• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

L___I

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M440 GC
video is now set to private. Honestly, I’ll be surprised if he didn’t get in trouble. Acura has worked hard to keep thingsunder embargo so to have their own employee break that… well 😬
Not Acura’s employee, but the dealer’s. Must
See, this is why I need the gauntlet of "professional" reviews to drop on the 19th. The hyperbole just negates whatever "impressions" you're trying to give.

"Almost non-existent"? I've sat in the seats. I didn't have an issue with the bolstering. Is it really that much more apparent when going on a "gas run"?

I feel like this is just the beginning of these "user reviews".

It's irritating- but partially because if you're right, I won't be buying this car. Seats are important.
Was thinking about how difficult it would be to swap Type R seats but then realized that shouldn't even be necessary at this price point.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Was thinking about how difficult it would be to swap Type R seats but then realized that shouldn't even be necessary at this price point.
No it shouldn't.

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
Not Acura’s employee, but the dealer’s.
Employed by an Acura Franchised dealership* so my statement still holds true.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
If you want track seats buy the track version car. If you want GT seats buy the ITS.
I doubt the CTR seats would be comfortable for me.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Numerous companies make optional track seats (BMW, Porsche buckets), so I wish Acura did that with this car. The CTR seats are pretty aggressive but sooo much more kind than the buckets from BMW and Porsche. I would option the CTR seats in a heartbeat at around $2k??

i can’t wait to geta chance to drive this thing. I sold my Si so I won’t have much of a direct comparison but it’ll definitely help me decide if I keep pursuing one or not.

I hope everyone enjoys the videos and test drives!

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Numerous companies make optional track seats (BMW, Porsche buckets), so I wish Acura did that with this car. The CTR seats are pretty aggressive but sooo much more kind than the buckets from BMW and Porsche. I would option the CTR seats in a heartbeat at around $2k??

i can’t wait to geta chance to drive this thing. I sold my Si so I won’t have much of a direct comparison but it’ll definitely help me decide if I keep pursuing one or not.

I hope everyone enjoys the videos and test drives!
One other thing to consider, significant others... My Wife thankfully doesn't care if her seat is power, but I also highly doubt she would be willing to sit in the CTR seats for more than a few mile drive... Check the CTR forums and you will find quite a few folks trying to trade it out for Si seats. Granted this will be my track toy and daily driver, if it was just a toy, buckets 125%. And yes, some of that is me trying to convince myself, those buckets are so nice...

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
Just got back from my local dealer and was able to ride passenger for a gas run as the car was just taken off of the transport truck. Some thoughts.. and as a precursor, some of this will be comparing my time in the regular integra and my own mk8 gti.

For starters, it looks great in person. Way more sportier than the regular Integra.. but we already knew this.

seats are shallow.. I’m tall and there is a massive gap between the back of my knee and the edge of the seat. TLX seats feel more substantial. Passenger seat has no vertical control.. only manual tilt and slide (forward and back) passenger felt really high up. Fortunately the driver seat does have all the good adjustments.

shifter feels really really good. My mk8 shifter isn’t great so I love that this one seems significantly better. I only messed around with it while the sales rep was pumping gas.

interior is almost identical to regular integra. Red inside is great and the perforated inserts in the seats are suede and felt good. Seats lack bolstering and should accommodate a larger body type but will be limiting with extreme cornering.

sales rep immediately started ripping gears with only 6 miles on the car. And then proceeded to tell me they can sell the demo after 90days.. good luck to whoever buys it. Car felt fast. Definitely has rev hang as banging gears seemed to upset the transmission. Fairly firm ride in sport mode.. nothing too extreme. Stayed flat in corners. Exhaust in sport mode sounded great.Very mature tone.

Didn’t sense much wheel hop or issues with traction. Although traction control was never disabled.

obviously will have a better sense when I driveit myself.

after sitting in it and feeling the power compared to my gti, I’m not sure how I feel about the price tag. For 15 or 16k more,it didn’t really seem to be much quicker (it is but not a lot more).. and it’s stripped down as everyone knows.

also man the wheels do sink into the wells quite a bit. Gonna need some spacers.
are you in Austin?? im am here right now visiting family, and just wanna see the car what dealer was this at, I have mine on order in Ohio.

