• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PDI on Tiger Eye - SUPAFLY

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
S'cuse my thread title, I was feeling saucy. Might be the egg nog....but I wanted to share this photo I took earlier today at work...

IMG_2395.jpg

This is our 2nd Tiger Eye Pearl ITS we've gotten and I laughed at the first line on the repair order...these are the only cars we get where clients are adamant about not having us drill into the front bumper for the tag bracket(a state requirement here in Virginia).

I've edited out the VIN for respect towards the new owner who could potentially become a new member here but yeah, thought this was definitely an Integra Type-S thing to share. Merry Christmas to you all that celebrate it and happy holidays to everyone. Have fun, enjoy spending time with your families and be safe out there!

-G

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
I had the same request to Pokanka Acura in VA...before we pick up the wifes Type S MDX...Out of state purchase for us though...If I was in a 2 plate state...Id have two plates...I dont want any extra reasons for the locals to pull me over...jmho

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah. No bracket and toss that plastic in the trash. Never installed a front plate on any of my vehicles.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Not an odd request at all, IMO. Front plates are required where I am, but enthusiast vehicles of all different price points donā€™t have drilled bumpers here. Some owners leave the front plate off completely, some find alternate methods of mounting the plate.

Cops usually leave you alone unless they have another reason to pull you over for. Weā€™re not allowed front tint at all here, but Iā€™ll risk my luck with a conservative 70% front, 35% rear.

mattm

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura ITS, BMW 1M Coupe
The first owner did not mount the CT plate. I asked that it not be done, too, which they honored. On another car, I had a sticker printed that was made from a jpg of the regular plate. Further away than 20' you can't tell the plate is a sticker. There was not enough room on the ITS bumper cover to do that, too. I do leave the extra plate in the trunk should a LEO want to make an issue of it.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
I haven't had a front plate for over 12 years in NJ (2 plate state). No tickets and haven't been pulled over for it, let alone mentioned during a stop.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
They are likely either going to rock without a front plate or purchase a relocation kit and have it installed via a tow hook point or in the lower facia somewhere like older gen Hondas and acuras have had them

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I haven't had a front plate for over 12 years in NJ (2 plate state). No tickets and haven't been pulled over for it, let alone mentioned during a stop.
Just depends on situation. I went 6 years with no issue until I was making a plenty of noise near a university at 3am in OH (while front plate was still a thing) until I was pulled over and warned that windshield doesn't count after the obligatory questions of being under the influence.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
Just depends on situation. I went 6 years with no issue until I was making a plenty of noise near a university at 3am in OH (while front plate was still a thing) until I was pulled over and warned that windshield doesn't count after the obligatory questions of being under the influence.
Did you have it in your windshield? or not at all? In my experience (long time ago), having it in the window solicited more attention than not having it at all.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Did you have it in your windshield? or not at all? In my experience (long time ago), having it in the window solicited more attention than not having it at all.
Yep, windshield. Thinking back then was "at least it's there so they can't say I'm breaking the law."

Anyway, that stop just felt like she needed something to scold me for since I hadn't been drinking and didn't want to accuse me of all the racket I was making since she had literally 0 proof of me being the one that was just blasting 8000rpm of straight piped 13B at 3am (I swear I've grown up since then) despite all the circumstantial evidence.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
Yep, windshield. Thinking back then was "at least it's there so they can't say I'm breaking the law."

Anyway, that stop just felt like she needed something to scold me for since I hadn't been drinking and didn't want to accuse me of all the racket I was making since she had literally 0 proof of me being the one that was just blasting 8000rpm of straight piped 13B at 3am (I swear I've grown up since then) despite all the circumstantial evidence.
Lol. Yeah just don't put it up there you'll have much better results IME.