• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
The Integra is actually angled with the front closer to the camera so it made the overlay difficult to really get exact, but basing the front and rear wheels (assuming they're 18" like the Sport Touring)...
Maybe it's the pic but those almost look like 19's to me.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To be fair they don't even sell it in their home market lol oh wait..... Ford doesn't sell Fiesta ST here either .
Europeans always get all the fun toys.
Europe gets it. Australia gets it. But not us.

This whole thing with SUVs and crossovers taking over the North American market drives me nuts. I always wonder if it's the chicken or the egg. Are those vehicles selling so well because that's 100% what people want, or is it partly because they've promoted those bigger vehicles and had sedans, coupes and small cars fade away from production?

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Maybe it's the pic but those almost look like 19's to me.
That could be the case as well. I used the wheel wells and roof to line things up as well. Either way, it appears to be basically the exact same size and shape as the civic hatchback plus or minus an inch or two in regards to things like width and overhangs.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

This whole thing with SUVs and crossovers taking over the North American market drives me nuts. I always wonder if it's the chicken or the egg. Are those vehicles selling so well because that's 100% what people want, or is it partly because they've promoted those vehicles and had sedans, coupes and small cars fade away from production?
My thoughts on the crossover/SUV craze is just American mentality of "bigger is better"... people see LARGE vehicles and equate it with wealth and comfort. Regardless of whether or not they NEED a vehicle that size, I know plenty of single people with no kids or pets that have 2 or even 3 row crossovers just because.... It does in small part fall on the automakers as well not offering worthwhile products in the segment, but to a lesser degree.

As soon as gas prices went down the crossover craze started because fuel efficiency no longer mattered. It also doesn't help that most people don't put any kind of weight into how a car drives... they're perfectly fine with soft floppy top heavy crossovers that handle like garbage because they like the seating position being up high rather than actually wanting something fun that hugs the road and can be a source of entertainment rather than just another appliance they use day to day. It's kind of like... small sporty cars are gaming systems... crossovers are refrigerators... both are effectively appliances, but one is for enjoyment and one is just a necessity.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As soon as gas prices went down the crossover craze started because fuel efficiency no longer mattered.
They aren't going down anymore. ;) Here's the average cost of regular in the US as of today:

Capture.GIF

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)

This whole thing with SUVs and crossovers taking over the North American market drives me nuts. I always wonder if it's the chicken or the egg. Are those vehicles selling so well because that's 100% what people want, or is it partly because they've promoted those bigger vehicles and had sedans, coupes and small cars fade away from production?
Yeah Australia has everything. They get European stuff AND American stuff.
Unfortunately they have all the dangerous creatures too so that's a no for me lol

Anyway, crossovers are taking over the planet, not just here in America.
Europe still has sub compact cars but they now have tons of sub compact crossovers.
Japanese makers are now selling dam kei crossovers and Koreans seem to love crossovers too.
Even China, the most sedan-focused market, is now getting flooded with crossovers.
It's as if everyone started living in mountains.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They aren't going down anymore. ;) Here's the average cost of regular in the US as of today:

Capture.GIF
Oh I know they're going up... just a few months ago I could fill up for about $20 and now its over $30 to fill up. Gas prices get back into the $4 range over more of the country and suddenly people may start second guessing their gas guzzlers. Of course, things like hybrids and electric cars will offset that impact going forward the next 10-15 years.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Few things about the new spyshot.

It's obviously based on the Civic hatch but it looks like none of the body panels are shared with the civic.
It's not a Civic hatch with different front and back. The doors, fenders, hood and windows are all different.
The roof line looks different, too.

But no frameless windows :(

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Few things about the new spyshot.

It's obviously based on the Civic hatch but it looks like none of the body panels are shared with the civic.
It's not a Civic hatch with different front and back. The doors, fenders, hood and windows are all different.
The roof line looks different, too.

But no frameless windows :(
Yeah that’s what I noticed as well but first thing a lot of people said on Facebook groups was that “it’s a Civic Hatchback”. Personally people will look at the picture and then say that. They don’t zoom in and look at all the details of the model. Frameless windows I honestly could live without. The noise from frameless windows as well as the window actuator over time will get annoying.

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
While I completely understand why cars are getting bigger and bigger but I too am one of the few who prefer smaller cars.
I'm now more interested in subcompact hot hatches like Polo GTI, i20N, Fiesta ST and GR Yaris (and we get none of them here in NA)
Ironically subcompact cars are now big enough to do all the things that only compact and midsize could do.

But I'd get a big sedan/hatchback over big Crossovers any day so I'm still happy that we're getting the new teggy.
I sw a really old Camry on the road today and it was about 2/3 as big as my Mustang. I miss small cars.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I sw a really old Camry on the road today and it was about 2/3 as big as my Mustang. I miss small cars.
My first gen Integra LS 3 door was a foot or so shorter than the new Civic and weighed a bit over 2300 lbs...

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
We’ll I’m excited for this thing still. I think a huge part of how much we will love/hate the design comes down the rear quarter panel area. How swoopy, how does rear taillight flow into rest of design, is there a 3rd window or all metal?
It’ll have the 3rd window. You can see it in the released rear photos. The shape of the hatch and spoiler etc remind me a lot of a CLA 250.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
It’ll have the 3rd window. You can see it in the released rear photos. The shape of the hatch and spoiler etc remind me a lot of a CLA 250.
Yeah forgot about those pics lol. To be honest the side profile is straight Audi A5 to me. Which I think is great since they basically have the A5 coupe and sport back - I can definitely see Acura going this route with the eventual return of the coupe for those that want it. Anecdotally I see a ton of A5 sport backs around.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yeah forgot about those pics lol. To be honest the side profile is straight Audi A5 to me. Which I think is great since they basically have the A5 coupe and sport back - I can definitely see Acura going this route with the eventual return of the coupe for those that want it. Anecdotally I see a ton of A5 sport backs around.
I see both the A5/S5 and 4GC. All three have lifted hatches which I like

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Again, I guess I'm the weirdo here. Having owned an Integra, I loved how small and nimble it was. All these new cars are so damn big.
Agree totally… Civics and the C8 vette come to mind. Then again, I’d have loved it if they brought the CDX here, and called it the Integra to drive all us enthusiasts insane.