• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sticky/Jerky Steering issue

lunchbox

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Manual
I noticed all the symptoms for a bit and got worried.

Worth trying... try utilizing the whole steering radius (fast and full lock left/right) during your drives. I had a couple days where I had to do the most K / U-turns in my life and steering feels smooth and responsive like when I bought it. It may be a coincidence, but it's been good for a couple weeks now.
Makes sense actually. I think I saw something in the NTSB report suggesting there wasn't enough grease put into the steering box. I wonder if doing this helps circulate whatever grease is in there. Will definitely give it a try.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Got the car back this morning and the steering feels great. Feel more confident at speed now, particularly in the twisties.
Unfortunately, my steering wheel has a 4-5 degree turn to the left thatā€™ll have to be addressed at my maintenance appt later in April. Funny enough, I drove with a 3 or so degree turn to the right from the factory up until my recent alignment post-rubber change where it was corrected and brought back to center.

JustBrowsing

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra A-spec 6MT
Add one more 2023 A-Spec 6MT to the problem.

Steering sticking started with highway driving only, but it has gotten more frequent and happens all the time now after the car warms up. It is just as others and the NTHSA describe.

We took it to the dealer who said they knew all about the issue. Two days later, they said Acura wouldn't authorize steering rack replacement, and they had no way to repair it until a TSB was issued. So, I get a car back with a known issue and no timeline for repair. This was our first Acura, and probably the last.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mercedes CLA35 AMG
Add one more 2023 A-Spec 6MT to the problem.

Steering sticking started with highway driving only, but it has gotten more frequent and happens all the time now after the car warms up. It is just as others and the NTHSA describe.

We took it to the dealer who said they knew all about the issue. Two days later, they said Acura wouldn't authorize steering rack replacement, and they had no way to repair it until a TSB was issued. So, I get a car back with a known issue and no timeline for repair. This was our first Acura, and probably the last.
Sorry to hear it:/ Are you in US or Canada? That was the exact response I got in western Canada, but the neighbouring Honda dealer replaces the racks.

ways to help deal i found;
- turn off road departure mitigation so i dont also fight that
- steering in sport mode on hwy, to reduce chance of overcorrecting
- use lane keep assist to make the car do the work.
- starting the day, do full left and full right parking maneuvers to re-lubricate entire range of steering angle.

JustBrowsing

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra A-spec 6MT
Sorry to hear it:/ Are you in US or Canada? That was the exact response I got in western Canada, but the neighbouring Honda dealer replaces the racks.

ways to help deal i found;
- turn off road departure mitigation so i dont also fight that
- steering in sport mode on hwy, to reduce chance of overcorrecting
- use lane keep assist to make the car do the work.
- starting the day, do full left and full right parking maneuvers to re-lubricate entire range of steering angle.
I'm in the Southeastern US. I'm very sorry to hear Acura is internationally messing up this one.

I've done the workarounds you mention, thank you. The issue continues to worsen.

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
I'm in the Southeastern US. I'm very sorry to hear Acura is internationally messing up this one.

I've done the workarounds you mention, thank you. The issue continues to worsen.
None of those workarounds worked for me. But thankfully I have a good dealer who replaced the rack. The car is excellent now.

lunchbox

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Manual
The full left/right turns every once in awhile actually have improved things massively for me. I don't notice the sticking anymore. If you have this issue, definitely give it a try first.

Bummer to hear it doesn't work for everyone, but glad Acura is getting racks replaced accordingly.

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
add my 2023 Aspec Tech 6M with 10,500 miles. The dealership claimed to reflash the EPS and gave me back the car. I took it to run errands this morning and noticed how bad it was sticking. They claimed they could not reproduce the issue. I returned my car to the service department with the printout of the the NHTSA investigation. Got a brand new RDX Aspec Advanced as a loaner.

JSome

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
My 2023 Integra CVT A-Spec Tech w/9,000 miles also has the steering issues and the steering rack (53620-3S5A34) is on back order until Sept 6, 2024. My Integra has been at the dealership since Feb!!!!!

I have opened a case with Acura Relations, but to no avail. They donā€™t answer their phones and have no further info or solutions.

What other options do we have as a customer? Shouldnā€™t this issue fall under a Lemon Law Presumption case?

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
Update on my Integra the steering rack has been ordered and is on national backorder as well for the 6speed. No ETA for the part. Unfortunately I cannot remain in the loaner until then. Iā€™ll leave my car parked for most of the time being until the steering rack is replaced.