• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Recommended Set of Brake Pads?

Dakei

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT
I’m writing up a list of parts to buy when I eventually have to fix up my own car. I wanna stay with the stock calipers and rotors so I’m looking for some good aftermarket pads. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? It doesn’t seem like Akebono or Stoptech has any offerings for the Integra/Civic Si yet.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I’m writing up a list of parts to buy when I eventually have to fix up my own car. I wanna stay with the stock calipers and rotors so I’m looking for some good aftermarket pads. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? It doesn’t seem like Akebono or Stoptech has any offerings for the Integra/Civic Si yet.
I am interested as well! I’ve already clicked 16k miles myself so looking for a legit set of pads to swap to when the time comes. May as well upgrade while I’m at it rather than going with stock pads again

OP
OP

Dakei

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT
I am interested as well! I’ve already clicked 16k miles myself so looking for a legit set of pads to swap to when the time comes. May as well upgrade while I’m at it rather than going with stock pads again
Christ 16k miles already? I don’t drive nearly as much as you do lol (clocking in at 4k miles here after 10 months of ownership).

I don’t intend to keep everything OEM but I do hope to swap out some regular wear-and-tear items with aftermarket ones. Namely clutch, flywheel, shifter cable bushings, tires, and brake pads. I got a few mods in mind to do but I’m waiting on that. Hopefully the aftermarket has some decent offerings in the next 5 years.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Christ 16k miles already? I don’t drive nearly as much as you do lol (clocking in at 4k miles here after 10 months of ownership).

I don’t intend to keep everything OEM but I do hope to swap out some regular wear-and-tear items with aftermarket ones. Namely clutch, flywheel, shifter cable bushings, tires, and brake pads. I got a few mods in mind to do but I’m waiting on that. Hopefully the aftermarket has some decent offerings in the next 5 years.
100 miles a day, 3 times a week since last June 🫠 but all highway and gets great mpgs.
nice I am looking to do some suspension and wheel mods this summer myself. I will frequent back here if I find some brake-related items come to market. Hopefully the type-s opens the aftermarket floodgates

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm also over 15k miles. Feel some pulsing in the front when coming hot down an exit ramp. Just need them to last a few more months

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Damn, well it’s good to know I’m not the only one here who drives a ton! Though I’m coming in averaging 3000-6000 a month depending on the season for the last 3.5 years. Took some getting used to at first. 🥱

By the time the Type S arrives though, I should be full time remote - don’t worry however, I’ve planned to take AM/PM commutes still since I live on a plethora of miles of back roads. So coffee first, then off to a no traffic, shift happy spirited wake up call before a boring day of work. 😂

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
I found a set of rotors and pads I am considering. As my replacement setup. Anyone have any experience with Dynamic Friction Comaony? Found them through parts-geek’s site.
If not, anyone replace pads/pads and rotors yet? What did you go with? Thoughts?
These are the ones I was eyeballing:

https://www.partsgeek.com/t16sgc7-acura-integra-brake-pad-and-rotor-kit.html
I ran Dynamic friction track pads for performance driving and a set of their Euro 5000 for daily use on my Camaro last summer. The ceramic pads didn't have much bite, but also kept the wheels cleaner. The track pads were more suited to my AutoX/daily usage than the ceramics, had equivalent to factory bite, and held up alright on track with good fluid behind them; but after they were dailied for more than a week or two, the track pads put a bunch of deposits on the rotors and required a few hard laps on track to clean the surface of the rotor.

I went to factory pads for daily use and hawk DTC pads for track use this year; definitely much better for both cases.

The Integra definitely had far less capable brakes than my Camaro, and way less weight, it'll be interesting to see what type of pads works best for it, but for now my plan is to try another set of Honda pads before finding another manufacturer.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I’ve done the Brembo conversion but pad materials are all relatively the same no matter the pad size.

If you want bite definitely go down the semi-metallic brake pad route, but you’ll have brake dust and occasional brake squeal. They’re more aggressive to the rotor so you’ll notice more rotor wear, as well as they’re better for high temp situations.

Ceramics are good for every day use. Not as much initial bite, but have relatively little to no dust, and hardly any brake squeals. They last longer and are gentle on the rotor. Doesn’t absorb heat as well as semi-Metallics. The oem pads are ceramic.

I came from a 10th gen civic with the Brembo conversion also and had Hawk street brake pads on those with R1 Concept slotted rotors. Great pads, but squealed sometimes During slow rolling stops and a lot of brake dust. This time I went with Akebono ceramic pads. Bite isn’t there initially but the wheels are definitely kept cleaner.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ran Dynamic friction track pads for performance driving and a set of their Euro 5000 for daily use on my Camaro last summer. The ceramic pads didn't have much bite, but also kept the wheels cleaner. The track pads were more suited to my AutoX/daily usage than the ceramics, had equivalent to factory bite, and held up alright on track with good fluid behind them; but after they were dailied for more than a week or two, the track pads put a bunch of deposits on the rotors and required a few hard laps on track to clean the surface of the rotor.

I went to factory pads for daily use and hawk DTC pads for track use this year; definitely much better for both cases.

The Integra definitely had far less capable brakes than my Camaro, and way less weight, it'll be interesting to see what type of pads works best for it, but for now my plan is to try another set of Honda pads before finding another manufacturer.
I may go that same route until the rotors need replacing down the line and then do and all-in-one swap of all braking components, including some SS brake lines. Just wanted a pad with potentially a little more bite than OEM until whole rotor overhaul is needed; I’m at 20k and may have another 10-15k left on these pads

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I may go that same route until the rotors need replacing down the line and then do and all-in-one swap of all braking components, including some SS brake lines. Just wanted a pad with potentially a little more bite than OEM until whole rotor overhaul is needed; I’m at 20k and may have another 10-15k left on these pads
Paragon 🙌 my dream brake setup.

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I have to say that the stock brake pads on the Integra seem to have a pretty good bite, cold or not. I think honda brakes typically are not very good, but these seem pretty good for every day driving. I have searched for a good aftermarket pads, and have failed mostly. I liked StopTech Sport the kevlar or para-aramid compound pads but they kept warping my CRV rotors because of the increased friction. I tried Hawk HPS, and the cold initial bite was horrible. Once warmed they were good. I tried EBC green stuff on my '95 GSR and they were horrible for some reason. I think I tried Akebono on my CRV and didn't like it at all. After a while I just went back to stock Honda pads on all my Hondas. I wonder if the current Integra pads are made by Akebono. If anybody has a suggestion for a nice set of pads that would be an improvement over the stock Integra pad, that would be great.