• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What’s it gonna take to get you to buy a Type S?

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
And the Acura hating circle jerks continue…?
LOL like any echo chamber I have come to learn that some people want to find flaws because of their own insecurities lol

let’s be honest a solid 20-30% of the folks participating in these forums are not even buying the car, and once we start posting our deliveries and going through technical analysis, it’ll just be new avenues for the same people to poke at holes

pay them no mind.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Damn can’t even speculate on possible specs of an unannounced trim? @HKF how would you like us to speculate so as not to hurt your sensibilities?
Agree. Speculating isn't immediately hating on the car, in most cases it's being realistic about expectations. Acura didn't even see fit to give the base a small bump over the Si (acura specific tuning not withstanding).

I personally am in the camp that the ITS will cost about the same as the CTR... the tradeoff will be raw HP numbers for more luxury amenities. The TLX versus the TLX Type S exist with an 80hp difference... using a similar formula for the ITS means 280... VERY close to the TLX base 2.0T 275hp. I think it'll come down to what priorities people have... if you want raw uber performance with less amenities, the CTR will exist in that 300+hp manual only arena while the ITS will exist as the 275hp auto option premium features entry. They'll be priced very much on par with one another (maybe within $1000 or so), and that performance difference will be the justification along with the auto availability of the ITS.

That's not hating on the ITS or Integra. It's being logical and realistic about expectations for a car that is, lets be honest, not going to be a volume selling car and has very much been built with keeping added costs under control so that it can continue to be an attractive entry to the brand / civic alternative. It in no way means the car will be bad.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I doubt it'll happen. 306 seems too big of a jump from 200 and too close to the TLXTS's 355 and Honda's not about the big numbers
that's literally the jump from Si to R and smaller than the jump from the new Si to the soon coming R.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Hot Take: Everyone's so fixated on HP numbers. From "why doesn't the TLX Type S have 400hp to the Integra type S NEEDS minimum 250hp." In all honesty Acura could care less about our opinions. They are not building cars with the idea of you 40 rolling people on your way to a Target. They know if speed and raw numbers is your MO that you'll take your business elsewhere. They build entry level luxury cars that are fun to drive for the average user. Seriously think about it. Do you think 1000 - 1500 upset people on the internet are going to be the downfall of an almost $50 Billion company!?

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
that's literally the jump from Si to R and smaller than the jump from the new Si to the soon coming R.
Yup! Was about to reply the same thing. It wasn't long ago that the RSX offered the same output as the Civic SI and then nearly a 25% increase in the RSX Type S.

Of course this was before the CTR was available in the states and the Civic SI that followed received the same power bump by the time the RSX was being phased out.

I don't see why this Integra should be a watered down Civic considering Acura is targeting more performance and wants this to be their new halo car in the absence of the NSX.

Also, I secretly want it to look like this (without the decals) but not a deal breaker if it doesn't. ?

Img_2022_03_18_07_27_37.jpeg

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup! Was about to reply the same thing. It wasn't long ago that the RSX offered the same output as the Civic SI and then nearly a 25% increase in the RSX Type S.

Of course this was before the CTR was available in the states and the Civic SI that followed received the same power bump by the time the RSX was being phased out.

I don't see why this Integra should be a watered down Civic considering Acura is targeting more performance and wants this to be their new halo car in the absence of the NSX.

Also, I secretly want it to look like this (without the decals) but not a deal breaker if it doesn't. ?

As long as the wing is properly mounted ? and maybe quad tips i'd put in my deposit today

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
Hot Take: Everyone's so fixated on HP numbers. From "why doesn't the TLX Type S have 400hp to the Integra type S NEEDS minimum 250hp." In all honesty Acura could care less about our opinions. They are not building cars with the idea of you 40 rolling people on your way to a Target. They know if speed and raw numbers is your MO that you'll take your business elsewhere. They build entry level luxury cars that are fun to drive for the average user. Seriously think about it. Do you think 1000 - 1500 upset people on the internet are going to be the downfall of an almost $50 Billion company!?
Not saying it will be the downfall of the company by any means. They've obviously done their market research.

But like you said, I would simply take my business elsewhere. Just waiting for the used car market to calm down a bit.

I have faith in Acura's team wanting to target more of the purists by offering a manual and similar specs to a (probably less track oriented) Type R.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.

I feel like Wings make more sense on a track oriented car like the CTR. I don’t really see them doing a ITS with a huge wing. I could see them doing the accessory wing. Quad exhaust tips is more then likely coming because all Type S models have it.

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
I feel like Wings make more sense on a track oriented car like the CTR. I don’t really see them doing a ITS with a huge wing. I could see them doing the accessory wing. Quad exhaust tips is more then likely coming because all Type S models have it.
Yep, just being silly. I just remember people putting similar wings from the Integra Type R on their RSX Type S in the states.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yep, just being silly. I just remember people putting similar wings from the Integra Type R on their RSX Type S in the states.
Yeah I remember that and also the RSX Type S had an Acura Accessory wing you could get.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Type-S is a PERFORMANCE line, so yes good performance is expected.

Q50 Red Stort 400HP
Lincoln MKZ 400HP
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing 472hp
Also, entry level luxury with 400HP+ In the first 2 cases, much cheaper than the TLX Type-S.

In the rest of its class the BMW and Audi both handle much better than the TLX Type-S.

Taurus SHO
Stinger GT
Not even luxury, with more power. Ones even a decade old at this point.

If a Type-S Integra has anything less than the 272HP 2.0T it will be a JOKE against the direct and indirect competition as much of it is just under or just over 300HP. More so when its nearly the only in one in its class with no AWD option.

No one cares about if its "the downfall" of the company or not. That's not going to change if the car is a disappointment vs its competition in many measures. And at 250HP for almost 40K it would disappoint in EVERY metric other than "the cheapest option" Which at 40K and 250HP the GTI, and Mazda 3 are both massively better buys. It will be losing to NON luxury cars at that point.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type-S is a PERFORMANCE line, so yes good performance is expected.

Q50 Red Stort 400HP
Lincoln MKZ 400HP
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing 472hp
Also, entry level luxury with 400HP+ In the first 2 cases, much cheaper than the TLX Type-S.

In the rest of its class the BMW and Audi both handle much better than the TLX Type-S.

Taurus SHO
Stinger GT
Not even luxury, with more power. Ones even a decade old at this point.

If a Type-S Integra has anything less than the 272HP 2.0T it will be a JOKE against the direct and indirect competition as much of it is just under or just over 300HP. More so when its nearly the only in one in its class with no AWD option.

No one cares about if its "the downfall" of the company or not. That's not going to change if the car is a disappointment vs its competition in many measures. And at 250HP for almost 40K it would disappoint in EVERY metric other than "the cheapest option" Which at 40K and 250HP the GTI, and Mazda 3 are both massively better buys. It will be losing to NON luxury cars at that point.
All your points are correct. Hence why I said the consumer would just take their business elsewhere. For me personally I don't care if the "performance Integra" has 250hp or hell even 210hp. I will be coming from a 158hp Civic. Don't you have a Mustang that would probably walk the Integra Type S and TLX Type S? why does it matter so much to you if it has 250, 272, 306 HP?