• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Paint, fit and finish.....an issue?

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
When I took delivery of the car, there was a paint chip on the drivers door. Dealer had the 2 drivers side doors repainted. Found this when I got it back, so hoping the dealer/body shop take care of it. Car barely has 400 miles and seeing more body work than any other car I’ve owned.

OP
OP

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
When I took delivery of the car, there was a paint chip on the drivers door. Dealer had the 2 drivers side doors repainted. Found this when I got it back, so hoping the dealer/body shop take care of it. Car barely has 400 miles and seeing more body work than any other car I’ve owned.
Do you know yet whether they repainted both entire doors? Since the rear door has the valance (mounted at factory) you should determine whether they removed and replace the valance or masked it off and did not repaint valance. I assume they didn't remove so you should carefully inspect all of the edges and area around it bc it is very difficult to paint and polish into tight joints (blends) of different body parts especially plastic and metal parts.

One of the more difficult areas to repaint can be around the door handles ( pockets) unless they removed the handles before repainting. Most dealers don't do this, so inspect to make sure you are satisfied with the quality of job.

By the way what color paint?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I am afraid to look closely but so far haven't noticed anything too serious. When I put the illuminated sills in I did see some weld spatter that wasn't cleaned prior to paint.

Last edited:

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Do you know yet whether they repainted both entire doors? Since the rear door has the valance (mounted at factory) you should determine whether they removed and replace the valance or masked it off and did not repaint valance. I assume they didn't remove so you should carefully inspect all of the edges and area around it bc it is very difficult to paint and polish into tight joints (blends) of different body parts especially plastic and metal parts.

One of the more difficult areas to repaint can be around the door handles ( pockets) unless they removed the handles before repainting. Most dealers don't do this, so inspect to make sure you are satisfied with the quality of job.

By the way what color paint?
It’s the performance red. I don’t plan on doing PPF or ceramic coating on the car. Never have in the past, including my 350R or v60 polestar. But I want to make sure the paint is not complete trash from the get go, especially at over 50k. Spoke with the owner of the body shop, which is Porsche certified, and he wants to get it sorted out. Just hoping Acura foots the bill.

OP
OP

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s the performance red. I don’t plan on doing PPF or ceramic coating on the car. Never have in the past, including my 350R or v60 polestar. But I want to make sure the paint is not complete trash from the get go, especially at over 50k. Spoke with the owner of the body shop, which is Porsche certified, and he wants to get it sorted out. Just hoping Acura foots the bill.
The credentials of the body shop is encouraging.

I love that color and bc it is a darker color they should be able to get close on the calor match. The other challenges are the pearl coat and matching the metallic density and orientation when sprayed....that is why a "spot" spray and blend is nearly impossible on these multi-finish paints.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the final outcome and the paint skills of the shop. As they say....its all about the prep and the execution.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
This type of stuff happens far more often than any of us would want to believe... I've heard horror stories of major shipping damage being repaired at the port before a car is ever delivered.

OP
OP

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealer called today and the LCM/Ebony ITS arrived. Had a chance to inspect the car before they did any prep. and came away disappointed.

Unfortunately the paint quality was lacking, and there are scratches on the upper section of the bumper, where it joins the hood. Also the paint on the upper portion of bumper where it joins to the the front fenders (above the lights), doesn't have a good color match (darker) and the metallic paint is inconsistent (blotchy) on the bumper vs the fenders. Overall the panel fit was ok, but varied from one side to another. Gaps on the metal parts was good, but rear door valance gap was larger than everything else....looked odd.

After inspecting all of the paint I found numerous minor (potentially correctable) defects, that I've never seen on a new car in this price range. Yes I know it is based on a $32k base Intergra, but my $38k Focus RS (based on a $21k base Focus) was far and away better, and nearly flawless....so I came away disappointed.

They also had an Integra setting next to it in Apex Blue. Bc of the darker color paint any paint mismatch on it was very very hard to detect and masked ( at least minimized) the panel gap differences. The more I looked at the body configuration, panel joint locations and the lighter paint colors (except for Black, Apex Blue, and possibly the Performance Red) that all use high metallic content and most with pearl, I felt that the combination accentuates the paint inconsistencies and design/build miscues.

