• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
To anyone thinking this will be significantly different than the CTR mechanically at this point; pass me the bowl because I want some of what you're having.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
cool, so since its basically a more luxurious Type R, is it gonna be built in Japan too?

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Not entirely sure of what their approach with this model is tbh. Seemingly it doesn't have any defining features the Type R doesn't. No SH-AWD (that's forgivable, but still would have been amazing and a major difference between the two), and no automatic option which WOULD have separated it and make sense given it's supposed to be more of a comfortable luxury Type R.

On paper and from where I see things, I just am confused they have two of the same car. Both 2.0t, most likely same 315hp, both 6-speed manual ONLY, and both FWD. I know it'll be tuned differently with it's suspension and maybe even engine tune too, but still, is that really enough?
I just would have liked to see the 10-speed automatic as an option.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Not entirely sure of what their approach with this model is tbh. Seemingly it doesn't have any defining features the Type R doesn't. No SH-AWD (that's forgivable, but still would have been amazing and a major difference between the two), and no automatic option which WOULD have separated it and make sense given it's supposed to be more of a comfortable luxury Type R.

On paper and from where I see things, I just am confused they have two of the same car. Both 2.0t, most likely same 315hp, both 6-speed manual ONLY, and both FWD. I know it'll be tuned differently with it's suspension and maybe even engine tune too, but still, is that really enough?
Hopefully 5 seats , els maybe signature version, leather, heated seats, ventilated would be amazing, power seats, and 4 to 6k more. Also can be purchased at MSRP

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
Hopefully 5 seats , els maybe signature version, leather, heated seats, ventilated would be amazing, power seats, and 4 to 6k more. Also can be purchased at MSRP
at this point I have no faith that it will have ventilated seats. Honda/Acura are so stingy with content. No sunroof has me kinda miffed though it shouldnā€™t surprise me. I donā€™t get Honda/Acura sometimes.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S

I think it is quite deliberate as the Type R will remain scarce in NA with the focus being mostly Japan. I think people hoping they are going to ramp up production and bring more over than they have already previous stated are out of their mind, Honda doesnā€™t react like that. The reason it is so similar is to fill that gap here in NA while also influencing the Acura brand sales. That being said the closer we get to launch I too start to feel that there will be minimal differences and honestly I am okay with that. I get some people want to see it as a separate option but it has always been a nicer civic so I am not expecting it to be too much different. Either way I am stoked since I got screwed out of an FL5 because of dealer shenanigans and really looking forward to the Type S.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.

Think of the car as a more ā€œobtainableā€ model since the Type R is so hard to get. Since itā€™s basically just transfer over from CTR to ITS then it seems like it really doesnā€™t differ other then outside styling. I know that I personally wanted to the 10 AT to be mated since it literally could but I guess Acura thought it would affect TLX-S Sales. Nonetheless I guess weā€™ll see if they make any big changes. As of right now it seems like this could be the last ITS to be full gas while the next one could use the CTR hybrid system they are going to work on.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
A few things...

• It always surprises me to see strong feelings about sunroofs... maybe I need to find an appreciation for them. Panoramic roofs? Cool. Standard 11x17 sunroofs? Eh.
  • I fully expected the Integra Type-S to have CTR "guts", but available exclusively with a 10AT. Now that the 10AT is out the window (at least for 2024), I'm starting to think a few of you are on to something with the idea that the Integra Type-S will be the more readily available CTR equivalent in the US.
Now following that logic... what if the Integra Type-S doesn't have much of anything in the way of luxury over the CTR? Maybe it has the CTR seats (resoundingly loved), but in black instead of red? Same with the carpeting, black instead of red. No leather. No heated/ventilated seats. ELS sound instead of Bose would make sense since it's Acura's sound system--is it "better"? Sure. Are they miles apart? Probably not for the average listener. If it's essentially a FL5 CTR with a softer suspension, CTR guts, similar/street-friendlier tuning, but made in the US rather than imported from Japan (less cost)... perhaps the target price would be more closely aligned with the FL5 CTR's MSRP? (Not holding my breath on this one), perhaps even cheaper than the CTR?

In short, what if the Integra Type-S follows the A-Spec + Tech in being a fancier Civic, but not necessarily a fancier CTR? Obviously, this logic deviates from the features Acura reserves for the Type-S TLX and MDX, but just thinking outside the box.

All that said, there have been people clamoring for years for a "Touring model" of the CTR--leather, heated seats, etc.. The Integra Type-S might be designed around that gap in offerings, which would also make sense.

Just stirring the pot!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
A few things...

