• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Value of the Integra Type S

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
GRC (40) and Elantra N (33) looking awful attractive now

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
52k in the used car market can get you…..

M2,m4, Camaro ss, mustang gt350, ect ect ect
That is true, but personally wouldn't own any of them.....each for a different reason. Sold my Focus RS last year, loved the car but wanted a more rounded car. The ITS could be a very nice alternative, but until I can drive one its still an unfulfilled promise of CTR similar performance with better street manners and a few upgrades.

While $51k+ is disappointing, very limited availability cars that are desirable and retain their resale value. As they say, it isn't what you pay for something its what what you realize when you sell that determines the value. Since the MSRP is different than an ADM, the current model for determining used car values makes a car without an ADM, a lower risk in general......but no guarantees.

Looking fwd to the reveal and a test drive of what may be one of the last "affordable" ICE, 6 spd, 4 dr performance cars with exceptional handling....they are getting even rarer today.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
For what it's worth, yes this price is higher than many expected, but it'll still sell. Unfortunately, it'll sell to people that were arguably less excited about the car than some of us around here, but it'll sell nonetheless. Value is all relative.

We've firmly established that there are plenty of faster cars out there, and there are plenty of cheaper and faster cars out there too. There are plenty of cars out there which are even faster and cheaper when you add the used market. The pool gets even bigger when you start working in coupes to the mix.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to compare the ITS to 2-seaters, coupes, or full-size sedans--if you like the Golf R or CTR more, they're technically out there... but good luck getting either at MSRP.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
My point is, this is Acura's "hot" version of the Integra, and I know it's marketed as more "street" oriented but my guess once review embargos are lifted we'll find out it's just as much of a usable track car as the CTR.
You're all over the place. Acura is the Luxury branded Honda, period. The Type-S is the performance/hot version, however, it is not a 'track oriented' Type-R. As you say, the Type-S is the performance street version. Not to be compared to 'R' = Race.

We're simply not going to agree.

Mike

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
At $52K, I'm probably still going to move forward as this was my 'high' estimate on MSRP ($48K makes way way more sense)...however, I'm only taking my preferred color combination. Plus, at this price, it once again opens the possibility I'll take my GR Corolla 'Circuit Edition' reservation (if I feel I can deal with the interior) or.....even a A-Spec Tech 6MT (if I can get comfortable with the 1.5T). We'll see. It looks like I'll have some time to decide before White/Black becomes available.

Mike

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
For what it's worth, yes this price is higher than many expected, but it'll still sell. Unfortunately, it'll sell to people that were arguably less excited about the car than some of us around here, but it'll sell nonetheless. Value is all relative.

We've firmly established that there are plenty of faster cars out there, and there are plenty of cheaper and faster cars out there too. There are plenty of cars out there which are even faster and cheaper when you add the used market. The pool gets even bigger when you start working in coupes to the mix.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to compare the ITS to 2-seaters, coupes, or full-size sedans--if you like the Golf R or CTR more, they're technically out there... but good luck getting either at MSRP.

i'm gonna guess in 6months you should be able to walk in to your acura dealer and walk out with one with out issues. Great car but price out.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
i'm gonna guess in 6months you should be able to walk in to your acura dealer and walk out with one with out issues. Great car but price out.
Guessing they will be under MSRP in 6 months. Not many insane people spending $52K for a fancy FWD Civic. The used market will crash too as people come to their senses and buy CPO M340i's running 12.2's.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Guessing they will be under MSRP in 6 months. Not many insane people spending $52K for a fancy FWD Civic. The used market will crash too as people come to their senses and buy CPO M340i's running 12.2's.
in the 46k range they could've had a hit imo. Profit margin on this thing must be high. No way this thing cost more than a RDX Aspec tech to build.

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
Because it only MAKES SENSE.

We all should know what people are paying for the CTR. You guys were all kidding yourselves.

There simply is not a better 4 door sports car from a driving dynamics perspective, ESPECIALLY considering the excellent manual transmission.

As I said in the other thread, this makes me glad. I don't have to fight with people who think this car should come in at a bargain bin price point. Go buy German if that floats your boat. Good luck with that!
Yea i agree, i have a deposit one one, and as much as this price sucks, im not sure what every one was thinking, there was no way this car was gonna be only 3-4k over a type R, realisitically even with its "lack of options" i bet the extra parts that are on the ITS cost Honda more than 1500-2000. And trying to compare the car to a TLX or a german doesnt really make sense. If I simply wanted a go fast good handling car, I would already be in a M340I. The manual hot hatch market, has a different justification for price in this day and age. I think you still get decent value with this car, and arguably the closet competitor other than the CTR is a golf R which in most aspects will be a inferior driving experience.

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
Yea i agree, i have a deposit one one, and as much as this price sucks, im not sure what every one was thinking, there was no way this car was gonna be only 3-4k over a type R, realisitically even with its "lack of options" i bet the extra parts that are on the ITS cost Honda more than 1500-2000. And trying to compare the car to a TLX or a german doesnt really make sense. If I simply wanted a go fast good handling car, I would already be in a M340I. The manual hot hatch market, has a different justification for price in this day and age. I think you still get decent value with this car, and arguably the closet competitor other than the CTR is a golf R which in most aspects will be a inferior driving experience.
For me personally it makes sense. As its my one car solution, and I live in a cold snowy state, so I really cant even consider things like a manual supra or a Nissan Z. At the end of the day if you dont care for the manual driving experience, then yes this car is not worth it.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
no doubt the driving experience is great but we're talking about a fancy 50k civic they doesn't even have 1 touch down windows for all four doors. I'm pretty sure Acura marketing lurks here. WTF were they thinking. Over 50k is suicide for the car
I hope Acura marketing does lurk and realizes how insane they are. The company is a joke now.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
no doubt the driving experience is great but we're talking about a fancy 50k civic they doesn't even have 1 touch down windows for all four doors. I'm pretty sure Acura marketing lurks here. WTF were they thinking. Over 50k is suicide for the car
"luxury" features the ITS is missing that my similarly priced TLX has:

Sunroof
HomeLink rear view mirror
Auto up/down all 4 windows
Rear air vents
Ventilated front seats
Memory driver seat
Power passenger seat
Optional heated steering wheel

Yes, the ITS and the TLX aren't exactly the same car, but Acura isn't Honda. Acura is a premium/luxury brand competing with the likes of Audi, BMW, etc., but skimping out on a lot of the luxury features that the competing cars have.