• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Who bought a Type S Demo/“Launch Edition”

Dustbunni

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Honda Civic 21 Infiniti QX50
Just wondering if you don’t mind answering, but what did you pay for it? How many miles were on it? Are you happy with the deal looking back today?

Dealer offered one to me after almost 2 months has had unauthorized test drives. Marked up beyond belief at $64k.
Just wanted to see what everyone got for a demo.
TIA

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dustbunni

Dustbunni

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s the Launch PWP/Red with bronze wheels and all the other accessories. That the entire package is marked up to about 10k and then $600 in window tint.
Not looking to pay much mark up on this if at all. But I know they will make me pay for the accessories some how.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Funny, our demo (as are most others) has the launch edition full accessory package installed and our ADM is $5k over making it the same $64k asking price...it's been sitting on our show room floor for almost 2 months...wonder why.

-G

OP
OP
Dustbunni

Dustbunni

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Funny, our demo (as are most others) has the launch edition full accessory package installed and our ADM is $5k over making it the same $64k asking price...it's been sitting on our show room floor for almost 2 months...wonder why.

-G
Prolly doesn’t have 500 plus miles on it either. I know the Acura guys took it over to the sister Honda location across town and let the salesmen there drive it as well.
More and more I feel like I need to pass this by. The only thing that worries me this dealer has had this “Demo” and got only 1 other preorder since launch. So I may end up looking elsewhere. I need to go and talk to them and see if they are willing to negotiate on it. I dunno. I feel my frustration building more and more. With this whole thing.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Don't pay that much for this car. Lean hard into negotiating; offer what you're willing to pay and be ready to walk away. There will be more.

Gbsn721

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 CTR
88 miles, haven’t had any problems so far.

If you pick up a demo, make sure you get all your stock parts.

IMG_2306.jpeg

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
Got mine with 56 miles on it for 60.4k OTD
Had them swap out the wheels and shift knob as I didn’t want it. They couldn’t take off the Alcantara steering wheel or regular floormats so I’m stuck with those. debating to swap it back to the OEM wheel and selling the Alcantara one but it feels nice. Overall pretty happy since I don’t have to wait anymore or pay markup for one without accessories

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Prolly doesn’t have 500 plus miles on it either. I know the Acura guys took it over to the sister Honda location across town and let the salesmen there drive it as well.
More and more I feel like I need to pass this by. The only thing that worries me this dealer has had this “Demo” and got only 1 other preorder since launch. So I may end up looking elsewhere. I need to go and talk to them and see if they are willing to negotiate on it. I dunno. I feel my frustration building more and more. With this whole thing.
From, talking to several dealers what I found was busy dealers, who move a lot of volume, get more cars, and more integra's.
A dealer near me got two others unexpectedly after selling their demo and then a couple allocations, they are selling them at sticker, no add ons, other than the demo car.
Dealers who only have the one or can't get others are most likely lower volume dealers, and for a car like this, you want to find a super store or larger dealer in general, IMO.

pvc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S Launch Edition
I bought a launch edition demo. Had 1400 miles on it. Spent too much, but I love the car so far and don't regret it. I'd have needed to travel several hundred miles before getting a different dealer.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
There's no 'launch edition' from Acura. Dealers are tacking on as many accessories with markup and calling them such.

"Launch Edition"

There's MSRP dealers. I'm picking mine up on Saturday at MSRP plus $100 wheel locks and $250 doc fees. Mungenast Acura in St. Louis, the two Minneapolis Acura dealers, and Acura Columbus are MSRP dealers. Acura North Austin does MSRP plus $1200 accessories. Each of these dealers has a wait-list with some requiring a deposit. I didn't pay a deposit just got on a wait-list and a week later dealer called. This thread is a good reference.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
There's no 'launch edition' from Acura. Dealers are tacking on as many accessories with markup and calling them such.
For what it's worth, dealerships agreed to put Acura's list of required accessories on their demo vehicle in order to get a demo vehicle (aka an additional allocation). These vehicles are commonly referred to as "launch edition".

Not all dealerships added these accessories, but I assume most did. Not all dealerships are allowing test drives on these vehicles, but some are. The cost of the accessory package will vary between dealerships.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
For what it's worth, dealerships agreed to put Acura's list of required accessories on their demo vehicle in order to get a demo vehicle (aka an additional allocation). These vehicles are commonly referred to as "launch edition".

Not all dealerships added these accessories, but I assume most did. Not all dealerships are allowing test drives on these vehicles, but some are. The cost of the accessory package will vary between dealerships.
I agree. The thing is there's no consistency. I've called countless dealers the past two weeks and the handful that claimed their demo as a launch edition were at random figures for them. From $5.5k to $10k and one telling me every future ITS they receive will have $7800 in launch edition accessories. Despite not being interested in the accessories regardless of cost it would have been good for there to be an actual Launch Edition.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I agree. The thing is there's no consistency. I've called countless dealers the past two weeks and the handful that claimed their demo as a launch edition were at random figures for them. From $5.5k to $10k and one telling me every future ITS they receive will have $7800 in launch edition accessories. Despite not being interested in the accessories regardless of cost it would have been good for there to be an actual Launch Edition.
It sounds like your issue is generally with the dealership model, and I empathize with you there--dealerships are independent businesses, and pricing for everything will vary from one to the next. Acura sets MSRP for the cars and the accessories, the dealership chooses if/how to mark-up from there.

If they want to add the same package of accessories beyond the demo unit, they certainly can, just as dealerships were welcome to add additional accessories on top of the required ones for the demo unit. They're all in the business of making a profit.

Not sure what you're getting at with "an actual Launch Edition". Maybe bespoke accessories for the first X number of ITS'? That would've been fun, but not really Acura's style. The closest you'll get to numbered/limited edition is PMC (at least for now).

Gbsn721

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 CTR
I’m not sure where the verbiage “Launch Edition” came from but those words were used on every demo car at every dealership I called. I would assume someone at Acura actually suggested the name to the dealers for the accessory pack on those cars. All had the exact same list of accessories that were, from what I understand, part of the deal dealers had to agree to in order to receive a demo car from Acura.

image_0.jpeg

This is the list for the car I bought In Louisiana.

IMG_6700.jpeg

This is the car with an absurd markup in California somewhere with the same list.

*Edit - Here is a table I made in another post of the MSRP of each accessory listed on Acuras “car builder”.

ItemMSRP
Bronze Wheels$2186
Valve Stem Caps$29
Illuminated Front Emblem$350
Gloss Black Rear Emblem$80
Gloss Black Type S Badges$240
Carbon Fiber Spoiler$950
Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers$600
Black Wheel Locks$93
Premium Carpet Floor Mats$240
Shift Knob$200
Alcantara Steering Wheel$400
Illuminated Door Sills$460
Total$5828

As far as I know these prices are supposed to be just for the part and do not include install, tho I was charged below this price with out any installation tacked on.

Last edited: