• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Side silhouette seems to match the civic hatch almost exactly. It could be the angle the shot is taken, but that rear overhang seems really long... I was hoping they'd try and shorten it a bit more compared to the civic, but from this shot it almost looks longer, but could be an illusion. Granted these spy shots are never super flattering to begin with.

The coupe-like shape is nice, would make it so easy to create a coupe variant with very very minimal changes to the car, but this shape could also be the reason why a coupe doesn't happen because this is "close enough" to a coupe.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I like it honestly. It has that Acura performance inspired design so far. Those hips look nice though. It’s going to look better when the Type S comes out with the suspension being lowered.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Again, I guess I'm the weirdo here. Having owned an Integra, I loved how small and nimble it was. All these new cars are so damn big.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
Almost feels like this is what the Civic hatchback would have looked like if Honda hadnt cut 5 inches off the rear of it.

Withholding judgement until i see better pictures.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Again, I guess I'm the weirdo here. Having owned an Integra, I loved how small and nimble it was. All these new cars are so damn big.
I agree with you, smaller is better, but American's are tall and fat and they all want crossovers, so sadly even the "small" cars are mid-size by most standards now. I figure the actual dimensions will be identical to the civic hatch (with added width from widened stance of the CTR), these pictures definitely add mass compared to how it'll appear in person.

If they gave us something the size of the RSX I'd be thrilled, but I doubt it'll ever happen unless gas prices suddenly shoot through the roof and everyone starts to retreat back to small cars.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
We’ll I’m excited for this thing still. I think a huge part of how much we will love/hate the design comes down the rear quarter panel area. How swoopy, how does rear taillight flow into rest of design, is there a 3rd window or all metal?

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
It’s not only the current state of what people want. Automakers are making bigger and bigger cars generation after generation because of growing families and what they need space wise. It’s one of those things where it’s going to continue to grow. TLX segment is considered Compact but it’s more midsize. This is considered Sub compact but it’s a lot bigger and in class with Compact.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I agree with you, smaller is better, but American's are tall and fat and they all want crossovers, so sadly even the "small" cars are mid-size by most standards now. I figure the actual dimensions will be identical to the civic hatch (with added width from widened stance of the CTR), these pictures definitely add mass compared to how it'll appear in person.

If they gave us something the size of the RSX I'd be thrilled, but I doubt it'll ever happen unless gas prices suddenly shoot through the roof and everyone starts to retreat back to small cars.
While I completely understand why cars are getting bigger and bigger but I too am one of the few who prefer smaller cars.
I'm now more interested in subcompact hot hatches like Polo GTI, i20N, Fiesta ST and GR Yaris (and we get none of them here in NA)
Ironically subcompact cars are now big enough to do all the things that only compact and midsize could do.

But I'd get a big sedan/hatchback over big Crossovers any day so I'm still happy that we're getting the new teggy.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
While I completely understand why cars are getting bigger and bigger but I too am one of the few who prefer smaller cars.
I'm now more interested in subcompact hot hatches like Polo GTI, i20N, Fiesta ST and GR Yaris (and we get none of them here in NA)
Ironically subcompact cars are now big enough to do all the things that only compact and midsize could do.

But I'd get a big sedan/hatchback over big Crossovers any day so I'm still happy that we're getting the new teggy.
Yeah, man. Hyundai does us North Americans wrong. That i20N is a sweet little car for the money.

tux3b47k5lv11y16y67wbktxvlr4.jpg

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's hard to tell because of the angle of the spy shot, but I tried to do an overlay of the car against a side profile view of the civic hatch. The Integra is actually angled with the front closer to the camera so it made the overlay difficult to really get exact, but basing the front and rear wheels (assuming they're 18" like the Sport Touring) the rear overhang appears to be almost exactly the same as the civic hatchback, maybe an inch or so shorter even just due to bumper shape. Hood appears to be the same height as the civic, and the windows/roofline match the civic hatch pretty much exactly best I can tell. So when imagining this car, just take the civic hatch, add front/rear acura treatments, add the side character lines, and the hips/fender bulges and you've basically got it in terms of size and shape.

Acura could've added a bit more to the front overhang to help make the nose appear longer/more dramatic like the TLX, but it's unclear from the spy shot since the nose is cut off. I fully expect it to be wider than the standard civic hatch due to the fender flares that look to be more or less borrowed from the CTR, so an extra 2 or so inches total most likely.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

There's so many small hatches I would love that Europe and Asia get. I was always a big fan of the last model of VW Scirocco 3 door hatch. Always wanted that car to come state side (even tho it was mechanically identically to the Golf at the time). I always wanted Honda to create a Fit Si model too. Theres quite a few French small cars I'd love to see (even tho I know their reliability is questionable).

My "attainable" dream car was always the Audi TT. It's the perfect size, has always been one of the best looking cars around IMO and has enough comfort/performance to be a great DD while being fun to drive.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yeah, man. Hyundai does us North Americans wrong. That i20N is a sweet little car for the money.

If I’m going to be 100% honest this would be my autocross car in a heartbeat next to the Integra Type S. It’s the right size. I’m sure here in FL there is a way to get them over here lol.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)

To be fair they don't even sell it in their home market lol oh wait..... Ford doesn't sell Fiesta ST here either .
Europeans always get all the fun toys.