• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Does anyone know what the offset on the stock wheels is?

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Both the Civic hatchback and Integra are 18x8" +50.

FL5 CTR is 19x9.5" +60

Given that the dual axis suspension is lifted from the Civic Type R…best guess for ITS would be the same.

Could be completely wrong.

TeggyS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F150
is there any official information on the bolt patterns? I have seen 5x120 and 5x114.3 floating around.. I’m hoping it stays at 5x114.3 since I already have some wheels in those bolt patterns

OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
That's what I was thinking, and I think if so the ideal winter tire size would be 18x8 +42 and 235/40/18 tires.

However I also read that the ITS is 0.4 inches wider than the CTR, and can't find the true wheel specs anywhere. I'll update this thread with any info I find.

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
is there any official information on the bolt patterns? I have seen 5x120 and 5x114.3 floating around.. I’m hoping it stays at 5x114.3 since I already have some wheels in those bolt patterns
If it's using the same brake hardware as the CTR it'll be 5x120.

OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
If it's using the same brake hardware as the CTR it'll be 5x120.
Correct, according to TireRack (ITS is a selectable model on the wheel/tire builder now)

For those interested:

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 3.45.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 3.46.24 PM.png

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
That's what I was thinking, and I think if so the ideal winter tire size would be 18x8 +42 and 235/40/18 tires.

However I also read that the ITS is 0.4 inches wider than the CTR, and can't find the true wheel specs anywhere. I'll update this thread with any info I find.
Been debating this one in my head. 18x8 +42 would match stock wheels for where the outside face sits, but would also change the scrub radius. Thinking you need to maintain +60 offset regardless of wheel width to maintain scrub radius - this becomes a challenge as there's virtually no wheels with such a high offset.

Hoping someone with more knowledge can chime in on the above and how to maintain scrub radius/handling characteristics when modifying wheel width.

OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Been debating this one in my head. 18x8 +42 would match stock wheels for where the outside face sits, but would also change the scrub radius. Thinking you need to maintain +60 offset regardless of wheel width to maintain scrub radius - this becomes a challenge as there's virtually no wheels with such a high offset.

Hoping someone with more knowledge can chime in on the above and how to maintain scrub radius/handling characteristics when modifying wheel width.
That's a good point, and this is going to be a challenge. I haven't found anything bigger than the +42 ones I posted.

Last edited:

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
The type R forged accessory wheel would maintain scrub R, drop ~20 lbs in unsprung and you could easily swap in acura center caps to look oem. Still 19" though

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The type R forged accessory wheel would maintain scrub R, drop ~20 lbs in unsprung and you could easily swap in acura center caps to look oem. Still 19" though
Yeah. I don't care for the design though.
Also arent the factory ITS wheels lighter then the 18s on the standard Teggy A spec?

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
The CTR and ITS will be sharing the same bolt pattern circle and bore size, and suspect the same offset.

The suspension knuckle was designed to overcome torque steer by the relationship of wheel and centerline of the suspension, changing offset is a key factor that if changed may reduce the effectiveness of the design. Doesn’t mean that it is a disaster or a few mm change ( 5mm) but large changes (20mm) could lessen its effectiveness.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
The CTR and ITS will be sharing the same bolt pattern circle and bore size, and suspect the same offset.

The suspension knuckle was designed to overcome torque steer by the relationship of wheel and centerline of the suspension, changing offset is a key factor that as it is change may reduce the effectiveness of the design. Doesn’t that it is a disater for a few mm change ( 5mm) but large changes (20mm) could.
I haven't found anything in 18x8 or 18x9 that's close to +60, but the CTR forums seem to mostly say going to +42 or so (which seems to be the biggest off the shelf number) does change the handling a bit but it's "not a big deal."

That may or may not be true, but I'm not sure we're going to have much choice for winter wheels without buying custom ones.