• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
I agree with the latter. On the other hand - in my area at least - my dealers are ā€œsayingā€ 10k markup on the CTR & that they havenā€™t marked up their Acura Type S models in the past yet. That would be estimated around the same price, heck, maybe even a few K less than the CTR due to the rarity/availability they say. I guess weā€™ll see soon enough when Acura releases pricing. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
I do wonder how long until we get the next trickle of information. I think the CTR was announced around the same time but a full reveal did not happen until Mid Summer. But this car is basically already the same formula with more than likely 80-90% CTR parts, so Iā€™m hoping this timeline is sped up a bit.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I agree with the latter. On the other hand - in my area at least - my dealers are ā€œsayingā€ 10k markup on the CTR & that they havenā€™t marked up their Acura Type S models in the past yet. That would be estimated around the same price, heck, maybe even a few K less than the CTR due to the rarity/availability they say. I guess weā€™ll see soon enough when Acura releases pricing. šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
You have a point. I wasn't clear in what I meant. I wasn't including ADM when I said the Acura wouldn't cost less. I meant MSRP.

It could go along the same lines of the civic ST 6mt + ADM exceeding integra cost with integra at MSRP. Same situation landed me with the integra without even considering the civic.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
You have a point. I wasn't clear in what I meant. I wasn't including ADM when I said the Acura wouldn't cost less. I meant MSRP.

It could go along the same lines of the civic ST 6mt + ADM exceeding integra cost with integra at MSRP. Same situation landed me with the integra without even considering the civic.
I donā€™t blame ya. Since I never owned one, I was all on board the Civic train until the local dealers showed their ADM & they also forgot to get back to me when the time came. But Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll enjoy being back in an Integra more anyway. It certainly looks much better! šŸ˜Ž

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Or maybe it's a prototype and the production model won't be a 100% clone. And also cost more than the CTR.

No way an Acura would cost less than a Honda.
Their prototypes, especially those in camo, tend to be virtually identical to the production models. Iā€˜ll be very surprised if they arenā€™t tacked onā€¦ and thatā€™s fine, adds some aggressiveness.

The price, just MSRP, is anyoneā€™s guess. Lots of arguments why CTR will be higher... Type R > Type S, limited production, imported, track focused gear, etc. Lots why ITS will be higher, Acura > Honda, luxury features CTR wonā€™t have, wonā€™t have the ADM potential the CTR will so take more $$ upfront, etc. A Type R can be more than an Acura.

Then thereā€™s what they should do. Price it <= CTR. Make it a better value than CTR, get people excited and in the showrooms. They need to see it as what ITS can do for the brand not how much they can make on the single vehicleā€¦ no matter how good it is itā€™ll be a low volume seller but those showroom visitors may be talked into a TLX or RDX/MDX while theyre around. Theyā€™ve called Integra the new halo carā€¦ it isnā€™t yetā€¦ but it sure as shit could be at the right price.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Then thereā€™s what they should do. Price it <= CTR. Make it a better value than CTR, get people excited and in the showrooms. They need to see it as what ITS can do for the brand not how much they can make on the single vehicleā€¦ no matter how good it is itā€™ll be a low volume seller but those showroom visitors may be talked into a TLX or RDX/MDX while theyre around. Theyā€™ve called Integra the new halo carā€¦ it isnā€™t yetā€¦ but it sure as shit could be at the right price.
The upsell strategy works especially well with the manual-only. People hear hype about the ITS, go in to check it out, find out its a manual only, and end up leaving with a TLX Type S for a few grand more.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
The upsell strategy works especially well with the manual-only. People hear hype about the ITS, go in to check it out, find out its a manual only, and end up leaving with a TLX Type S for a few grand more.
Well , manufacturers and media would have you believe that manuals donā€™t sell , but GR Corollaā€™s , Type Rā€™s/SIā€™s Tegs , 86/BRZ , GTI/R, blackwings , M3ā€™s and soon M2ā€™s with manuals are hard to get. First they donā€™t make enough , then enthusiasts seek the ones that are out , and dealers mark them up . At least thatā€™s my take.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Well , manufacturers and media would have you believe that manuals donā€™t sell , but GR Corollaā€™s , Type Rā€™s/SIā€™s Tegs , 86/BRZ , GTI/R, blackwings , M3ā€™s and soon M2ā€™s with manuals are hard to get. First they donā€™t make enough , then enthusiasts seek the ones that are out , and dealers mark them up . At least thatā€™s my take.
The salesman I was working with said that Acura had planned on about a 10% demand for manual transmission only later find out that there is over 70% demand, as far as out the door sales. That got me pretty excited to hear.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Manuals are a dying breed wrt the entire market but thereā€™s still a market for them in fun to drive cars.

The ā€œdonā€™t make enoughā€ seems to be something a lot of manufacturers have learned during covid. Make fewer cars, make most of them higher trim/margin models = higher profitsā€¦ Honda has always kept low inventory and fewer trim levels/options but theyā€™ve really embraced those strategies lately.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Manuals are a dying breed wrt the entire market but thereā€™s still a market for them in fun to drive cars.

The ā€œdonā€™t make enoughā€ seems to be something a lot of manufacturers have learned during covid. Make fewer cars, make most of them higher trim/margin models = higher profitsā€¦ Honda has always kept low inventory and fewer trim levels/options but theyā€™ve really embraced those strategies lately.
The "sell fewer cars at higher profit margins" strategy is why Acura, Lexus, and Infinity were created as a result of the Reagan import tariffs. When the numbers they could import got cut, Japan Inc. needed to sell higher profit margin cars in the U.S. but knew Uhmurikans wouldn't pay that much for Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans, so they created BS "luxury" brands and we lapped them up. I would say it was genius, but GM and Ford had been doing the same thing for years with Cadillac and Lincoln, respectively.

If you aren't asleep yet, a quick look at micro-economics tells you that when you artificially raise the cost of one segment of a market the cost of all goods in that market rise providing windfall profits to those not affected by the tariffs (domestic manufacturers). So, Reagan is partially responsibly responsible for my latest "Civic" costing over 500% more than the first one I bought in 1982.

Nycvic

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT
I'd be amazed if they changed the body lines enough that its not swapable.
The front grill looks larger and more open for airflow in comparison. Headlights look the same. Honestly just seems like the real exterior changes are front/rear bumper, fenders on all four corners, as the rear doors due to the wider stance. I hope the engine hood remains the same. I really want that hood vent.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Very true, I just saw an article saying exactly that, carmakers reduce production of lower trims/vehicles and make more top trims.

But this is out of date thinking, they will have to adjust to the new reality as the stock market bubble deflates, and the market demands lower cost vehicles.

Eventually the recession and stock market deflating will cause prices of cars like the Type R to come back down to earth, at least until they do another 2020 style money printing bonanza, and then car prices will go into orbit.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Very true, I just saw an article saying exactly that, carmakers reduce production of lower trims/vehicles and make more top trims.

But this is out of date thinking, they will have to adjust to the new reality as the stock market bubble deflates, and the market demands lower cost vehicles.

Eventually the recession and stock market deflating will cause prices of cars like the Type R to come back down to earth, at least until they do another 2020 style money printing bonanza, and then car prices will go into orbit.
You're kidding, right? Have you seen the cost of your average SUcksV or PickemUp lately? High profit/low volume is the reason Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti were created in the 80's as Japan Inc's response to the Reagan import limits and tariffs. You're average dumbmurikan is more than happy putting their financial future at risk just so they can have the biggest, most expensive vehicle they can't afford.