• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reassure Me Buying an ITS

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Out of curiosity did anyone purchase the extended warranty through the dealer? Extends it from 4/50 to 8/100 for $2299.
not me. Depends on where you live but you can ordinarily get it from other dealerships for a lot cheaper.

You've got until your current factory warranty runs out to decide also.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
To me, a big appeal of the CTR is the boy racer aspect of it. The FK8 had that in spades and I loved that about it. The FL5 just seems so....boring compared to it. The DE5 even seems to be "more extra" than the FL5 CTR with the aero.

I still think the FL5 is a good looking car, but at similar price points for me here in Southern California, it was a no brainer.

I too plan on keeping this car for a very long time so I hope the turbo engine holds up.
Lol yes, to YOU. I was literally referring my girlfriend's opinion who is not into the boy racer look (I'm 37, she is 36). She wanted a more adult looking car and I liked the styling of both the ITS and the CTR, but the other options ultimately swayed my decision.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
*a 45k Civic owner (50k out the door).

The engine, transmission, front suspension geometry, front / rear suspension components, shifter, steering column, brakes, etc. are all vastly different than the non-Type-R Civics / Integras. The only thing this car shares w. non-Type-R Civics / Integras is the chassis and some interior pieces, and in the case of the latter, exterior pieces, as well.

Edit: I suppose a "23k Civic owner" might not realize that, but I think you might be surprised at the number of people who don't even realize Acura is just rebadged Honda to begin with, lol.

Personally, the fact that this car is "just a Civic" / doesn't come with badge-prestige is actually part of its allure. I don't want all the assumptions that come with driving a more esteemed "luxury marque".
Well, yes obviously, and it's laughable to anyone who knows the engineering that went into the Type R/Type S, but to the average non-car person who knows nothing about cars, their interiors share the same look and feel. You're not buying this car for its luxury features, but the touch points are largely the same. It's not surpring to think some people might think it's a deal breaker at an eye watering 52k MSRP.

It's the same with most vehicles up-badged from their economy counterpart, there will ultimately be comparisons made.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
To me, a big appeal of the CTR is the boy racer aspect of it. The FK8 had that in spades and I loved that about it. The FL5 just seems so....boring compared to it. The DE5 even seems to be "more extra" than the FL5 CTR with the aero.

I still think the FL5 is a good looking car, but at similar price points for me here in Southern California, it was a no brainer.
I was among the many who felt "let down" by the FK8. It was one of those cars I could appreciate, but there's no way in hell I'd ever consider buying one. When I first laid eyes on the FL5, I knew this could be the one. I literally took one look and my brain began the process of realizing "I don't need this Porsche anymore". This was a real thing that actually happened.

Then the DE5 came and made me forget about the FL5. But the FK8 is "polarizing" to say the least. It is truly a love it or hate it situation with that car's aesthetics.

Well, yes obviously, and it's laughable to anyone who knows the engineering that went into the Type R/Type S, but to the average non-car person who knows nothing about cars, their interiors share the same look and feel. You're not buying this car for its luxury features, but the touch points are largely the same. It's not surpring to think some people might think it's a deal breaker at an eye watering 52k MSRP.

It's the same with most vehicles up-badged from their economy counterpart, there will ultimately be comparisons made.
The "normies" don't really apply to these conversations though.

Personally I throw up in my mouth a little every time I'm forced to drive a basic ass rental car. I can't stand driving normal cars. Other people are more than happy to climb back in their Subaru Forester day in and day out.

I don't care what they think.

Last edited:

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
I was among the many who felt "let down" by the FK8. It was one of those cars I could appreciate, but there's no way in hell I'd ever consider buying one. When I first laid eyes on the FL5, I knew this could be the one. I literally took one look and my brain began the process of realizing "I don't need this Porsche anymore". This was a real thing that actually happened.

Then the DE5 came and made me forget about the FL5. But the FK8 is "polarizing" to say the least. It is truly a love it or hate it situation with that car's aesthetics.

The "normies" don't really apply to these conversations though.

Personally I throw up in my mouth a little every time I'm forced to drive a basic ass rental car. I can't stand driving normal cars. Other people are more than happy to climb back in their Subaru Forester day in and day out.

I don't care what they think.
I get that. I know this vehicle brings in a lot of different people who have experienced supercars and then others who have only driven "normie" cars like myself though.

Yhippa

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6
I'm actually cross-shopping between the ITS and:
  • Subaru WRX Limited
  • Volkswagen Golf R
  • Audi S5 Sportback
You can probably tell but I'm looking for something with a hatchback/liftback that's fun to drive. Need to keep two young kids in the back. In car seats. I don't think I will have buyer's remorse, but probably "grass is greener" feelings.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
  • Subaru WRX Limited
  • Volkswagen Golf R
  • Audi S5 Sportback
You can probably tell but I'm looking for something with a hatchback/liftback that's fun to drive. Need to keep two young kids in the back. In car seats. I don't think I will have buyer's remorse, but probably "grass is greener" feelings.
That's a tough call. I would be between the Audi, Golf, and Type S, no Subaru.

