE28Ns more. I'll probably get some carbon bits and floor mats and shit... and honestly it hasn't been confirmed there won't be extra options like memory seats that people are still freaking out about. If there are, I'd probably pay extra for them too. I don't typically buy stripper cars.

This is it, right here. It's the very best driver's car of all these options, and that puts it immediately at a premium.

I'll say it again- I had an RS5. It wasn't engaging enough. Personally, I'd buy an ITS over an RS5 at the same price point. To me, it's a better car... but I have a specific use case. And it isn't my only car.

Basically I need the absolute best possible driver's car I can comfortably fit my dog in. He's a 75 lb Malinois/Dutch Shepherd mix.

The ITS is perfect.

So is the Type R but the ITS feels right to me. I'd take one over a Type R even if I could get one at MSRP...

This is a good break down, and another thing I'll add is the German cars are NUMB. They're not as fun as you think. They're not driver's cars. Unless big torque and massaging seats are at the top of your priority list, don't even bother with them. They are very sterile, borderline boring cars...

And yes, I've had an S3, S4, and the aforementioned RS5. The S3 was actually a great car and very fun but no manual... honestly if I hadn't already had an S3 I may be looking harder at the Golf R but I'm not a fan of German manual transmissions unless they're Porsche 6 speeds (the 7 in the 991.2 is ok but not as good as literally any 6 speed... and yes I've also had a 991.2).

Also I've had an F82 M4 (non-competition pack but with the adaptive dampers), E92 335i, E36 M3.

I've had a lot of cars that I thought I'd love and didn't. I've had a lot of cars. I'm self aware enough to read the room, this isn't Rennlist where I'm the poor guy, I understand this. I feel like though I also have a lot of context to work with that is valuable.

I'm telling you, a good driver's car is hard to find... especially at the sub-100k price point. So yes, this thing is pretty much a bargain. Coming from someone who has had all these cars.

You and me both brother. :beer:

daddy-chill.gif
This I can get with. I was semi-excited enough to maybe compromise a bit on exterior color, but I'm white/ebony all the way now, however long it takes. I do agree the MSRP has a lot to do with my patience getting a boost. I'm in no hurry.

If I like add-ons I'll buy them, but from what I've seen there are laughably few options on these cars. I kind of like the bronze wheels but I think I like CE28Ns more. I'll probably get some carbon bits and floor mats and shit... and honestly it hasn't been confirmed there won't be extra options like memory seats that people are still freaking out about. If there are, I'd probably pay extra for them too. I don't typically buy stripper cars.

This is it, right here. It's the very best driver's car of all these options, and that puts it immediately at a premium.

I'll say it again- I had an RS5. It wasn't engaging enough. Personally, I'd buy an ITS over an RS5 at the same price point. To me, it's a better car... but I have a specific use case. And it isn't my only car.

Basically I need the absolute best possible driver's car I can comfortably fit my dog in. He's a 75 lb Malinois/Dutch Shepherd mix.

The ITS is perfect.

So is the Type R but the ITS feels right to me. I'd take one over a Type R even if I could get one at MSRP...

This is a good break down, and another thing I'll add is the German cars are NUMB. They're not as fun as you think. They're not driver's cars. Unless big torque and massaging seats are at the top of your priority list, don't even bother with them. They are very sterile, borderline boring cars...

And yes, I've had an S3, S4, and the aforementioned RS5. The S3 was actually a great car and very fun but no manual... honestly if I hadn't already had an S3 I may be looking harder at the Golf R but I'm not a fan of German manual transmissions unless they're Porsche 6 speeds (the 7 in the 991.2 is ok but not as good as literally any 6 speed... and yes I've also had a 991.2).

Also I've had an F82 M4 (non-competition pack but with the adaptive dampers), E92 335i, E36 M3.

I've had a lot of cars that I thought I'd love and didn't. I've had a lot of cars. I'm self aware enough to read the room, this isn't Rennlist where I'm the poor guy, I understand this. I feel like though I also have a lot of context to work with that is valuable.

I'm telling you, a good driver's car is hard to find... especially at the sub-100k price point. So yes, this thing is pretty much a bargain. Coming from someone who has had all these cars.

You and me both brother. :beer:

daddy-chill.gif

Basically this.

ITS and CTR will attract very different (more affluent) buyers than their $50k ‘competition.’

Modern cars are boring and numb. Most EPS systems feel terrible, and modern manuals have very little feel and don’t feel right.

