• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What’s it gonna take to get you to buy a Type S?

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Here's something.
I'm sure most of you guys know this but specs are not the only thing that matters.
I was also very disappointed when they released the TLX-S specs, but as a package some people might actually prefer it.
Infiniti's 400hp V6TT is indeed very respectable, but as a package it's not the best in its class.
I'd probably go with something with less hp like Sting/G70, M340i, S4 or even TLX-S instead.

FoRS had 44 more hp than CTR but that fact alone couldn't make it a better car.
GTI's specs are pure disappointment compared to its competitors yet it's still considered as one of the best hot hatchbacks out there.
My point is that cars are all about personal preferences.

But yes, the TLX-S could have used more power and less weight.
I think most of the disappointment came from the marketing tho.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Here's something.
I'm sure most of you guys know this but specs are not the only thing that matters.
I was also very disappointed when they released the TLX-S specs, but as a package some people might actually prefer it.
Infiniti's 400hp V6TT is indeed very respectable, but as a package it's not the best in its class.
I'd probably go with something with less hp like Sting/G70, M340i, S4 or even TLX-S instead.

FoRS had 44 more hp than CTR but that fact alone couldn't make it a better car.
GTI's specs are pure disappointment compared to its competitors yet it's still considered as one of the best hot hatchbacks out there.
My point is that cars are all about personal preferences.

But yes, the TLX-S could have used more power and less weight.
I think most of the disappointment came from the marketing tho.
The RS also has AWD, and imo a more comfortable seat.

That aside to me its more that the Bar of a luxury feeling AWD car with ~350Hp TTv6 was set like 10yrs ago as the standard, and that Acura is only now also meeting that standard when older/cheaper alternatives have pasted it and are either gone or coming up on a refresh shortly. if Acura to me wanted to impress they should have seen that and aimed higher, like say 390HP. Everyone else came out with their 3.0TT years ago. The TLX just feels like a "yeah me too!'

Fords 3.5TT 365 HP was 2010, the 3.0tt with 350 or 400HP were 2017
Infiniti 3.0TT 400HP was 2016
Kia 3.3TT was 2016
BMW N55HP was 355 in 2013
Not sure when MB came out with theirs.
Cadillac has had a 3.0TT with 400HP since 16 or 17.
I think Audis more recent 3.0t came out in like 2014 or 15

It just feels like Acura was targeting what was a trend over 5 years ago instead of what was coming. It just came out and it already fits inline with cars from 5-7yrs ago.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

That aside to me its more that the Bar of a luxury feeling AWD car with ~350Hp TTv6 was set like 10yrs ago as the standard, and that Acura is only now also meeting that standard when older/cheaper alternatives have pasted it and are either gone or coming up on a refresh shortly. if Acura to me wanted to impress they should have seen that and aimed higher, like say 390HP. Everyone else came out with their 3.0TT years ago. The TLX just feels like a "yeah me too!'

Kia 3.3TT was 2016

It just feels like Acura was targeting what was a trend over 5 years ago instead of what was coming. It just came out and it already fits inline with cars from 5-7yrs ago.
You are right.
I hope you got my point tho.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT

Kia 3.3TT was 2016

I’ve seen people with crazy hp numbers and times with very simple mods on the tlx s. The motor is super capable but I’m pretty sure Acura undertuned it by a ton, knowing people mod Hondas, so they could get better official mpg numbers. It’s a win win.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
After what they’ve shown us so far they’ve left a gap wrt a compelling value that hopefully the ITS can fill.

The Si is compelling at $33k here. The base Integra is a good value if you’re ok with CVT. If you insist on a 6M there are no fair options yet.

So my killer “feature” is not a feature but rather value or bang for buck. If they can offer ITS at a price that feels like you’re getting your moneys worth I’m in.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
As long as the ITS builds on the tech, which is should. Adds some stuff including more power of course. It should be a great value.

It’s totally possible that they left things out of the integra to make room for the its. Just like they left things off of the Si to make room for the integra. Maybe the its gets ventilated seats and 360 camera etc.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I’ve seen people with crazy hp numbers and times with very simple mods on the tlx s. The motor is super capable but I’m pretty sure Acura undertuned it by a ton, knowing people mod Hondas, so they could get better official mpg numbers. It’s a win win.
Sure, but that also applies to all those cars listed. They all respond very well to mods, and have very strong internals. I also left out the Ford Fusion which had a 325HP 2.7L with AWD.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sure, but that also applies to all those cars listed. They all respond very well to mods, and have very strong internals. I also left out the Ford Fusion which had a 325HP 2.7L with AWD.
They discontinued that thing way too soon. It wasn't the Mondeo ST revival I hoped for but it was still a good package.
I think Ford is the best example here since the Ecoboost engines in those vehicles are transversely mounted just like Acura.
It's much easier to increase power on longitudinally mounted engines so I don't think it's fair to compare Acura's V6T with other engines that are mounted differently.
But obviously Acura can't use it as an excuse because Ford has been making 365+hp 3.5TT 400hp 3.0TT in the same layout for years lol
Cadillac even had 404hp XTS.
Anyone who wanted mote than that from a transversely mounted V6 was simply daydreaming tho

