• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

what are your annoyances with your Integra Type S?

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
someone else had posted about "biggest surprise" in another thread, so as i started to write a reply in that thread, i realized i was going on a bit and didn't want to hijack that thread.

so what are your annoyances with your Integra Type S thus far?

i've hardly put any miles on mine (<90 miles) while i am waiting to get it PPF-ed. so most of these criticisms don't relate to the driving experience itself, which is of course the real reason why most of us got this car. (and these opinions are in the context of my current daily, a 2016 BMW M235 xdrive coupe, and our family car -- 2023 Kia Sorento Hybrid)

annoyances:
-rear view camera resolution is really poor
-rear view camera cannot be activated independent of putting the car into reverse gear. my BMW (and the family KIA), i could enable the parking mode sensor and camera view with a button
-no power folding mirrors; knew about the lack of this feature, but it's a really convenient feature. i know some people have retrofitted this feature, but i don't care for tearing into my car this early in the warranty period
-the car is surprisingly large -- nearly 10 inches longer than my coupe (and only 3 inches shorter than the 3-row crossover!) -- and as such the integra barely fits inside my garage (typical small and cluttered California garage....)
-bottom plastic skirt beneath the front splitter/bumper scrapes the driveway (typical overly steep California driveway curb)
-seats are only leather trimmed, not full leather. (and i'm not sure if it is really even true leather or some synthetic?)
-somewhat large/uneven panel gaps, on my particular car at least. probably not appreciable if taken/seen alone, but in context of the BMW and KIA, the gaps are larger

this Acura definitely isn't luxurious or in the same class as Germans (or even Koreans)

of course, these annoyances will (hopefully) be forgiven and overlooked once i actually drive it more... ;)

winemaker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mazda CX5 (kids' beater car), 1955 T-bird
Re: the rear view camera resolution. I actually went to the back camera lens on my ITS and checked to see if there was one of those pieces of clear cling film on the camera it was so poor looking. Turns out that's just the way it is. The rear view camera on my '19 Jeep Wrangler was much, much clearer. It baffles me that a car like this can have a camera worthy of 2003.

I don't have many other gripes but the car is still brand new. Probably the strangest thing to me is why there aren't usb ports for the back seats. Maybe it really is 2003.

ETA: oh, and the dumb no Homelink thing.

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
You touched on a sore point of mine that I just realized. I wish there was a button to turn on the rear camera like you said. Better yet, I wish it was a front/rear or 360 camera.

Currently have 1,300 miles on mine and other than the rear camera, the only thing that irks me is the lack of home link.

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
annoyances:
-rear view camera resolution is really poor
-rear view camera cannot be activated independent of putting the car into reverse gear. my BMW (and the family KIA), i could enable the parking mode sensor and camera view with a button
-no power folding mirrors; knew about the lack of this feature, but it's a really convenient feature. i know some people have retrofitted this feature, but i don't care for tearing into my car this early in the warranty period
-the car is surprisingly large -- nearly 10 inches longer than my coupe (and only 3 inches shorter than the 3-row crossover!) -- and as such the integra barely fits inside my garage (typical small and cluttered California garage....)
-bottom plastic skirt beneath the front splitter/bumper scrapes the driveway (typical overly steep California driveway curb)
-seats are only leather trimmed, not full leather. (and i'm not sure if it is really even true leather or some synthetic?)
-somewhat large/uneven panel gaps, on my particular car at least. probably not appreciable if taken/seen alone, but in context of the BMW and KIA, the gaps are larger
My old man rebuttal (50% tongue n' cheek and 50% grumpy old man talking):

- turn your head, resolution is excellent and image is even in 3D.

- Cant figure out why one would need to have camera on when not planning to move the car. I guess maybe rolling down a hill in neutral?

- If the spot is so tight you need 4 extra inches, find another place to park.

- Yes this sedan is bigger than most coupes and smaller than most SUVs. As for garage, it does not fit in mine at all. Yes, I have too much stuff in the damn garage.

- wait until you lower it 2.54cm and install an splitter. I used my FK8 for plowing snow and plan to do the same with the ITS.

- If these seats were full leather you would slide out of them in the corners. You will see when you start to drive it hard.

- Gaps are good on mine.

I wish it had built in nav.

Bass is too boomy, not tight.

Speed limits displayed on the heads up are all too slow.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
Re: the rear view camera resolution. I actually went to the back camera lens on my ITS and checked to see if there was one of those pieces of clear cling film on the camera it was so poor looking. Turns out that's just the way it is. The rear view camera on my '19 Jeep Wrangler was much, much clearer. It baffles me that a car like this can have a camera worthy of 2003.

I don't have many other gripes but the car is still brand new. Probably the strangest thing to me is why there aren't usb ports for the back seats. Maybe it really is 2003.

