• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Very Poor 2023 Integra 6MT Gas Mileage?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Ok I will try that stuff normal mode with 3rpm shifts
Another thing that I swear by and I have done my own independent testing is aftermarket intake air filters. I'm running prl intake filter but I have not tested the stock Vs air filter in this car but looking at how thick the stock filter is I'm sure an aftermarket one helps me achieve great numbers.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I mean you can have fun and shift higher but no more than 4000 rpm if you want at least 23-24mpg. With every car I purchase I almost make it a competition to beat whatever the car is rated at and I always win lol. But I'm just weird like that
No you're not. I do it, too, and I'm not weird...as far as I know. ;)

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
It's been super hot here, and Philly traffic sucks. I would see what your next tank gets you.
I do Conshy to Delco via 476 every day in rush hour traffic in my v8 and get 19.4mpg. My brother driving in Philly still gets north of 25mpg in his 2016 Civic with the 1.5T.

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
Drive the car a while, it will teach you how to shift with the least efforts.

Record mileage at fill ups and this gives you true mileage.

Itā€™s like a bicycle, there are efficient ways to get there and inefficient ways. With a bike we feel it in our legs, with a car the mileage. Sitting still and pedaling has an effect, tires us more.

BTW, our Gen 9 over years if just about 29.7 running around town. I donā€™t ever wring it out but do drive spiritedly. Have seen 40 down east on level ground staying in right lane with no AC.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
OK, gas mileage story. For 18 years I drove a Saab station wagon 2.3 turbo. 185hp; 220torques. The car was very responsive, but I was usually gentle on the throttle. I'd get 29 mpg on the highway staying under 70 mph.
When it was a couple years old, I bought an 18' boat and towed it regularly. The car did fine towing, only concerns ever were on steep/slippery ramps, and in stormy weather. I think I got about 22 mpg towing, usually under 65 mph
One day on the way back from the lake, I left the bimini top up. It sits about 24" over the windscreen and has a boot, so it is wrapped up, nice and tidy. The trip home was around 60 miles, and I got around 12 mpg. I didn't notice the car performing differently, but obviously it was working harder to fight the wind.

I say - drive the car the way you want, just keep in mind that your driving techniques and style are the biggest things to impact gas mileage. Chances are that if you can afford the car, you can also afford a couple tanks of gas a week. Have fun with it and don't sweat the mileage. Just keep it safe.

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I like the new Integra, I do drive it the way I like mostly, but I admit I want a bit more easy to wrangle power and Iā€™m getting lazy and older. I think my next car will be a refreshed TLX Tupe-S or RDX Type-S someday. Those will have bigger more comfy seats too. More features and luxjury, and Type-S sportiness.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like the new Integra, I do drive it the way I like mostly, but I admit I want a bit more easy to wrangle power and Iā€™m getting lazy and older. I think my next car will be a refreshed TLX Tupe-S or RDX Type-S someday. Those will have bigger more comfy seats too. More features and luxjury, and Type-S sportiness.
Sounds like you need a tune and you'll enjoy her a little more. I've tuned every car I've owned and it's always worth every penny especially if your car is comes turbo. N/A is not always that amazing.

OP
OP
NeoDiNardo

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
image.jpg

Ok now we are talking. Finally some good gas useage readings. Some light city and highway driving here, lots of 6th gear usage on adaptive cruise control. Now if only flames would trail my tires on that little car on the screen and if the gauge needles would turn into sith lightsabers, that would be something. And I agree, some upgrades would be fun, but I want to upgrade from a higher up starting point such as a possible Type-S variant of the new Integra. Perhaps some summer ties.

Edit: Seems idiling kills your gas fast, lost 2 mile per hour just idling 30 minutes. I was at 32 something and now Iā€™m at 30.4 MPGs.

Last edited:

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
image.jpg

Ok now we are talking. Finally some good gas useage readings. Some light city and highway driving here, lots of 6th gear usage on adaptive cruise control. Now if only flames would trail my tires on that little car on the screen and if the gauge needles would turn into sith lightsabers, that would be something. And I agree, some upgrades would be fun, but I want to upgrade from a higher up starting point such as a possible Type-S variant of the new Integra. Perhaps some summer ties.
Nice. Much better. Mine went down a bit because I've been really beating up the car. I'm trying to to get the 0-60 down to under 6 secs with just tune. I hit 6.2 as my best but I won't post a video until 6 or under lol. High temps just really kill power in this car.

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
I'm getting around 27 after the flashpro stock tune and mixed driving but on the frwy 75-90 mph

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
There's also a nice video on hypermileing doing pulse and glide techniques where I've gotten 40+ mpg but that's driving in the slow lane on the frwy and it's just tough to do but the mpg is amazing

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Nice. Much better. Mine went down a bit because I've been really beating up the car. I'm trying to to get the 0-60 down to under 6 secs with just tune. I hit 6.2 as my best but I won't post a video until 6 or under lol. High temps just really kill power in this car.
which tune are you running?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
which tune are you running?
Ktuner dual tube. Made some custom adjustments though. 17psi in normal mode. 19 Psi in sport. Throttle set to level 1 responsive and turbo spool to level 1. I have been driving more aggressive so my fuel economy took a small hit but I'm still at 30.9 for 979 miles so far. As long as I can keep mpg over 30 when I want to im sport mode I'm happy.