This was actually one of the reasons why I hoped Acura would go back to using longitudinal layout but well ?‍♂

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
They discontinued that thing way too soon. It wasn't the Mondeo ST revival I hoped for but it was still a good package.
I think Ford is the best example here since the Ecoboost engines in those vehicles are transversely mounted just like Acura.
It's much easier to increase power on longitudinally mounted engines so I don't think it's fair to compare Acura's V6T with other engines that are mounted differently.
But obviously Acura can't use it as an excuse because Ford has been making 365+hp 3.5TT 400hp 3.0TT in the same layout for years lol
Cadillac even had 404hp XTS.
Anyone who wanted mote than that from a transversely mounted V6 was simply daydreaming tho

This was actually one of the reasons why I hoped Acura would go back to using longitudinal layout but well ?‍♂
I was really hoping they would have called it the Fusion SHO. I don't get why they didn't and used "Sport" instead. It would have been more logical as the same thing (v6tt and AWD) on the Taurus is called SHO.

Some reason they also brought out the 2.3 Mustang High Performance which was a power boost and handling package, so to me they should have just called that the Mustang 2.3 ST. Keep it in naming line. Meanwhile the handling package for the Mustang GT was called the Performance Package Level 2, and the power option was called the Bullitt, and then combining them is the Mach1...

To me it would have been easier to have the PP lv2 option for the GT or the Bullitt, and then when they dropped both options and merged/updated them, just called it the Mustang GT High Performance. Then the 2.3T and 5.0 would both have a handling/power bump with the same name.

Fiesta and Focus had the ST (more "entry level 'kids' cars)
Fusion and Taurus would be the SHO (sporty family cars)
2.3T and 5.0 Mustangs would have the Hi-Po packages.

Though really as Ford Performance was involved in ALL of those packages in some way, they should just call them all FP. Then you have cars that were developed with input/help from Ford Performance (called the FP packages or trim levels), then the cars that were developed in house and rebuilt by FP fully, called Shelby and Raptor.

twitchy15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Acura RDX, 2010 Honda Fit
I’d be happy with 250-300 hp
Manual or auto both have positives
The big thing for me is keeping the price reasonable.. 40,000-45,000 Canadian. This is still pretty pricey imo but if it’s done right I would buy it.

I think assuming the price is right the biggest thing that would Make it a instant buy is shawd.

I had a 2001 Acura ls, 2005 Acura type s and 2010 Honda Civic si.
Now driving 2011 Acura RDX and love the shawd

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
To me anything short of the 272HP 2.0t would be a disaster as it would be destroyed by its direct and cheaper competition. Also the 272 would be so predictable it may disapoint.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
What's it gonna take to get me in a ITS???

6 speed manual transmission-but not the one from my Accord 2.0t/6spd manual...it wasn't great at all.
2.0t engine with at least 250hp, Im ok with 250-270-290, etc.
A unique interior color combination

Maybes that are kinda important to me:
Ventilated seats
360 Camera.

I have honestly been spoiled by the feature content my Hyundai Palisade has..its hard to go back regular heated seats once you've had ventilated seats in ur other cars.

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
To me, it'll be a bust if the Type S doesn't at a minimum have the engine specs of the outgoing CTR. 306HP is not too much to ask for IMO. If the new CTR squeezes out even more horsepower, I'd hope that the ITS will match it. If not, it won't be a deal breaker for me.

Some might think I'm being unreasonable or unrealistic, but the figures of 250-270 that many are hoping for is too little to me for Acura's new "halo car" and last ICE vehicle.

Don't get me wrong, even the base Integra seems like a great car, but some of us are looking for more punch.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
To me, it'll be a bust if the Type S doesn't at a minimum have the engine specs of the outgoing CTR. 306HP is not too much to ask for IMO. If the new CTR squeezes out even more horsepower, I'd hope that the ITS will match it. If not, it won't be a deal breaker for me.

Some might think I'm being unreasonable or unrealistic, but the figures of 250-270 that many are hoping for is too little to me for Acura's new "halo car" and last ICE vehicle.

Don't get me wrong, even the base Integra seems like a great car, but some of us are looking for more punch.
I doubt it'll happen. 306 seems too big of a jump from 200 and too close to the TLXTS's 355 and Honda's not about the big numbers