• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Looks like reservations open up March 10th. Hopefully that means we'll be getting more information on engine, dimensions, interior shots, etc. soon.
Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 4.36.22 PM.png
Heaven forbid they show us a 2nd color or the interior before they start asking for our contact info :rolleyes:

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
They already did show us a second color. Pay attention! ?
You must mean the dark grey pic that was floating around eh Smarty Pants.

Wasn’t that debunked by someone around here as some photoshop work?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Looks like reservations open up March 10th. Hopefully that means we'll be getting more information on engine, dimensions, interior shots, etc. soon.
Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 4.36.22 PM.png
Is it normal to have reservations for a car on the company website? I thought that was more of a dealer thing?

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Is it normal to have reservations for a car on the company website? I thought that was more of a dealer thing?
I posted about this in the other thread. You place the deposit online. It pairs you with you local dealer. From there they take your order and facilitate it.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I posted about this in the other thread. You place the deposit online. It pairs you with you local dealer. From there they take your order and facilitate it.
Yep exactly like this. I believe that the dealership contacts you once they receive your reservation to confirm with you.

DipTheoryA

First Name
Dip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hondas and Acuras
Yep exactly like this. I believe that the dealership contacts you once they receive your reservation to confirm with you.
Well....that's a bit of a let-down (I'll probably use Penske). I'm just going to throw this out there because I've moved for work and had four different Acura dealers in my owner's experience. One was just a purchase and was fine - I moved right after. One was really great for Sales & Service. Two have been just plain bad experiences on sales and service fronts, where one even put me in real physical danger. The current local Acura dealer is terrible. So, last purchase, we bailed on an RDX order and we picked out a CRV for my spouse - we've got a decent local Honda dealer service. I'll save those three stories for now, unless you want to hear them. This probably says that the Acura brand really needs to work on overhauling their complete customer experience. A pretty showroom with better coffee and donuts isn't enough to overcome bad actors at their dealerships. I can get decent coffee anywhere. And I dont complain about such minor issues like wanting MSRP or lower pricing. But it's clear Acura's existing metrics on their dealers belie the state of things.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Motor1 got a reply from Acura further clarifying the reservations/production for 2023 model year. I wonder if all color options will be available for the people who reserve from this limited run.

"While long-term production of 2023 Acura Integra will not be limited, we know that a number of customers want to be among the first to own the return of this iconic Acura model. By capturing natural demand early for specific builds (option packages, exterior and interior colors, etc.) we can prioritize these units into early production to best meet the needs of these most ardent buyers."

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m 100% ok with this method.
make a “first run”
See how many folks actually put cash down. Helps them align future production
None of that is an issue at all.
What I don’t want to see happen is using this method as an excuse by dealers for insane markups

a car manufacturer gauging which builds are popular is taking lean and six sigma concepts into their execution

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I’m 100% ok with this method.
make a “first run”
See how many folks actually put cash down. Helps them align future production
None of that is an issue at all.
What I don’t want to see happen is using this method as an excuse by dealers for insane markups

a car manufacturer gauging which builds are popular is taking lean and six sigma concepts into their execution
Yeah I’m concerned about what will happen when the car finally hits my dealers grounds. Since these cars aren’t allocated and are ordered there shouldnt be markup for anyone, yet by it being only available as an order it makes it much rarer of a car. Time will tell I guess

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Motor1 got a reply from Acura further clarifying the reservations/production for 2023 model year. I wonder if all color options will be available for the people who reserve from this limited run.

"While long-term production of 2023 Acura Integra will not be limited, we know that a number of customers want to be among the first to own the return of this iconic Acura model. By capturing natural demand early for specific builds (option packages, exterior and interior colors, etc.) we can prioritize these units into early production to best meet the needs of these most ardent buyers."
I think they will specifically do this for A-Spec trim with optional packages. Even then I hope they reveal it soon. Acura tends to tease models about 2 weeks before it’s reveal. If we think about it, February 21-25 could be the teaser announcement of the reveal. Then possibly March 1-10th could be a date they fully reveal specs

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah I’m concerned about what will happen when the car finally hits my dealers grounds. Since these cars aren’t allocated and are ordered there shouldnt be markup for anyone, yet by it being only available as an order it makes it much rarer of a car. Time will tell I guess
If you are putting a deposit down. You’re allocating a car to you.
The dealer should 100000% be offering a build order where you sign. If the manage signs then they can’t change the price after the fact. Quite common

I read all info and my AD speaks as though your $500 deposit is allocating a specific build to you, the customer