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
One other thing to consider, significant others... My Wife thankfully doesn't care if her seat is power, but I also highly doubt she would be willing to sit in the CTR seats for more than a few mile drive... Check the CTR forums and you will find quite a few folks trying to trade it out for Si seats. Granted this will be my track toy and daily driver, if it was just a toy, buckets 125%. And yes, some of that is me trying to convince myself, those buckets are so nice...
Agreed. Depends on your use. My GT350 has the +$$ optional leather-trimmed sport seats (heated and cooled) and they have more than enough bolstering and with alcantara on most of the seating surface there is zero sliding. Super comfortable for the kid and wife. If I tracked the car regularly I'd just invest in whatever I needed and if that meant a seat swap, so be it.

To be honest, back in the day I tracked a supercharged S2000 at Sebring, Homestead, and a few other tracks around FL. As basic/simple as those seats were, they certainly weren't the weak link in my lap times!! :)

moneypal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S White
If you want track seats buy the track version car. If you want GT seats buy the ITS.
I doubt the CTR seats would be comfortable for me.
I sat in the CTR seats both passenger and as a driver, and I was passenger while the driver was on back roads pushing 8/10. The bolstering is amazing I will admit. For track driving and backroads you want the CTR seats. But at 6'1 foot and almost 200 pounds the seats feel quite constricting in the shoulder area, and I'm not a wide guy. For my use of 90% daily driving the ITS seats will prolly be fine.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
FL5 seats are definitely incredible but there are a few occasions where I can see wanting more comfortable seats - namely on a 1+ hour drive. I'm probably on the edge of feeling comfortable at a 34/36 waist. If you're wider you will probably prefer the ITS seats.

I've been eying various parts on the Integra that will fit my Civic to make it my own. The seats are something I'm interested in if they can be bought as a single color and the headrest can be swapped with a non-Type S one.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
lots of good points about the seats … further solidifies that it would be nice for Honda/Acura to offer the more aggressive seats as an option. Oh well … as long as they aren’t significantly worse than what I had in my Si I’m sure I’ll be happy enough with them for that not to be the main factor.

since no one asked … my favorite sporty street/casual-track seats were:

BMW M3 (F80) non-bucket seats, and

Camaro SS1LE Recaros (similar to the GT350 i believe)

I still slid around some and had to brace myself with my knees Quite a bit but they were WAY WAY more comfortable than these crazy bucket seats on my current M3CS and GT4 for street driving. Tolerable, but barely.

eculley

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I walk.
See, this is why I need the gauntlet of "professional" reviews to drop on the 19th. The hyperbole just negates whatever "impressions" you're trying to give.

"Almost non-existent"? I've sat in the seats. I didn't have an issue with the bolstering. Is it really that much more apparent when going on a "gas run"?

I feel like this is just the beginning of these "user reviews".

It's irritating- but partially because if you're right, I won't be buying this car. Seats are important.
What constitutes a “professional” review? A tripod and a YouTube channel? It’s all subjective my dude and my body is completely different than yours, and those professional reviews all have different body types. What I find lacking in bolstering might feel great to you.
I’m still buying my Type S but I standby the fact that I feel the seats are a weak point from a performance perspective. The Civic Type R seats are incredible so it’s frustrating the Type S went another direction.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
What constitutes a “professional” review? A tripod and a YouTube channel? It’s all subjective my dude and my body is completely different than yours, and those professional reviews all have different body types. What I find lacking in bolstering might feel great to you.
I’m still buying my Type S but I standby the fact that I feel the seats are a weak point from a performance perspective. The Civic Type R seats are incredible so it’s frustrating the Type S went another direction.
I'm sure you could swap the ctr seats in

Screenshot_20230616-093716.png

MrOhnoez

First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jetta GLI
Yeah, I want a set of CTR seats, but only finding blown out airbag FK8 ones on ebay.

eculley

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I walk.
lots of good points about the seats … further solidifies that it would be nice for Honda/Acura to offer the more aggressive seats as an option. Oh well … as long as they aren’t significantly worse than what I had in my Si I’m sure I’ll be happy enough with them for that not to be the main factor.

since no one asked … my favorite sporty street/casual-track seats were:

BMW M3 (F80) non-bucket seats, and

Camaro SS1LE Recaros (similar to the GT350 i believe)

I still slid around some and had to brace myself with my knees Quite a bit but they were WAY WAY more comfortable than these crazy bucket seats on my current M3CS and GT4 for street driving. Tolerable, but barely.
The 1LE seats are so good 😩