• It always surprises me to see strong feelings about sunroofs... maybe I need to find an appreciation for them. Panoramic roofs? Cool. Standard 11x17 sunroofs? Eh.
  • I fully expected the Integra Type-S to have CTR "guts", but available exclusively with a 10AT. Now that the 10AT is out the window (at least for 2024), I'm starting to think a few of you are on to something with the idea that the Integra Type-S will be the more readily available CTR equivalent in the US.
Now following that logic... what if the Integra Type-S doesn't have much of anything in the way of luxury over the CTR? Maybe it has the CTR seats (resoundingly loved), but in black instead of red? Same with the carpeting, black instead of red. No leather. No heated/ventilated seats. ELS sound instead of Bose would make sense since it's Acura's sound system--is it "better"? Sure. Are they miles apart? Probably not for the average listener. If it's essentially a FL5 CTR with a softer suspension, CTR guts, similar/street-friendlier tuning, but made in the US rather than imported from Japan (less cost)... perhaps the target price would be more closely aligned with the FL5 CTR's MSRP? (Not holding my breath on this one), perhaps even cheaper than the CTR?

In short, what if the Integra Type-S follows the A-Spec + Tech in being a fancier Civic, but not necessarily a fancier CTR? Obviously, this logic deviates from the features Acura reserves for the Type-S TLX and MDX, but just thinking outside the box.

All that said, there have been people clamoring for years for a "Touring model" of the CTR--leather, heated seats, etc.. The Integra Type-S might be designed around that gap in offerings, which would also make sense.

Just stirring the pot!
I agree that this is the Touring of the CTR. When Honda revealed that for Europe I remember how many people wanted that model to be sold here as a cheaper CTR. I still feel that even after the 2024 MY itā€™ll be Manual exclusive though or they are testing out a new transmission for it but I wouldnā€™t hold my breath on that either. I think also another thing is that the ITS since itā€™s made in the US and also that the 2.0T is produced here in America, it will be widely available then the CTR. Heck I think they even just announced that the CTR is completely sold out for this year or that they reach a max order for the year. I personally can not wait to see people changing the hoods on the A-Spec models to the Type S Version lol.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
I agree that this is the Touring of the CTR. When Honda revealed that for Europe I remember how many people wanted that model to be sold here as a cheaper CTR. I still feel that even after the 2024 MY itā€™ll be Manual exclusive though or they are testing out a new transmission for it but I wouldnā€™t hold my breath on that either. I think also another thing is that the ITS since itā€™s made in the US and also that the 2.0T is produced here in America, it will be widely available then the CTR. Heck I think they even just announced that the CTR is completely sold out for this year or that they reach a max order for the year. I personally can not wait to see people changing the hoods on the A-Spec models to the Type S Version lol.
I think the current FL5 engine is manufactured in Japan now.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have my name in for one, and the biggest reason is I just canā€™t pay 10k over for a Type R. Not that I canā€™t afford it, but because I do think this will be the attainable version of it, with some better equipment ( stereo and no blows.. I mean Bose). I donā€™t expect it to be anything but a slightly different version of the civic, and since Iā€™ve owned an Integra GSR, RSX type S and a Civic Si in the past, Iā€™m ok w that they were all great, and all very similar. If Acura starts the mark up game with this Iā€™ll have to reassess everything. Either way I think we all win, since both cars should be great. The videos and pictures posted in this thread are great and have me ready for more infoā€¦. Come on summer.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I think the current FL5 engine is manufactured in Japan now.
I was curious about that myself--they actually make the engines at the Ana plant in Ohio, ship them to Japan, then ship the completed FL5 back to the US:

"The K20C1 will continue to be made at Hondaā€™s Anna engine factory in Sydney, Ohio, while the Type R itself is assembled in Hondaā€™s Yori Plant in Japan."

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2022... will continue to,Honda's Yori Plant in Japan.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was curious about that myself--they actually make the engines at the Ana plant in Ohio, ship them to Japan, then ship the completed FL5 back to the US:

"The K20C1 will continue to be made at Hondaā€™s Anna engine factory in Sydney, Ohio, while the Type R itself is assembled in Hondaā€™s Yori Plant in Japan."

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2022/09/04/new-civic-type-r-launches-for-2023-with-315-hp-the-most-powerful-production-honda-ever-sold-in-the-u-s/#:~:text=The K20C1 will continue to,Honda's Yori Plant in Japan.
I saw that too but the old window sticker on FK8 said engine origin USA this sticker was from the famous failed cars and bids auction ā€¦. Says Japan.