• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Now that the price has been announced, how do you feel about it?

• Entirely too high. I'm out.

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • Higher than expected, but I can work with it.

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • About where I was expecting (within $1k of your best guess). Told you so.

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • No ADM? What a steal! I'll take two, please!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I'm a 911 pcar rennlister - I shouldn't have come here lol ;)

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Lots of discussion about this .. figured a poll was in order to crunch the data.

Personally, I was hoping the ITS would be just a shade over CTR price .. say $47-48k but my brain knew that would never, ever, evvvverrrrr......be the case. i've been re-calibrated over the past couple of years and I'm not surprised at all that we're a shade over $50k -- I think it's still a good value for the unique set of things it offers and i plan on trading my Si for one.

if you're bailing, you can simply put which car(s) you're planning to choose instead. feel free to go back to the other threads for debates, i do not intend to hijack.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Love my RSX-S but this MSRP is madness. All the comments on reddit, youtube, facebook, etc seem to be in agreement.

It's $100 cheaper than a M240i xDrive. I'll be getting a heavily optioned CPO one in Thundernight in a year or so.

Acura is smoking the good stuff and trying to live off the hype of a dying demand for a manual in an AWD modern auto world.

I had to recalibrate just to think $4K over the CTR at $48K was remotely sane. The cloud of insanity has lifted though. A badge and nicer stereo aren't worth $7K.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
The ITS was supposed to be my commuter with enough space for the kids/stuff. I could afford 52k, but I don't think I can swallow that price given all the features it lacks. No cooled seats and no memory seat is crazy to me. $25k Hyundais have that. No vents in the back is also pretty ridiculous.

I'll probably just give up on the stick and buy an X3 M40 or CT5-V (if I can find one that wasn't gimped in the chip shortage and has super cruise). Or maybe I'll just part from my sanity and buy a used CT6 Platinum with the 4.2 Blackwing engine or a used Giulia QV and pray nothing goes wrong with them.

jcoll1056

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Accord 2.0 Touring
Like several here, I can afford the $52k but I don't think it is worth it (the CTR is over priced but people are paying over sticker). The fact that our neighbors in Canada can get basically the same car for less, tells me it is just a money grab from Acura since there are people willing to pay so much for the CTR. The market dictates the price and Acura/Honda know there will be people who are willing to pay that.

If I can find a Canadian one and import it, I would still be cheaper than buying it here in the USA(The key word is FIND ONE). Either Acura's marketing got this extremely wrong and they won't sell to forecast or they only forecasted very few cars for the MSRP in the USA.

We will see the sales numbers in the coming months!!!!

VT Skier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RLX
I'm out. They're saving money compared to the CTR by building in the US and avoiding shipping and import duties, then they add two heated seats, one power seat and a nicer stereo and want to charge $7K over the CTR? Crazy.

I assume they'll sit around, so I may buy one months down the road, after the inevitable mark down, but the M240ix is a much better value at that price point. Yes, I'd rather have a stick but at $52K for what's offered.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I'm out. They're saving money compared to the CTR by building in the US and avoiding shipping and import duties, then they add two heated seats, one power seat and a nicer stereo and want to charge $7K over the CTR? Crazy.

I assume they'll sit around, so I may buy one months down the road, after the inevitable mark down, but the M240ix is a much better value at that price point. Yes, I'd rather have a stick but at $52K for what's offered.
We all have our algorithm for whatā€™s best for ourselves and our lives ā€¦ thatā€™s why there are sooooo many options! M240ix would be a fun car for sure! Iā€™ve been tempted by m235i and M2 in the past but never quite offered what I was looking for. I still think theyā€™re great!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Iā€™m still gunning for it, but we will see how all the numbers work out on trade next month. I will either obtain or look for a CTR again with low ADM. I still want the ITS more though.

On the original value thread, I originally thought maybe it was going to be about resale & long term value since we can see what both Honda & Acura 90ā€™s/00ā€™s models are going for nowadays. Boy was I wrong! šŸ¤£

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
I'm a bit disappointed with the msrp. Clearly a cash grab from Acura which, I guess I can't blame them from a business standpoint. The math doesn't quite add up for what they're charging for what's been lost/gained from the type R but some people will for sure pay it and at the end of the day I'd prefer that markup money go to the mfg rather than the dealerships. The sucky thing is Acura did little of the hard work to bring the car to market, I'd rather that mark up money go to Honda for keeping the platform going.

At the end of the day I can easily afford the 52k but that doesn't mean there's no value proposition involved in my decisions. I'd rather hang around for a year or two and try to grab a core GR around 40 or a type R around 45. My current car is paid off and I'm having a blast in it so no real need to trade in, it's just my car ADD acting up. That and my current car is more rare than any of the aforementioned, it fits everything I want in a car besides wagon (yeah I'm one of those people). I loved my type R and I will likely end up in one again at some point but I'm in no rush

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm on the fence and it depends what I can work out with the dealer on the trade and maybe accessories. Still seems like a premium price for reduced feature from my Aspec. Maybe I switch things out on the lot before I trade it in.lol

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
This is from my dealer. If you get it at MSRP, its roughly ~55k

Honestly I expected 48k MSRP so this got me heated all day yesterday. I still will most likely get the car because I think this will still be the time to maximize the value of my trade in as well as get one at MSRP vs CTRs etc.

1683298906099.png

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I'm on the fence and it depends what I can work out with the dealer on the trade and maybe accessories. Still seems like a premium price for reduced feature from my Aspec. Maybe I switch things out on the lot before I trade it in.lol
Trade what out?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
Iā€™m still gunning for it, but we will see how all the numbers work out on trade next month. I will either obtain or look for a CTR again with low ADM. I still want the ITS more though.

On the original value thread, I originally thought maybe it was going to be about resale & long term value since we can see what both Honda & Acura 90ā€™s/00ā€™s models are going for nowadays. Boy was I wrong! šŸ¤£
I don't think the resale on these is going to be great. People have been saying that every single enthusiast car that's come out in the last 3 years is a future classic because its "the last of its kind." But, most of these have depreciated just as hard as the rest of the market. I think modern cars in general will age very poorly because the tech (and resulting interior design) looks outdated so fast. I also think any car with a digital dash and that uses the infotainment screen to control any vehicle functions will depreciate like a rock because those parts are not going to be available in 10 years and a screen going out will make the car undrivable.

The real classics that are going to hold value are already a decade or more old. People are going to go nuts over old lightweight cars when everything else on the road is a 3 ton EV.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I don't think the resale on these is going to be great. People have been saying that every single enthusiast car that's come out in the last 3 years is a future classic because its "the last of its kind." But, most of these have depreciated just as hard as the rest of the market. I think modern cars in general will age very poorly because the tech (and resulting interior design) looks outdated so fast. I also think any car with a digital dash and that uses the infotainment screen to control any vehicle functions will depreciate like a rock because those parts are not going to be available in 10 years and a screen going out will make the car undrivable.

The real classics that are going to hold value are already a decade or more old. People are going to go nuts over old lightweight cars when everything else on the road is a 3 ton EV.
Iā€™m planning on having for a long time, but I also think the EV market & government will end up dictating future gas vehicle values. šŸ˜­