• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Safari Edition Build

joshbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 6MT
IMG_1192.jpeg

Not your typical build. 2023 6MT with 17” Sparco All-Terrain Terra rims and 225/55R17 Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires. It is definitely the largest diameter that’ll fit without having issues with rubbing, but there is space all around at full wheel lock from the suspension and fender wells and plenty of space at full articulation of the wheels. Lifted the car .65” so sitting with 5.75” of ground clearance. I was worried it wouldn’t work, but very happy it did. I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S on factory wheels, which are awesome and transformed the car, but they are no good for gravel and dirt roads, so got these just to swap out for that purpose when camping, hiking, etc. Also, deep snow, if ever need to drive in it. After going for a test drive I’m going to have a hard time switching them out. They make the car really smooth, soak up everything on the road, are extremely quiet (even more than the Michelins), and still handles great (I didn’t push them hard being brand new tires). The set up also shaved significant weight off, I didn’t weigh them, but from feel I’d say 8-10 lbs. lighter, all from the rims, as the tires are 5 lbs. heavier than the Michelins. The weight savings seems to overcome the aggressive tread and keeps or even enhances the performance. In person it looks pretty awesome, very aggressive. The additional height is noticeable, in a good way, at least to me. Only downside I can see is that the speedometer is going to be off, about .5 MPH every 10 MPH = 20 MPH = 21 MPH, 30 MPH = 31.5 MPH, 40 MPH = 42 MPH, etc.

edit: after doing some more driving and highway, the other downside is the gearing is taller, I found myself between 4-5th more than 5-6th. I don’t notice any difference going from a stop, other than maybe not accelerating quite as hard.

Last edited:

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
IMG_1192.jpeg

Not your typical build. 2023 6MT with 17” Sparco All-Terrain Terra rims and 225/55R17 Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires. It is definitely the largest diameter that’ll fit without having issues with rubbing, but there is space all around at full wheel lock from the suspension and fender wells and plenty of space at full articulation of the wheels. Lifted the car .65” so sitting with 5.75” of ground clearance. I was worried it wouldn’t work, but very happy it did. I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S on factory wheels, which are awesome and transformed the car, but they are no good for gravel and dirt roads, so got these just to swap out for that purpose when camping, hiking, etc. Also, deep snow, if ever need to drive in it. After going for a test drive I’m going to have a hard time switching them out. They make the car really smooth, soak up everything on the road, are extremely quiet (even more than the Michelins), and still handles great (I didn’t push them hard being brand new tires). The set up also shaved significant weight off, I didn’t weigh them, but from feel I’d say 8-10 lbs. lighter, all from the rims, as the tires are 5 lbs. heavier than the Michelins. The weight savings seems to overcome the aggressive tread and keeps or even enhances the performance. In person it looks pretty awesome, very aggressive. The additional height is noticeable, in a good way, at least to me. Only downside I can see is that the speedometer is going to be off, about .5 MPH every 10 MPH = 20 MPH = 21 MPH, 30 MPH = 31.5 MPH, 40 MPH = 42 MPH, etc.
I dig it! I’ve pondered the idea of doing something similar for my winter wheel setup. Looks sick. You going to do any Hella lighting, bars or hitches etc as well?

OP
OP
joshbe89

joshbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 6MT
I dig it! I’ve pondered the idea of doing something similar for my winter wheel setup. Looks sick. You going to do any Hella lighting, bars or hitches etc as well?
Nah, I do regularly use roof rack, but I take it off when not in use. I thought about a hitch, but hate taking off the rear bumper to install and needing to cut. Plus have that hanging down to hit on steep slopes. I regularly carry bike, kayak, and have a rooftop box too.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Nah, I do regularly use roof rack, but I take it off when not in use. I thought about a hitch, but hate taking off the rear bumper to install and needing to cut. Plus have that hanging down to hit on steep slopes. I regularly carry bike, kayak, and have a rooftop box too.
Noice! Thanks for sharing. When you get the bikes atop your teg be sure to post pics! I’ve yet to see any racked up Integras actually hauling anything

OP
OP
joshbe89

joshbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 6MT
IMG_1196.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

6" of ground clearance, 7.5" rocker, and 10" front overhang

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
IMG_1192.jpeg

edit: after doing some more driving and highway, the other downside is the gearing is taller, I found myself between 4-5th more than 5-6th. I don’t notice any difference going from a stop, other than maybe not accelerating quite as hard.
Looks like you're in PA, correct? If so, whoever you take your car to for state inspections may fail you due to the change in tire diameter. Depends on how closely they follow the PA inspection rules. If that is the case and you still have a set of wheels/tires that are close to, if not exactly, the OEM diameter, I would just swap those in for the inspection.