I've decided that on this particular car the LCM paint quality is not acceptable. The good news is I have another chance to inspect a LCM at another dealer this week, so I'll be able to assess whether it's finish quality is acceptable and this one was a fluke. If not, I will hold out for the Apex Blue....my original 1st choice.

GTO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 BRZ
Dealer called today and the LCM/Ebony ITS arrived. Had a chance to inspect the car before they did any prep. and came away disappointed.

Unfortunately the paint quality was lacking, and there are scratches on the upper section of the bumper, where it joins the hood. Also the paint on the upper portion of bumper where it joins to the the front fenders (above the lights), doesn't have a good color match (darker) and the metallic paint is inconsistent (blotchy) on the bumper vs the fenders. Overall the panel fit was ok, but varied from one side to another. Gaps on the metal parts was good, but rear door valance gap was larger than everything else....looked odd.

After inspecting all of the paint I found numerous minor (potentially correctable) defects, that I've never seen on a new car in this price range. Yes I know it is based on a $32k base Intergra, but my $38k Focus RS (based on a $21k base Focus) was far and away better, and nearly flawless....so I came away disappointed.

They also had an Integra setting next to it in Apex Blue. Bc of the darker color paint any paint mismatch on it was very very hard to detect and masked ( at least minimized) the panel gap differences. The more I looked at the body configuration, panel joint locations and the lighter paint colors (except for Black, Apex Blue, and possibly the Performance Red) that all use high metallic content and most with pearl, I felt that the combination accentuates the paint inconsistencies and design/build miscues.

I've decided that on this particular car the LCM paint quality is not acceptable. The good news is I have another chance to inspect a LCM at another dealer this week, so I'll be able to assess whether it's finish quality is acceptable and this one was a fluke. If not, I will hold out for the Apex Blue....my original 1st choice.
I'm really sorry to hear this and sympathize with your disappointment. You are absolutely right not to settle and get exactly what satisfies you - especially at this price point.

Getting an ITS has proven to be an arduous journey for many so I sincerely wish you the best of luck with that second LCM or Apex Blue.

Also, thank you for your contributions to this forum. Your posts are always detailed, informative and much appreciated:)

Brian G

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RLX

I have the Apex Blue and Orchid interior. The color is my favorite part of the car. You wont be dissapointed when you get it.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

I feel like you should hold out for Apex Blue anyway, as it really does seem to be calling to you.

If the next car you look at is perfect, sure. But even if it is, the Apex Blue/ebony cars should be hitting dealers soon.

OP
OP

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20230823_201402.jpg

20230823_201332.jpg
20230823_201342.jpg

20230823_201354.jpg

Here are a few pics I took this evening to illustrate the paint mismatch of the front and rear bumpers with the fenders and the hood. These were taken about 7:30 pm. At this time of day, as the sunlight is indirect vs direct bright sun, you'll readily see that mismatches in pigment become very apparent.....similar to a cloudy or rainy day.

I'm skeptical but will look at the other LCM before passing on it.....looks like an Apex Blue is in my future. You are correct....the Apex is calling out to me.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

Holy cow...sorry to hear that man. I can confirm that I was very impressed with the all around quality of my LCM. This Saturday will be 2 weeks after taking it home. Panels were perfectly aligned & symmetrical & there were no issues with the paint. A couple minor imperfections in the clear coat that have been corrected.

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
Well, im definitely sitting this year out. Lets hope Acura tightens down QA because at this price point, its just a slap in the face.

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
Here are a few pics I took this evening to illustrate the paint mismatch of the front and rear bumpers with the fenders and the hood.
Thanks for taking those pictures! I have a PRP on order and an LCM as a 2nd place car, so these have me worried a bit about the LCM cars. Did you happen to see the VIN on this LCM car? Was it one of the later cars or one of the initial batch?

OP
OP

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for taking those pictures! I have a PRP on order and an LCM as a 2nd place car, so these have me worried a bit about the LCM cars. Did you happen to see the VIN on this LCM car? Was it one of the later cars or one of the initial batch?
I didn't record VIN. There has been a number of LCM/Ebony shipments that started being delivered last week and the production schedule for the LCM/ Ebony was Aug/Sept, but don't know from which batch this was produced.

Note: in the performance red pics I've seen, it doesn't seem to be as visible or is non-existent.