• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
I fully respect that conundrum; that $9,000 gap at MSRP is vast... but plenty (most, even?) Honda dealerships are whittling that gap down significantly with markups and mandatory accessories on the Si and Civic Hatchback Touring. Add the average markup onto the Si/Touring and then factor in the features they lack when compared to the top-spec Integra at MSRP and it's a no-brainer, for me.

Granted, that's assuming your Acura dealership is selling at MSRP, but I think most have found success in finding dealers willing to sell at MSRP.
Ya that definitely narrows the gap if you have markups on one and not the other. I have a deposit at honda and acura and both are at msrp. So I've been fighting this battle in my head since the Acura pricing came out. I'll probably cave once I see it in person.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Ya that definitely narrows the gap if you have markups on one and not the other. I have a deposit at honda and acura and both are at msrp. So I've been fighting this battle in my head since the Acura pricing came out. I'll probably cave once I see it in person.
Ugh just saw you're in Canada--the Si up there is much better than what we get down here, you've got a really tough call to make.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I watched a few reviews. I have more to watch and digest. Early impressions are perhaps the review guys are a bit harsh and stuck in the past. However, there may still be a grain of truth in there somewhere. What I expected from the new Integra was the Civic Si plus added luxury minus 5% sharpness. What I apparently received was the Civic Si plus a degree of Integra road compliance minus driver engagement. I suppose the Integra could be treated as a new canvas and it be upgraded with power mods, suspension, and break mod, ETC. And at that point perhaps I should just buy something else or just wait for the Integra Type S. I already decided no matter how bad ass the 2022/2033 GR86/BRZ Twins are that they just don’t have enough everyday use ability that I do want. Versus the newer Twins I would want slightly better things all around when considering interior quality, seat comfort, a seat position that’s not completely on the ground, some utility, gas mileage, better stereo, better auto safety features with a quality MT or a kick ass AT, a spot for my iPhone that’s not lame, a spot for my coffee that’s not lame, a back seat, and an nicer arm rest. And after looking at all that, the Integra does all that at least. So I would not mind owning the Integra after all, although it’s clear it’s not the hardcore Si or Type S or Type R replacement we may have wanted. In the end I am considering a few alternative options, the new Integra is seemingly still a very decent daily option - just not the GR86/BRZ driver engagement killer plus luxury car that I may have wanted it to be out of the box. And there’s a 50-50 chance I would not notice a difference in the new Integra vs the new Civic Si anyway, having not driven the latest versions of each.

Last edited:

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Agreed as I was hoping for the Integra to at least equal the Si from a handling perspective. Was hoping the adaptive dampers offered firmness on par w/ the Si when in sport mode, but it sounds like it's a bit softer. Now what that actually means from a handling perspective is yet to be seen until someone can test it side by side w/ the Si, and hopefully that is done w/ similar tires since the Integra's ContiProContacts don't deserve to be on the top trim. Hopefully Acura will offer a performance summer tire at some point. The Integra is going to get roasted when Car and Driver does it's lightning lap since that test is done on OEM rubber.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That said I did test drive (on a 1/4 mile mini race track slash test drive track no less) the regular 2022 Civic Touring Sedan with CVT and I thought for what it was it was pretty good handing wise and interior quality impressed. They do get better every generation.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Any dealer will install other tires for you, but you'll be paying full price for them unfortunately. Really can't believe Acura put such crappy tires on the top package or didn't make a performance tire an option. They really seem to limit the potential of the platform.
Agreed. Reminds of of the garbage tires that came on my 03 RSX type s. I drove them bald though and when I got new ones it was one of the most impactful “mods” I had done.

I’m not going to rush for new tires. But I’ll be looking forward to when they’re needed.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
TheSmokingTire is the most critical review so far, and he was more critical of the tires than anything else--he recommended swapping them out immediately. I do wonder if better tires would make for decreased road noise as well.
It’s hard for me to take anything TST said seriously. They are just a bunch of pompous a holes. Every other review loved it and said the NVH was very quiet and much less than the Si.

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thesmokingtire says there's no nav. I thought there was....the si has nav.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Thesmokingtire says there's no nav. I thought there was....the si has nav.
The Si has built-in navigation, but it's not included with the Integra--they likely did this since most use Waze or GoogleMaps even when there's native navigation. On the bright side, one reviewer did show that the CarPlay navigation directions display in the HUD, and there should also be an option to display them in the gauge cluster.

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Si has built-in navigation, but it's not included with the Integra--they likely did this since most use Waze or GoogleMaps even when there's native navigation. On the bright side, one reviewer did show that the CarPlay navigation directions display in the HUD, and there should also be an option to display them in the gauge cluster.
I'd likely prefer Google Maps as well anyways but it does seem odd to not include a feature that the "lesser" of the 2 has.
That's very cool that they can appear in the HUD and cluster! I'll take that over a independent nav any day.
My 2018 silverado has wired Android auto where I attempt to use google maps but it's awful. It cuts out and is glitchy. It could be a cable/phone problem though.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think new high end summer tires will help a lot. However, there are suspension tuning differences. How easy is it to upgrade the suspension with those 3 stage adaptive dampers in the way? I’m sure you can use a regular more sporty suspension? I think you can make it more like an Si at the expense of being compliant.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
My bronco has built in nav. It was cool for like 2 trips. But then became annoying to use. Takes so long and it’s not great. There’s a new road near by and it shows me driving through a lake. No road.

I just use google maps anyway. And with wireless CarPlay that will be a way easier option. At first I was bummed that it was omitted but I get why. And I won’t miss it.

Its kinda funny how far features have evolved. It used to be a status symbol for super luxury cars. “I have nav on my bmw”. Now cars are taking it off because there are way better options.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I think new high end summer tires will help a lot. However, there are suspension tuning differences. How easy is it to upgrade the suspension with those 3 stage adaptive dampers in the way? I’m sure you can use a regular more sporty suspension? I think you can make it more like an Si at the expense of being compliant.
Most people with CTR’s just do lowering springs with higher rates, leaving the shocks since they’re adjustable.

But while the sport setting is said to be softer than the Si, they also said it’s super close. And has the ability to get nice a cushy for long commutes. I’m sure most of us couldn’t tell the difference between sport and the Si. It’ll be fine.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve been rewatching all the reviews. The averaged result was that the 2022 Civic Touring Hatch and the 2022 Civic Si had a baby, and one that’s more stylish, spoiled, and posh. So I think the Integra will do nicely for now after all. And I can do some minor upgrades to make it more what I want it to be for the short term.

Currently, I can’t find anything cheaper that I want, certainly nothing that is in stock soon, and I am not ready to jump into anything more expensive until more high end options come out (such as the GR Corolla or Integra Type S). As I mentioned before I also like the Integra’s luxury, seats, stereo, and better gas mileage, ETC.

I’d bet the 0 to 60 times would be slightly better with premium summer tires, I absolutely need new summer tires right away. What should I get? I want high performance with decent durability. And I’d like to get a red racing strip and or graphics to offset all that gray in the liquid carbon metalic and red interior. I’m sure for anything else I’d have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up.

Sadly, I don’t see any BRZ style Atlantic City meetups happening until the Integra Type S hits. Those were always a bit fun. I would have reversed the Integra releases. If Acura had done 300HP with SHAWD right out of the gate it would have been shocking for the brand. That would have had a much bigger Halo effect. Then you come out with the more affordable entry level Integra that they just released.

Last edited: