• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Paint, fit and finish.....an issue?

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
It’s the performance red. I don’t plan on doing PPF or ceramic coating on the car. Never have in the past, including my 350R or v60 polestar. But I want to make sure the paint is not complete trash from the get go, especially at over 50k. Spoke with the owner of the body shop, which is Porsche certified, and he wants to get it sorted out. Just hoping Acura foots the bill.
Just heard back from the body shop. Acura is taking care of the paint issues. Will be about a week’s worth of work in October. Slight inconvenience, but nice to see Acura stand behind their product and take care of it.

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024Tiger Eye Integra Type-S, 2003 S2000, '99 SVTL
My 3 day old Tiger Eye, I just spent 4 hours detailing and ceramic coating it. It has a slight mismatch at the RF top of the bumper cover to fender. If I remember from years ago, Honda still paints bumper covers and other plastic parts on a different line.

I also had a small scratch on the hood, (removed easily)and one on the roof I have to work on that seems harder to remove. There was a lot of glue left over on the body from the protection stuff they put on. And strangely, what seemed like over spray, on the diffuser, right taillight and the hatch spoiler. Nothing on the painted parts. Got all that off as well.

What was nice, my salesman did not have the plate holder put on the front, and didn't let the dealer's cleaners "wheel" the car for delivery.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Interestingly enough, I actually did fail to get ahead of letting the dealer's detailing team get to my car. It was fully detailed when it was delivered.

3da9bb6b7fb72228f6c477fc3aaaab62_w200.gif

And it was fine. The paint was very clean, no scratches or blemishes, and the shampoo they used on the interior smelled great and I can still smell it when I get in the car.

I looked over it as carefully as I need to to fulfill my OCD. To be more specific, I didn't take a pen light to it. But I did look over it carefully before I applied my own choice of coating on it, and it looks fantastic.

I'm sure some dealers are worse than others, but this whole idea that it's a criminal act to let the dealer touch the car is overblown.

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
Skimmed this thread…very quickly so apologies if I missed it. Has anyone mentioned the rear fender flare not laying flat? My driver side is off compared to passenger. Didn’t notice until I got home grrrr
IMG_8843.jpeg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Never seen that before, but it looks like it could be corrected if it bothers you enough to be without the car for a few days.

I had the glue on a piece of molding come loose on a 2016 S3, looked like absolute crap but the dealer told me it could take as long as a week to repair (after the parts came in). I gave up and ignored it, figuring I'm literally the only person in the universe who will notice or care... I know things like this can bother the crap out of some people but fortunately I can look past it more often than not.

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
Never seen that before, but it looks like it could be corrected if it bothers you enough to be without the car for a few days.

I had the glue on a piece of molding come loose on a 2016 S3, looked like absolute crap but the dealer told me it could take as long as a week to repair (after the parts came in). I gave up and ignored it, figuring I'm literally the only person in the universe who will notice or care... I know things like this can bother the crap out of some people but fortunately I can look past it more often than not.
well this morning before i got in the car i gave it a generous push and it popped into place. must have been a little snap fit that never got fully seated.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
well this morning before i got in the car i gave it a generous push and it popped into place. must have been a little snap fit that never got fully seated.
FYI, that trim piece has snaps AND adhesive strip around the perimeter.

I researched the hell out of those pieces because my PPF installer had some issues with paint adhesion for those pieces that may necessitate replacement.

Anyway if you need more info I can post it later just let me know.