• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I had a debate with my wife a few weeks ago (de facto neutral party, not a car lover or driver of manuals) and thought I'd make a strong argument for a CTR (assuming I could get one at/near MSRP and save money over the ITS should the ITS extinguish some of the CTR hype):

Wife: "You're not getting a Civic. That's a 'college kid car'. You had a Civic in college."
Me: "Well it's not a Civic-Civic, it's a Type-R.... it's basically the best thing Honda makes."
Wife: "Does it say Civic?"
Me: "Well yeah..."
Wife: "Then it's a Civic. No."

So despite the toned-down styling from FK8 to FL5 (to each his own), the nameplate can make an impact that trumps the price. Happened to me.
I don't get it, the car isn't even for her, it's for you. Does she have some stigma about materialistic possessions, and is scared that fellow mom's are going to point and laugh at her for her husband having a Civic?

I also have to laugh that she vetos you getting a Civic, but is fine with an Integra, which just a Civic that costs $8k more :D.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I don't get it, the car isn't even for her, it's for you. Does she have some stigma about materialistic possessions, and is scared that fellow mom's are going to point and laugh at her for her husband having a Civic?

I also have to laugh that she vetos you getting a Civic, but is fine with an Integra, which just a Civic that costs $8k more :D.
Some battles defy logic, and just aren't worth it--happy wife, happy life.

CrashnSplash

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati Monster 900
*Hall Acura in Virginia Beach, VA is $5K ADM
*Priority Acura Chesapeake, VA - $10K ADM

Not paying that, so my search in southern VA continues.
Crown Acura in Richmond told me they'll sell at sticker.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
That will be up to us, If anyone pays these mark ups they belong on the wall of shame, If we all say hell no to this treatment, and these cars sit, guess what? dealers will have to lower their prices, drop the add ons and mark ups and everyone gets a car, lets not give in to hype, this is a car that none of us NEED to have, so just be patient.
Absolutely. I will only pay MSRP.
To me, it (ITS, CTR, and many other examples) is only worth MSRP. I don't have an issue saying no and walking away.

Mike

Speedyx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TLX
That will be up to us, If anyone pays these mark ups they belong on the wall of shame, If we all say hell no to this treatment, and these cars sit, guess what? dealers will have to lower their prices, drop the add ons and mark ups and everyone gets a car, lets not give in to hype, this is a car that none of us NEED to have, so just be patient.
Just pulled my deposit that ive had down since December because the dealership wanted a $5k ADM. They said me and another guy were getting $5k anyone else after is $10k ADM. Mind you I was toldit would be MSRP. Once they said it I said I would have to reconsider. They called owner and he said no minimum $5k. Greedy fucks, I know who the owner is and hes a millionaire. Starting to look at tesla now. Done with dealerships, never have a good experience. Thought this would be my first good one, boy was I wrong.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have one in Georgia from a Facebook group to add to the list @Integra23 - I'll continue to invite others that I come into contact with:

IMG_0669.png

ludawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic EX
Add Metro Acura SoCal area to the list. They didn’t have any Integras in stock but the TLX Type S that were in stock had 20k Markups going for 71k and I asked if the Integras were priced similar and the sales guy said yes. I went to Metro Honda for service on my Civic, they had a 15mile used red base Integra going for 38k after add ons etc …..

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
I had a debate with my wife a few weeks ago (de facto neutral party, not a car lover or driver of manuals) and thought I'd make a strong argument for a CTR (assuming I could get one at/near MSRP and save money over the ITS should the ITS extinguish some of the CTR hype):

Wife: "You're not getting a Civic. That's a 'college kid car'. You had a Civic in college."
Me: "Well it's not a Civic-Civic, it's a Type-R.... it's basically the best thing Honda makes."
Wife: "Does it say Civic?"
Me: "Well yeah..."
Wife: "Then it's a Civic. No."

So despite the toned-down styling from FK8 to FL5 (to each his own), the nameplate can make an impact that trumps the price. Happened to me.
Oh my God that is hilarious 🤣

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Just pulled my deposit that ive had down since December because the dealership wanted a $5k ADM. They said me and another guy were getting $5k anyone else after is $10k ADM. Mind you I was toldit would be MSRP. Once they said it I said I would have to reconsider. They called owner and he said no minimum $5k. Greedy fucks, I know who the owner is and hes a millionaire. Starting to look at tesla now. Done with dealerships, never have a good experience. Thought this would be my first good one, boy was I wrong.
Share that name!

