• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
It was the asc? I don't know why the fake engine sound was coming through after startup. Anyways, I unplugged it today and problem solved. The little box is behind the glove compartment. There's a couple youtube videos on disabling it on the Civic. So I took a chance and the grey box is in the same spot.
Do you notice any ‘noise cancelling’ affects after unplugging? I.e hearing more road noise and other ambient sounds.

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
Do you notice any ‘noise cancelling’ affects after unplugging? I.e hearing more road noise and other ambient sounds.
I didn't notice any difference. However, I haven't been on the highway yet.
If there is a difference, it's probably so minimal you wouldn't notice.

pasthope4718

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Aspec Elite MT
I also own the same Pioneer amp. I initially installed it in my 2023 Civic SI and later removed it when I transitioned to the Integra. The ELS system provides superior bass response and low-frequency performance, but it could still benefit from increased volume. I'm considering adding my subwoofer and setup to the Integra as well, given that the head unit likely allows more low-end frequencies to reach the sub compared to the limited performance of the small Bose "subwoofer" in the Civic.

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I also own the same Pioneer amp. I initially installed it in my 2023 Civic SI and later removed it when I transitioned to the Integra. The ELS system provides superior bass response and low-frequency performance, but it could still benefit from increased volume. I'm considering adding my subwoofer and setup to the Integra as well, given that the head unit likely allows more low-end frequencies to reach the sub compared to the limited performance of the small Bose "subwoofer" in the Civic.
It's a great little amp.
The ELS wasn't quite satisfying the bass I wanted. I pushed it too hard and quite sure I smelled burning voice coil. So rather then keep pushing the limits I figure I can let those speakers relax and let the aftermarket sub do the work.
I definitely get all the low frequency you'd expect even without a loc. I'm happy with it.

pasthope4718

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's a great little amp.
The ELS wasn't quite satisfying the bass I wanted. I pushed it too hard and quite sure I smelled burning voice coil. So rather then keep pushing the limits I figure I can let those speakers relax and let the aftermarket sub do the work.
I definitely get all the low frequency you'd expect even without a loc. I'm happy with it.
Nice. I'm thinking about tapping into the stock subwoofer leads to pass signal in parallel to my AudioControl LC2i Pro. That way the stock subwoofer should still work and I can still provide signal to my Pioneer amp and sub. Did you do similar or did you just use the stock subwoofer leads directly into your LOC?

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice. I'm thinking about tapping into the stock subwoofer leads to pass signal in parallel to my AudioControl LC2i Pro. That way the stock subwoofer should still work and I can still provide signal to my Pioneer amp and sub. Did you do similar or did you just use the stock subwoofer leads directly into your LOC?
I don't even have a loc. I unplugged the factory sub and took that wire, extended it to the amp. I used a speaker wire to rca converter to go into the amp.

pasthope4718

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't even have a loc. I unplugged the factory sub and took that wire, extended it to the amp. I used a speaker wire to rca converter to go into the amp.
Oh, I see. Didn't realize this amp can use speaker-level inputs. Looked at the specs; 16v allowable. What kind of subwoofer are you using? What load? I have a Massive Audio Torox 122 wired down to a 1-ohm load so the amp should output max power 800 wats RMS.

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh, I see. Didn't realize this amp can use speaker-level inputs. Looked at the specs; 16v allowable. What kind of subwoofer are you using? What load? I have a Massive Audio Torox 122 wired down to a 1-ohm load so the amp should output max power 800 wats RMS.
Ya it automatically detects if it's speaker level or not. I'm just using a 10" jl w0v3. Single voice coil 4ohm. so only 300watts from the amp. Figured I'd start with that and if I want more I can buy a 2nd one and run 2ohm and get 500rms out of it. But I'm happy with the output. I don't want the outside of the car to rattle toooo much.

23Integra

First Name
Mychal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX / 2023 integra
I Installed a mono amp and JL sub. So for wiring. I cut the wire going to the factory sub. I used a speaker wire to rca adapter (see pic). RCAs plugged into amp for signal. My amp accepts speaker level input so no need for a loc. Also no need for a remote wire. The amp gets the on/off signal from the rca input. The rest of the amp install was standard.

20230301_142334.jpg

20230315_190255.jpg
Are there any kits to relocate front plate on 23 Integra ?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice. I was just thinking about a similar setup using the spare tire space.
Ya lots usable space there. I wasn't concerned with adding a spare tire so I made the space serve a good purpose. Just made a box to spec for the sub. Spray foamed the floor, carved it to get the perfect height. Then, dropped in the box. I used more foam on the outside of the box against the floor to secure it in place.
Fun little project