• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
The older RL (2005 - 2015) HAD THE SAME CIRCLE AND BORE SIZE.....OFFSET UNKNOWN.

OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Looks like the 8x18s were ET55 and the 8.5x19s were ET50. Now the looks are a different story, but the offset almost spot on. Good find!

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/acura/rl/2013/

Looking further into this site, here are all available options in 18x8 with at least 50 offset:

Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 10.47.45 AM.png

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Here's a CTR winter setup using 18x9.5 +50s. Offset is good. Wider than I'd been looking at, but using all seasons instead of winter tires. So going wider/all season is an option to add some flexibility to the wheel and tire search.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I'll try asking my question in this thread: can anyone confirm the ITS socket size for the wheel lugs? Is it 22 mm?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Here's my winter tire conundrum...

I'm in Ohio. We can get snow, and do get snow sometimes... my A-Spec + Tech did just fine last year on the Continental All-Seasons for what snow driving I needed to do. I know I won't be able to safely to run these 19" summer tires all winter, so I'll need to put together a dedicated set of wheels and tires.

I was tempted to pick up a set of gently used OEM FK8 20" wheels for cheap, but from what I understand, 17"-18" wheels are better for snow driving... but is there any truth to that? It also seems 20" winter/all-season tires will be so expensive that my savings on wheels will be lost in tire cost.

I'd really like to get a set of white wheels (like TE37's), but would it be dumb to use those for my winter wheels with the OEM wheel/tire setup all summer? White wheels will require cleaning/maintenance in any season, but will winter be that much worse? If I did 19" winter or all-season tires, I could put them on the OEM wheels, run them all winter, then have the OEM summer tires put on the new white wheels of my choosing.

What would you do?

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
17" won't clear the front calipers on the ITS. You'll need at least 18".

For snow, the best is a narrower wheel and tire combo. I'm looking at something like 18x8 wheels with some 225 width tires. Don't know exactly which combo right now though.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Here's my winter tire conundrum...

I'm in Ohio. We can get snow, and do get snow sometimes... my A-Spec + Tech did just fine last year on the Continental All-Seasons for what snow driving I needed to do. I know I won't be able to safely to run these 19" summer tires all winter, so I'll need to put together a dedicated set of wheels and tires.

I was tempted to pick up a set of gently used OEM FK8 20" wheels for cheap, but from what I understand, 17"-18" wheels are better for snow driving... but is there any truth to that? It also seems 20" winter/all-season tires will be so expensive that my savings on wheels will be lost in tire cost.

I'd really like to get a set of white wheels (like TE37's), but would it be dumb to use those for my winter wheels with the OEM wheel/tire setup all summer? White wheels will require cleaning/maintenance in any season, but will winter be that much worse? If I did 19" winter or all-season tires, I could put them on the OEM wheels, run them all winter, then have the OEM summer tires put on the new white wheels of my choosing.

What would you do?
I'm in the same mindset.
Current summer tires side walls are at risk of damage from potholes.
If im buying a set of winter wheels do I spend a little more and get a lighter wheel for summer use?
Do I just get all seasons on current wheels and sell factory tires? Thinking DWS06 275/35/19

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I wanted the copper wheels but think I should rather get 18's & meatier all season tires - either Michelin or Conti's. Guys like Blizzak near me but I'd still prefer some performance - we will take the Durango if it's wet out.

OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
For Columbus, I have mostly decided on 18 inch wheels and all seasons for when the temps drop below ~40. Dedicated snow tires are nice in snow, but I think all seasons will give more usability for the majority of the winter, and I have a CRV to drive for when it actually snows. Plus there are many nicer days in the 50s and 60s during the winter, and it would be a shame to have snow tires on for those. The other advantage of all seasons is they're available in a lot more sizes.

I'm thinking 18x9.5 or 18x9 wheels depending on what I can find, and 245 r 40 tires, which is a tiny stretch on 9.5s but within the recommended window.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
So I called Fitment Industries (both to get a crash course on wheels/sizing/manufactures/quality/color/style, and winter vs all-seasons) and I was encouraged to go all-season at a 9.5" width with 18" or 19" diameter for Columbus. The rep did say plenty of people run the ITS summer tires all winter up in Wisconsin, but that it isn't encouraged.

For what it's worth, their recommended tire was the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 and they didn't recommend for/against white wheels in the snow, as any wheel in the snow is going to require extra cleaning.

OP
OP
Grelco

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
The only decision for me is 35 or 40 profile tires, and how wide to go with the tires. 265/35/18 is almost exactly the same diameter as the stock tires, FWIW. I would like to have a bit of extra sidewall, but it means going to 245s to keep the diameter similar.

4ourth

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
So I called Fitment Industries (both to get a crash course on wheels/sizing/manufactures/quality/color/style, and winter vs all-seasons) and I was encouraged to go all-season at a 9.5" width with 18" or 19" diameter for Columbus. The rep did say plenty of people run the ITS summer tires all winter up in Wisconsin, but that it isn't encouraged.

For what it's worth, their recommended tire was the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 and they didn't recommend for/against white wheels in the snow, as any wheel in the snow is going to require extra cleaning.
Fwiw, I just wasted $$ at Discount Tire trying to get the DWS06+ to work with the OEM Type S wheel. Couldn’t get them to balance, and gave the car steering column vibrations. Discount will be putting me back in the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s’s. I’m going to rock the summers until Michelin offers the 4SAS in our oem tire size. The rubber for the continentals are too inconsistent/out of round to recommend for me personally.