Add Metro Acura SoCal area to the list. They didn’t have any Integras in stock but the TLX Type S that were in stock had 20k Markups going for 71k and I asked if the Integras were priced similar and the sales guy said yes. I went to Metro Honda for service on my Civic, they had a 15mile used red base Integra going for 38k after add ons etc …..
Lindsay Acura is another for the list--$0 markup promised on cars obtained through the reservation system, but they won't commit to any specific markup or set of add-ons for allocated vehicles. They had a used (not Certified) 2022 Civic Si on the lot with ~980 miles for $36,000, so I'm guessing the ITS markup is going to be ugly.

Last edited:

Speedyx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TLX
Share that name!

Lindsay Acura is another for the list--$0 markup promised on cars obtained through the reservation system, but they won't commit to any specific markup or set of add-ons for allocated vehicles. They had a used (not Certified) 2022 Civic Si on the lot with ~980 miles for $36,000, so I'm guessing the ITS markup is going to be ugly.
In NY acura of Huntington $10k ADM and Island Acura $5k ADM

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I agree about the wing. I think the ITS looks better, but you could always delete the wing from the CTR if you wanted, and just put it in storage for if/when you sell the car.
Come on, this isn't really an option. No one would ever do this. Plus I've heard numerous times that the wing is functional.

I just can't reconcile someone struggling with their self-awareness so much that they buy the car (probably at a markup) and then delete the wing. Sorry but this one doesn't hold water for me.

If there was ever a comment that sounds like it comes from a Porsche owner, this is it. Maybe it's an issue for those people that care about being brand snobs, and would be embarrassed by admitting in public that they own a Honda Civic?

At the end of the day, the ITS is just a more expensive Civic. The interior materials and build quality are identical between them.
And neither does this. You and others keep saying "it's a dressed up Civic". But that's all Acura (and the Integra specifically) have ever been about! It's not just Honda either; Lexus, Infiniti, Cadillac, the list goes on. People pay higher for "luxury" brands, because there are distinct differences. Doesn't matter if it's built on the same platform or even has the same drivetrain. Almost everything else is different, and that makes it a different car. If you don't agree, then why don't you have an Accord? I'm guessing, but is the TLX is based on the Accord platform? It's a thing manufacturers do. It's still a completely different car, even if build quality and materials are shared.

I'll disregard the "Porsche owner" comment. It's not just because I own a Porsche. I'd be fine with a Civic, but I have a hard time paying $60k for a Civic, even though I know it's the same platform underneath as an Acura. Just on principal... many others likely share this view, car people or not, and it factors into decision-making. Honda/Acura as a corporation target this car at the demographic that doesn't want to pay $60k for a Civic. Make sense?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Come on, this isn't really an option. No one would ever do this. Plus I've heard numerous times that the wing is functional.

I just can't reconcile someone struggling with their self-awareness so much that they buy the car (probably at a markup) and then delete the wing. Sorry but this one doesn't hold water for me.

[If there was ever a comment that sounds like it comes from a Porsche owner, this is it. Maybe it's an issue for those people that care about being brand snobs, and would be embarrassed by admitting in public that they own a Honda Civic?

At the end of the day, the ITS is just a more expensive Civic. The interior materials and build quality are identical between them.
And neither does this. You and others keep saying "it's a dressed up Civic". But that's all Acura (and the Integra specifically) have ever been about! It's not just Honda either; Lexus, Infiniti, Cadillac, the list goes on. People pay higher for "luxury" brands, because there are distinct differences. Doesn't matter if it's built on the same platform or even has the same drivetrain. Almost everything else is different, and that makes it a different car. If you don't agree, then why don't you have an Accord?

I'll disregard the "Porsche owner" comment. It's not just because I own a Porsche. I'd be fine with a Civic, but I have a hard time paying $60k for a Civic. Make sense?
[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly. Also how many civics do you see when you drive? How many integras?
It's a lot more unique and premium looking vehicle.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Well, you are right, but I wouldn't give up on the car, unless you are ready to move on, you can wait them out of others do what you did eventually in 3 to 4 months with these cars sitting, dealers will have to rethink their policy.