ETA: oh, and the dumb no Homelink thing.
Maybe Acura removed the rear USB ports so passengers enjoy the drive, look at the scenery, enjoy a conversation.....When we complain about the lack of to charge our phones, means we are connected to them way to much (if there truly is a dire need have the passenger set it on the wireless charger in the front or use one of the ports in front)

winemaker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mazda CX5 (kids' beater car), 1955 T-bird
Maybe Acura removed the rear USB ports so passengers enjoy the drive, look at the scenery, enjoy a conversation.....When we complain about the lack of to charge our phones, means we are connected to them way to much (if there truly is a dire need have the passenger set it on the wireless charger in the front or use one of the ports in front)
Haha. I'd like to think that is true but it is highly unlikely. The more likely explanation is the bean counters realized they were $938.74 below their projected profit margin per vehicle and gave the project manager until the end of the day to come up with a list of things that can be cut that won't affect fuel efficiency or vehicle performance. Boom--eliminate the rear USB ports and another $87/vehicle can go into the coffers.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I will mirror what @meki22 said about the camera options - this should be easy to do from the manufacturer. Who knows if a software update can fix that over time or not. I miss my 360 cam for parking & wish it could be activated with a button instead of just the reverse gear.

I will also mirror what @zooka said about charging. So far no issues here with the family in the car, but we are also the type to quickly say to put the screens down & look at the world around you - before it rapidly goes downhill more. šŸ˜ That's how most of us grew up I'm sure - music & looking out the windows. Siiiigh, miss those days. I'm a musician & usually blare my radio but the exhaust sounds so good in this car I barely ever turn it up.

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
Former car was a 2016 Accord V6 6 Speed EX-L so I will be comparing the two closely
1. Shift knob/cupholder/arm rest placement
- shift knob position was perfect with water bottles For the ITS, if I place my 24 oz hydroflask in either cup holder, it is slightly in the way of my arm shifting. Also would prefer the arm rest be a little longer for optimal positioning.
2. The center console rubs my right leg awkwardly due to it being shaped outward. It might just be my driving position or posture but I didn't have this issue with the accord either as the center console was smooth and straight up.
3. Absence of memory/ventilated seats
4. Small fuel tank (Max I got so far was 240 miles vs 300+ on accord)
5. Having to get All Season tires (live in VA)
6. Wish the Trunk Lid button actually popped the trunk instead of unlocking it.
7. No homelink garage openers
8. I wish the gauges were more custom or unique such as the Type R. Holding out hope that maybe since it is digital, it might be possible for customization in the future?
9. Would prefer rear middle seat as the dedicated cup holder can't even fit my hydroflask comfortably

Even with all these gripes, I still love the car 10/10. If the above things were addressed then would be a 11/10 and I understand everyone has different preferences so it would be damn near impossible to please everybody.

This is my second car purchased ever and am overall happy with the package. I think the only realistic updates that would come for the mid cycle refresh are rear usbs, memory/ventilated seats, and homelink and potentially more color combos.

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
4. Small fuel tank (Max I got so far was 240 miles vs 300+ on accord)
Totally forgot about this for some reason. Honestly, this is my biggest gripe with the ITS. Camera next.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
None of this bothers me in the slightest. The car is perfect in every regard, or at the very least any of the imperfections are easily forgiven because of the way it looks and drives.

But please god somebody help me do something about the wastegate rattle.

1694006429300.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
None of this bothers me in the slightest. The car is perfect in every regard, or at the very least any of the imperfections are easily forgiven because of the way it looks and drives.

But please god somebody help me do something about the wastegate rattle.

1694006429300.png
I'm thinking these antiseize lubricants could work.
https://www.mcmaster.com/product/10295K29
https://www.mcmaster.com/product/1280K41

These are good for well over 2000 degrees and are compatible with most metals.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
1776 miles in on the odometer.

Small list of grievances:

- no physical handbrake. On my old school Integra I used it to ā€œpretendā€ to drift. Later on it was useful in snow conditions as I was able to pull the rear of the car around turns so I donā€™t get stuck. Would also be nice to have to hold onto for bracing around corners

- no homelink. Sadly this is something I use daily and would have been nice to have instead of the large clunky remotes.

- rear AC vents. Driving this summer heat hasnā€™t been a big issue as the car cools down plentifully
but since I have children it would be nice for them to have cold air blasting their faces.

- road noise rattles that come and go. It happens with most cars but I understand the ITS isnā€™t packed to the brim with sound deadening.

The rear camera isnā€™t the clearest, but I backup the old fashion way turning my whole body and using side mirrors as guides. Considering Acura doesnā€™t give us the ability to use the rear camera to record or anything else, the grainy camera serves its purpose for parking.

The ITS doesnā€™t have all the luxury and creature comforts as TLX-S or the A-Spec but considering itā€™s intended to be Acuraā€™s top sports model as a Type S (Integra was the first Type R originally) its not meant to have all the luxury features.

Simplest example is my 2000 LS Integra had air conditioning but the Integra Type R had no AC but I desperately wanted it knowing it was for performance. Iā€™ve never driven the ITR, but the ITS made all my dreams come true in terms of performance and handling feel

Ministry

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S (DE5), FL5(sold)
So far my biggest complaint is the thin/stiff seat cushion. My bum isn't that happy atm and I hope it softens up over time.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
So far my biggest complaint is the thin/stiff seat cushion. My bum isn't that happy atm and I hope it softens up over time.
I also noticed this on longer drives, i have no issue with bolstering or getting comfortable, but on longer drives the discomfort starts to settle in. Not back pain, but bum pain. Not sure how this would compare to FL5 seats.