If this were 2006, I’d go out and buy myself an M3 with a warranty to beat on every day. That thing had just right performance for a daily beater. For those who missed that boat, this is sort of a similar thing.

nerfrevolver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
52k is my limit. I will patiently wait and see how everything shakes out for the CTR and ITS pricing.

Coming from long term owner of S2000 and currently a 987.2 Cayman, the luxury features that people are stuck on makes me laugh. I gravitated to purist sports cars that has a low seating position with a rev happy engine and a 6-speed. Now I want to prioritize a compliant ride, more storage space, and most importantly, a nice feeling shifter which ITS seems to deliver. My manual yard stick will always be the S2000. First thing I installed in the Cayman was a short shifter kit as the stock plastic shifter is total crap. I think Honda is second to none in shifter feel and if they beefed up the transmission to even improve on the FK8 and got rid of 2nd gear grind that plagues Honda/Acuras, that would be the main selling point for me. Closer to 3000 curb weight would be better but 3200 is acceptable. The driver interaction and input points to me for the CTR/ITS is much more compelling than any of the 50k+ competitors cited so far in the thread. If it doesn't have an engaging driving experience with a manual, I'd rather drive a Prius.

CTR/ITS seems to deliver the perfect blend of what I want in a car with the fantastic shifter, 4 doors, and reasonable running costs. I do believe ITS won't be marked up as heavily as the CTR over time as it won't be limited production as the CTR and that it'll be produced in and exclusively for the North America market. I will wait and buy whichever can be had for closest to MSRP between the CTR and ITS. A lot of folks in the CivicXI forum are having a difficult time to find a CTR w/ less than 8k ADM and that already puts the car at 52k. That will push people to ITS if Acura NA is pumping these out but we'll soon see what impact it has on prices.

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
Mr. "That's a zonk" said in all his videos from Long Beach, "I think it'll be $48k..." and all of a sudden everyone expected it to magically be priced at $48K. Obviously some random YouTuber isn't the best source of insider information. Regardless, I never really considered the price differential to the TypeR in my equation. So the ITS doesn't have LogR+. Given that most buyers will never see the track with theirs (even though I probably will), does it matter? It doesn't have a power passenger seat? Big deal. It doesn't have a memory drivers seat? I'm the only one that will be driving it 99.999989% of the time. No USB ports in the back? I think I've had people in the back of my '15 TLX four of five times since new.

Besides, once you consider the price most people are paying for a CTR (definitely not MSRP), it's not an $8K spread. And then there are the differences in warranty coverage. The CTR gets 3yr/36K limited (incl. roadside assistance for entire term), 5yr/60K powertrain, and 3yr/36K for accessories. The ITS gets 4yr/50k limited (inc. roadside for entire term), 6yr/70k powertrain, and 4yr/50k accessories.

Speaking of warrantees, my experience with most of the German brands discussed is that the operating costs dramatically after year 3. Figure that into the equation too. And you want to buy used? That's a fool's errand.

Having purchased one of the first '00 S2000s in September '99 for slightly more than the $32K MSRP (equivalent of $58K today)...a car that was far more basic that an ITS or CTR....because I HAD to have it, I'm a very different person today. That said, what I paid then was FAR above the average price of a new car. $52k for an ITS is only a bit above today's average for a car that is likely better than average.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a43611570/average-new-car-price-down-still-high/
Honestly my $48K guess was not based on anyone else's thoughts...I thought that this car would be $43K plus dealer markup of $5K...that wouldve been doable for me.

Hamnjam

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Odyssey, Mazda6
Just wait for the 24 Elantra N. They fixed the nose and they will likely improve the interior and hopefully add power.
My guess is exterior changes only, but who knows.

I don’t get why some people are comparing it to all the random cars in “similar” price range.
The German trio and Honda/Acura’s own siblings are enough to show how messed up the pricing is for the ITS.
There’s no point comparing it to things like Elantra N or M340i or even Supra. They’re very different cars.
About Elantra N tho, I really wish Genesis had G60 or something based on the N.
I know for many, it's a bit peculiar to be cross shopping an ITS and an Elantra N.

For my wishlist, a fun car that with an easy to daily drive manual (light clutch, rev match, etc.) 5-door, 5 seater (I know ITS is 4 seats), with enough interior rear seat space to accommodate up to 3 kids at a time, with a price tag under 50k CAD. There isn't much to choose from, thus I drew up a list consisting of the Civic Si, Integra A-spec or Type S, Elantra N while waiting for final ITS news.

