• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
I just asked Kirk on his live stream. His CVT only review video is up tomorrow at 9am. I love that he did 2 videos and didn’t squeeze the CVT into 3 minutes of his 1 review like everyone else did.
Yeah that’s pretty awesome. Hopefully he’s able to get good viewership across both videos.

Also can I just say I’ve heard only good things about the paddle shifters? Feels like that’s uncommon lol

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Couple video links are dead

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Based on today's reviews, is anyone now on the fence and/or totally changed their mind about purchasing an Integra? If so, then why? Thanks!
Yes, no, maybe. IF I had to purchase a new car, it would certainly be at the top of my list. I love my Si, but really would like to get back into a hatchback. I'm definitely going to test drive one to see how it actually compares. If it seems significantly softer even in sport mode, I might pass, but I'm guessing it'll be negligible. The fact that the Integra comes w/ crappy commuter car tires is a big letdown though. I was so happy that Honda screwed up and put the summer performance tires on my Si (they weren't supposed to be an option for the 2019s, but some ended up with them by accident even though the window sticker said they were all-seasons). It also depends on how much I might be able to get for my Si.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
CVT specific video review. He talked in his live yesterday about how bad the roads were, so ignore the 8 second 0-60. He said in the manual he got 9 seconds sooo he didn’t even put it in the video.

But what’s awesome is that he brake torqued it. Redline Reviews did not. And it launched much faster. So take Redlines 7.1 on the CVT and brake tq it. Might break into the 6’s.

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I'm honestly surprised that 0-60 on cars isnt better in todays world. Low 7's are what performance trims of entry level cars from the late 90's got. I figured by now solid mid 6's would be normal.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I'm honestly surprised that 0-60 on cars isnt better in todays world. Low 7's are what performance trims of entry level cars from the late 90's got. I figured by now solid mid 6's would be normal.
It’s the gearing. Shifting into 3rd to hit 60 because 2nd gear peaks at like 58mph costs at least half a second. Straight line times isn’t something many care about anymore. They want low fat tq and gearing so they can ring out some gears legally on the street. This makes it more fun on the street but makes the times on paper disappointing.

If the gears were a bit longer and you could hit 60 in 2nd, it’s easily a mid to low 6 second car.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Kirk says the simulated shifts are in sport mode. So I assume that means other modes drive like a normal CVT? If that’s the case, I wonder if in individual mode we can put everything in sport but the trans in normal and if with no fake shifts the time would be faster.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Kirk says the simulated shifts are in sport mode. So I assume that means other modes drive like a normal CVT? If that’s the case, I wonder if in individual mode we can put everything in sport but the trans in normal and if with no fake shifts the time would be faster.
I cant wait to test drive and feel it

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
Sub 6s is only a ktuner away. Problem solved.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Which makes you wonder. If some additional safe performance from the Civic Si engine is still somehow on the table, and at the flick of an aftermarket tune switch perhaps (and I think that it would not have taken much more HP to appease a good portion of the new Integra's fan base), why not give the new Integra and your struggling premium brand the small extra boost that it could have really used, not a huge amount, just a small BRZ gen 1 to gen 2 style of boost, or about 25 HP more, while also reinforcing the engine a bit to go alone with it, and then we can additionally bolt on intake/tune module/exhaust aftermarket gear for just a bit more power to make it extra special, where one could just get over the 250HP mark with upgrades they could proudly tinker with themselves with the reinforced engine in this imaginary situation. If the GR Yaris engine can be reinforced and pumped up in HP for the 300HP GR Corolla, I’m sure Acura could have too. The obvious sad answer is that they either already maxed out the engine and or that they just decided 200HP was a reasonable amount so long as they didn’t have to invest more money in the engine R&D budget. And I would have happily paid 3 grand more right now for just what the S2000 had, a decent 240HP, mate that with a near matching amount of hopefully still snappy turbo Torque. I just want to upgrade the new Integra so that it can at least be faster than a 2022 BRZ/GR86, so I don’t regret not getting that car. Thus I hope the new Integra eventually gains a decent amount of aftermarket support. As it stands currently, and without the Integra Type-S, an ascended or god like Q being will have to stop me from trading in the new Integra for a GR Corolla when my turn eventually hits to pick that up, likely in a year or so, so official news of an Integra Type-S can not come soon enough. I think that will take a year as well as that’s about how long it took the TLX Type-S to come out after the regular new TLX, about 9 months.

Last edited:

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Which makes you wonder. If some additional safe performance from the Civic Si engine is still somehow on the table, and at the flick of an aftermarket tune switch perhaps (and I think that it would not have taken much more HP to appease a good portion of the new Integra's fan base), why not give the new Integra and your struggling premium brand the small extra boost that it could have really used, not a huge amount, just a small BRZ gen 1 to gen 2 style of boost, or about 25 HP more, while also reinforcing the engine a bit to go alone with it, and then we can additionally bolt on intake/tune module/exhaust aftermarket gear for just a bit more power to make it extra special, where one could just get over the 250HP mark with upgrades they could proudly tinker with themselves with the reinforced engine in this imaginary situation. If the GR Yaris engine can be reinforced and pumped up in HP for the 300HP GR Corolla, I’m sure Acura could have too. The obvious sad answer is that they either already maxed out the engine and or that they just decided 200HP was a reasonable amount so long as they didn’t have to invest more money in the engine R&D budget. And I would have happily paid 3 grand more right now for just what the S2000 had, a decent 240HP, mate that with a near matching amount of hopefully still snappy turbo Torque. I just want to upgrade the new Integra so that it can at least be faster than a 2022 BRZ/GR86, so I don’t regret not getting that car. Thus I hope the new Integra eventually gains a decent amount of aftermarket support. As it stands currently, and without the Integra Type-S, an ascended or god like Q being will have to stop me from trading in the new Integra for a GR Corolla when my turn eventually hits to pick that up, likely in a year or so, so official news of an Integra Type-S can not come soon enough. I think that will take a year as well as that’s about how long it took the TLX Type-S to come out after the regular new TLX, about 9 months.
I don’t understand why Toyota did the GR Corolla on a 5 year old rotten on the vine car. Major fail!

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Yes, that’s the biggest con in the new GR Corolla. And I’m afraid I will get so used to the luxury of the Integra, especially with the nicer seats and stereo, that I will not want to go back. I fact, I’m almost certain that will happen.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
There were multiple reviews about the 1.5T being capable but not inspiring. If I'm going to part with my 3 liter straight six, the engine is going to need to have some "soul."
Case in point, I drove my Saab for 18 years. It was the base 2.3t. I loved that car for many reasons, but I loved the engine because it ALWAYS wanted to give a little bit more.
On the rare occasions i would have cruised at 90 mph, I could feel it saying - "Do you wanna go 100? I'm ready!"
Or more often - "You can go 55 if you want, but I'm ready for 80 mph in heartbeat. Just move your toe!"

Yeah, I'm slightly less optimistic now. Loved everything I heard about it being smoother and more comfortable, that was certainly my expectation.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Yup. 37k isn't chump change. Great car for non-enthusiasts and any car with a manual is good for enthusiasts, but I'm not interested in the base Integra anymore because I'm not desperate for a car and the Type-S has to be a better value than the 200HP Integra's. Not at all impressed with how much some people are willing to stick their neck to defend a multi-trillion dollar conglomerate with excuses more than even Acura sale reps. Definitely not a bad vehicle, but I'm not excited for it anymore. I can't imagine the manual version to be that much more fun than a tuned fully loaded Civic Hatchback either so you really have to be okay with paying extra strictly for the luxury amenities.

Last edited: