• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So....who managed to order a Type S?

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Looking at your posts, are you in PNW? There is only one dealership in PNW that's MSRP only, so i'm assuming you are working with Carter? They are my dealership as well. I did secure an allocation through the reservation system. Don't know when it will come in though.

I'm surprised Carter allowed you to put a deposit on one. I contacted them on launch day but they wouldn't let me put down a deposit because they don't know how many allocation they have coming yet. They were the one that notified me about the reservation system though, which was helpful since I didn't keep up with the news on price announcement.
Yes, Carter Acura is my dealer. I was the first person to contact them regarding the Type S. However, I’m looking for Silver/Black, White/Black. So I will be waiting until they can get my color combination in.

Congrats on the launch reservation!

Mike

ronlp

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 CTR, 02 S2K, 98-92-89 Prelude, 90 CRX, +6 other
I managed to get in for a TEP. My wife and I both had multiple browsers refreshing over and over after the personal info errors would come up, and after about 25 minutes, I managed to get one to go through.
I currently have a '20 CTR that would probably be sold if this works out, but I'm not holding my breath. There has been initial contact with the dealer via text, but no details have been discussed yet, specifically regarding ADM. I was going to have the Civic wrapped (gold, haha) before all this came about, so I might be willing to offset that expense with a few thousand, but I'm not paying a huge markup just to be first on a car that may very well be readily available at msrp in the future.
I do have a mutual acquaintance with the GM there, so I may try to contact him directly and venture into that conversation, but worse case, I'll cancel and wait.

res.jpg

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I currently have a '20 CTR that would probably be sold if this works out, but I'm not holding my breath. There has been initial contact with the dealer via text, but no details have been discussed yet, specifically regarding ADM.

I do have a mutual acquaintance with the GM there, so I may try to contact him directly and venture into that conversation, but worse case, I'll cancel and wait.
This car is going to your selected dealership, and they know exactly what they intend to charge you for it--do yourself (and other potential buyers) a favor and ask them directly if they intend to charge over MSRP and/or add mandatory accessories. Then share in the Honest Dealerships thread. There's no need to tiptoe around the issue, it shouldn't be a secret or surprise.

It shouldn't take a mutual buddy to get the car at MSRP, plenty of dealerships will commit to it, but you may end up at the end of a line--beats paying a markup or getting accessories you don't want or need, in my opinion.

ronlp

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 CTR, 02 S2K, 98-92-89 Prelude, 90 CRX, +6 other
This car is going to your selected dealership, and they know exactly what they intend to charge you for it--do yourself (and other potential buyers) a favor and ask them directly if they intend to charge over MSRP and/or add mandatory accessories. Then share in the Honest Dealerships thread. There's no need to tiptoe around the issue, it shouldn't be a secret or surprise.

It shouldn't take a mutual buddy to get the car at MSRP, plenty of dealerships will commit to it, but you may end up at the end of a line--beats paying a markup or getting accessories you don't want or need, in my opinion.
Honestly, it just hasn't been a huge priority, because as you said, it is what it is. The contact I had from them was all automated, including several emails regarding "your interest in a 2023 Acura MDX", along with a quote for the same? Apparently their systems aren't really set up for factory pre-orders, haha. There was one other automated text from a salesperson, and my wife previously received one after doing the online inquiry, but none of that had to do with the specifics of this transaction.

Anyway, I did reach out to the GM via email yesterday regarding ADM and for general info on how this type of sale will work. I got his direct contact info from a friend that has done a bunch of business there, but no....beyond that, I'm not calling in any favors on this. Since I already own an FK8, I consider this a lateral move and if it's not meant to be than so be it.
That said, he responded immediately and assured me there would be no markups on the 4 pre-order allocations they've received, and although they don't have any information on timelines, they expect the transactions to be straightforward. There are no guarantees until the paperwork is signed, but for now, that's good enough for me.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
So, it sounds like that dealer will be marking up all other Type S allocations. Sad.

Mike

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
^^^^
So, it sounds like that dealer will be marking up all other Type S allocations. Sad.

Mike
Yeah I noted that when I added the dealer to the list

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I think my dealer is doing $5K over and 8% interest on the first batch of ITS cars. Since I have the 2023 Integra 6MT at MSRP and 3.9% I may wait until next year sadly. The world is made up of deals, I don’t need the upgrade immediately :)

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
First post on these boards and it's not a good one. I was unable to allocate a presale car after trying for hours on Thursday. I'm kind of disappointed in how ACURA chose to offer these presale units to the public the same way the SNKRS app does for Air Jordans. What's worse is that I am a (valued?) employee at an ACURA Dealership and they refuse to sell me one of their stock units that are coming in despite me showing interest and a commitment to buy it 90 days before it was released. Just shows the amount of greed out there among these sales departments.

ACURA Master Technician
Shop Foreman
20 years with the brand

Can't buy an Integra.
Honestly, I think those who missed the reservations will later be glad they did.
the fit and finish, details, paint correction etc.. on these initial cars might not reflect the best Acura can do, or did, getting these out per the deadlines they set.
You might be thankful later when the second and a third batch of cars flow from Ohio.
I am waiting for December/January when they get new allocations for the new year myself to avoid as much mark up and as many mistakes or issues as I can.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I think my dealer is doing $5K over and 8% interest on the first batch of ITS cars. Since I have the 2023 Integra 6MT at MSRP and 3.9% I may wait until next year sadly. The world is made up of deals, I don’t need the upgrade immediately :)
Yeah, I think your better off waiting, they are goign to continue this line for the 2024 calcend3er year and beyond so.. no need to be one of the first, matter of fact it is a good rule of thumb to NEVER buy the first release of ANY car, let them work out the bugs, tweak the car and work out issues they discover3ed after the release, by then you banking terms may lighten a little and maybe then you can find a better deal plus maybe trade your a spech in or sell it outright first.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Honestly, I think those who missed the reservations will later be glad they did.
the fit and finish, details, paint correction etc.. on these initial cars might not reflect the best Acura can do, or did, getting these out per the deadlines they set.
You might be thankful later when the second and a third batch of cars flow from Ohio.
I am waiting for December/January when they get new allocations for the new year myself to avoid as much mark up and as many mistakes or issues as I can.
With 1 year of production under their belt and this just having a few body panel changes it should be fine. My A Spec I picked up last June is fine with the only issue being the fuel neck cracking.. but with the type S I believe it doesn't get the stupid capless fill and has a standard cap.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Not sure if I consider this a first year car. Sure it’s a Type S , but the Integra is in the second year now, the parts they are adding already exist on the CTR. The panel gaps will most likely be hit or miss just like every car out there. The gaps shouldn’t be there , I get it , but it still doesn’t push me away from ordering

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I agree I that the power train is tested, but not every bolt or weld. Such as the bolt or weld that holds CTR seats in place without squeaking for example. That said I’d order right away if I could, but, I’m also interested in how they improve it over the next few years, or what little they do to make one year that much better than the last. Next year could have better deluxe racing seats for example.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Hello, first post for me!

Put a deposit on my ITS on Oct. 20th 2022, before car was announced. I'm of course the first on the list of my dealer here in Quebec. We are also super lucky to not have any mark ups.

I'm supposed to get my white ITS somewhere in June. Can't wait!

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
...but with the type S I believe it doesn't get the stupid capless fill and has a standard cap.
What leads you to believe that?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!