Would be happy to take suggestions to other vehicles to think of.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I mean I want to buy an ITS. I might. But I also like ribeye steaks. Don’t make me choose.
get the ribeye but maybe not prime? the ITS probably makes some nice char with the crackles and pops if you get the distance and angle just right!

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I know for many, it's a bit peculiar to be cross shopping an ITS and an Elantra N.

For my wishlist, a fun car that with an easy to daily drive manual (light clutch, rev match, etc.) 5-door, 5 seater (I know ITS is 4 seats), with enough interior rear seat space to accommodate up to 3 kids at a time, with a price tag under 50k CAD. There isn't much to choose from, thus I drew up a list consisting of the Civic Si, Integra A-spec or Type S, Elantra N while waiting for final ITS news.

Would be happy to take suggestions to other vehicles to think of.
I wasn’t talking about people who were actually cross shopping different cars with the ITS. I mean, I have BRZ and Kona N on my list lol
I’m running out of options too.

I was just trying to say it’s not fair to compare those cars simply to argue one’s better than another.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS

this .... all day long. we're buying a house sometime in the next year so we're narrowing down our (read: my) silly 4 car setup. i'm ditching my '22 GT4 manual and my wife's Yukon AT4 (only because i promised i'll get her another one) to combine them into an "all rounder" track day, commuter, dad car = incoming M3CS ... but part of me thinks that with the freakin' auto, i may be disappointed in the fun factor (and i have a lot of fun in my '22 Civic Si, btw!) .. i'm HOPING that the CS sauce will be enough to keep me engaged for at least a while. but, the ITS basically is a more fun, albeit slower and less bougie, M3. could it be the MORE fun alternative to an M3 these days?

and THAT comparison of an M3 vs ITS (not a novel idea by me) is why the ITS price is over $50k, imo. M3s are going for over $100k nowadays (manuals are probably around $80k) so the ITS begins to look like an absolute bargain. and the ITS is likely more fun. the buyer of this car will need to have FUN at the top of their priorities list.

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
this .... all day long. we're buying a house sometime in the next year so we're narrowing down our (read: my) silly 4 car setup. i'm ditching my '22 GT4 manual and my wife's Yukon AT4 (only because i promised i'll get her another one) to combine them into an "all rounder" track day, commuter, dad car = incoming M3CS ... but part of me thinks that with the freakin' auto, i may be disappointed in the fun factor (and i have a lot of fun in my '22 Civic Si, btw!) .. i'm HOPING that the CS sauce will be enough to keep me engaged for at least a while. but, the ITS basically is a more fun, albeit slower and less bougie, M3. could it be the MORE fun alternative to an M3 these days?

and THAT comparison of an M3 vs ITS (not a novel idea by me) is why the ITS price is over $50k, imo. M3s are going for over $100k nowadays (manuals are probably around $80k) so the ITS begins to look like an absolute bargain. and the ITS is likely more fun. the buyer of this car will need to have FUN at the top of their priorities list.
I literally turned down an M3 CS allocation because I’d rather have a base manual Integra until my Type S arrives. CS magic is overrated.

G80 isn’t very fun overall. Clutch take up is terrible on a base G80 and the AWD competition is numb with too much power. I still have M760li to serve that purpose.

Sad but ITS/CTR are pretty much it for a car that you can thrash every day and have legitimate fun doing so.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I literally turned down an M3 CS allocation because I’d rather have a base manual Integra until my Type S arrives. CS magic is overrated.

G80 isn’t very fun overall. Clutch take up is terrible on a base G80 and the AWD competition is numb with too much power. I still have M760li to serve that purpose.

Sad but ITS/CTR are pretty much it for a car that you can thrash every day and have legitimate fun doing so.
This is why I’m taking the CS and ITS. I’ll probably have more fun in the ITS honestly. Intersted in the CS though and suspect/hope it will actually be pretty good… can’t help myself. Fast BMWs aren’t perfect, but still have their moments. I’ve had M3s (e46 and f80s) and an an M6 GC comp … they have their way place and the M3 remains a good Jack of all trades imo. I haven’t had a G80 so gonna give it a whirl. I’ll most likely will trade it for a track weapon after its excitement wanes (Z06 when available to me, hopefully later this year) … I’ll keep the ITS for the on-road fun and eventually teach the kids how to drive with it.