• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mixing 91+100 to get 93 in California

Braun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Apex Blue Pearl ITS
I could have sworn the recommended fuel octane was 91 for the ITS. Where did you see it is 93? Either way, minimal difference.

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 White ITS, 2015 Cayman GTS
I doubt seriously there is a 93 map in the car given how much 91 is out there in key states . I am always curious for non top-tier places at this point, who actually blends the fuel...seems to me its coming from the same places. No diferent then places offering 4 octane ratings....they only have 87 and 93 at the station we rely on the blending being correct, how would we know if buying 89 or 91 :D

I'd run 93 over the 91 if price was the same for a bit more safety if it was me, and not bother with ethanol free unless you were dealing with carbs (which I do in my motorcycle and small engines that sit from time to time).

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I could have sworn the recommended fuel octane was 91 for the ITS. Where did you see it is 93? Either way, minimal difference.
It is written in the manual.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Those worried about ethanol, I wouldn't sweat it too much. I used to avoid it like the plague myself but not with the Integra.

Reasons to genuinely not use it:

1) Pre-ethanol in fuel vehicles. They used components not equipped to handle ethanol in the fuel system. Pretty much anything in the past decade or two expects it so the fuel lines from tank to combustion can handle it.

2) Long duration in tank. As others have said, ethanol accumulates water. If you're not completely emptying the fuel tank in a month or less, it can gain excessive amounts of water which can cause corrosion.

3) Equal price for non ethanol fuel. I would still put 93 w/ethanol over 91 without however again as pointed out early, the power density of gasoline is higher than ethanol so all other things equal, you'd squeeze out 5-10% more fuel efficiency which over time adds up.