Golf and Type S are the most practical and will be the best to drive, plus offer better back seat space for the kiddos. Audi will have the best interior, but just a little less engaging/boring to drive.

All are good looking in their own way. Golf and Type S are a dying breed though. Get them while you can!

OP
OP
CK716

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
  • Subaru WRX Limited
  • Volkswagen Golf R
  • Audi S5 Sportback
IMO the WRX is a level down compared to the rest and just too harsh for me now. The Golf R I was interested in as a GTI owner, but the steering wheel and climate controls just plain suck. I don’t care how much current owners try and say you adjust to them, I want tactile controls. The Audi is think is the best competitor, but no manual and being a bit bulkier than the ITS make it easier to decide which one between the two you’d want. Also depending on how long you plan to keep, the Honda/Acura reliability vs VW/Audi is a legitimate concern.

Yhippa

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6
IMO the WRX is a level down compared to the rest and just too harsh for me now. The Golf R I was interested in as a GTI owner, but the steering wheel and climate controls just plain suck. I don’t care how much current owners try and say you adjust to them, I want tactile controls. The Audi is think is the best competitor, but no manual and being a bit bulkier than the ITS make it easier to decide which one between the two you’d want. Also depending on how long you plan to keep, the Honda/Acura reliability vs VW/Audi is a legitimate concern.
I'm okay with not getting a manual as long as the automatic equivalent is good like I've heard for the DSGs on the Golf R. I think someone mentioned around here having a manual for a long time, then going to an automatic, and now wanting to be in a manual. I'm in that exact same situation! And the Integra Type-S has hands down, the best shifter I've driven.

Did you decide on what you're doing? The Type-S would be the clear answer for me if not for the lack of rear USB-C ports and A/C vents. Unbelievable that they didn't include that.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'm okay with not getting a manual as long as the automatic equivalent is good like I've heard for the DSGs on the Golf R. I think someone mentioned around here having a manual for a long time, then going to an automatic, and now wanting to be in a manual. I'm in that exact same situation! And the Integra Type-S has hands down, the best shifter I've driven.

Did you decide on what you're doing? The Type-S would be the clear answer for me if not for the lack of rear USB-C ports and A/C vents. Unbelievable that they didn't include that.
Might have been me you're referencing, even if not I definitely did this. I've had them all man. Let's just start from 2015:

- manual STI
- DCT M4
- manual 981 Boxster GTS
- DSG S3
- manual 991.2 911 Carrera S
- ZF auto S4
- ZF auto RS5
- PDK 718 GTS 2.5
- PDK 718 GTS 4.0
- manual ITS

Some of these overlapped. My favorite situation was the S4/911, but that was EXPENSIVE, obviously. The 981/S3 was nearly as perfect, and I want to get back to something like that someday... but reversed. I like that my "daily" is manual, I've come to terms with it now. My next "toy" car will probably have a PDK, unless I end up with a 997 or 981 GT4/Spyder, either of which is a possibility.

In any case, I actually really like the WRX. I've seen a few on the road now, seen a couple reviews and think if I really didn't want to spend north of $50k I'd pick a WRX. Bang for the buck it's a great option.

The DSG is a really really good transmission, as is the ZF 8 speed. But TOTALLY different outcomes compared to a manual, obviously. I've just come to the permanent realization that I will never be without a manual again in a car that I own. Both the S4 and even the RS5 I had were amazing cars to drive, but were not... inspiring to drive on backroads like all my other sports cars. The S3 was better to drive "spiritedly", if that makes sense. But again, both the S4 and RS5 are fantastic dailies for those who have no plans to do anything track-related and don't prioritize backroads/canyon jaunts. The steering for those cars really does dull any sense of engagement in those situations, even though the chassis capabilities are pretty high, functionally. Just not fun to drive if you're expecting to know what's going on in the front of the car.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I’m in the same boat - drove a manual my entire life until my most recent truck and missed it. The window to get a manual transmission on a new car is closing a little bit more each year too.

The USB in the rear wasn’t a dealbreaker for me (I believe you can swap in the A-spec console if it is for you).

The cabin is so small too that rear AC is nice but unnecessary. I’m from SoCal though-maybe someone from Arizona would disagree with that!

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
  • Subaru WRX Limited
  • Volkswagen Golf R
  • Audi S5 Sportback
If you're so inclined, in my opinion, of the cars listed the ITS would be the easiest to wrench on and perform maintenance on at home in your own garage. Not to mention lower maintenance cost.