• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
LOL My wife says, get whatever makes you happy, it's your money, you worked hard and saved your money, go for it.
when your married 36 years I guess you chose your battles more carefully.
Exactly.

When we were shopping for my wife's vehicle, I offered my opinion on certain things, but the biggest takeaway was that she was comfortable driving the car, liked all the features, etc. It's the car she drives to work, so she should be comfortable with it.

When looking for my car, the roles were reversed. I asked for my wife's opinions on certain things, but ultimately it came down to what I enjoyed driving the most, because I'm the one driving it (In the ~7 months since I've had my new car, my wife has yet to drive it once :D)

If we got in to a situation where one of us was going to veto a purchase purely because of the badge on the car, I think we'd have bigger issues in our marriage. But neither one of us is very materialistic, so it really is never an issue.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
If we got in to a situation where one of us was going to veto a purchase purely because of the badge on the car, I think we'd have bigger issues in our marriage. But neither one of us is very materialistic, so it really is never an issue.
My wife isn't a "car person" and I wouldn't call her materialistic either (not suggesting anyone did, no feelings hurt), so it surprised me to hear she'd have an issue with a move from my current Integra to a CTR. We've talked about it a little more since then, and it sounds like she sees a move from an Acura to Honda as a sort of "step down", setting all the car person arguments of "the Integra is just a (nicer) Civic" and "an Acura is just a pricier Honda" aside, but if we're looking "big picture" this looks like a win for Honda/Acura in their quest to sell Acura to the masses as the more "premium" option.

Our purchasing dynamics were similar--she wanted a do-everything SUV with a third row and we're (I'm) Honda loyal, so we had the Pilot or MDX to choose from. The MDX eliminated itself rather easily since the third row is barely big enough for a child (what's up with that?).

I wanted a car (her Pilot feels like driving a school bus) with the fun of a manual. The Accord 2.0T and Civic HB manuals aren't enjoyable so not much fun, and I passed up on a '22 Si because it felt cheap inside (materialism on my part) and didn't have a hatch (practical-ish). If anyone made a concession, it's her since she doesn't (yet) drive stick and hates the idea of it ("Automatic transmissions exist, and they're easier... so why are we looking to make something more difficult?").

Tricky parking dynamics with a one-car-wide driveway, but if only one person can drive the car, it sure makes the Type-S' lack of memory seating less of an issue!

ronlp

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 CTR, 02 S2K, 98-92-89 Prelude, 90 CRX, +6 other
This post is specifically regarding the online pre-order I have (TEP). Once into that process, I'll inquire about their 'regular' allocations if it's not been updated.

Acura of Tempe (AZ): According to the GM, there will be no markups over msrp on the 4 pre-order reservations they received.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Exactly.

When we were shopping for my wife's vehicle, I offered my opinion on certain things, but the biggest takeaway was that she was comfortable driving the car, liked all the features, etc. It's the car she drives to work, so she should be comfortable with it.

When looking for my car, the roles were reversed. I asked for my wife's opinions on certain things, but ultimately it came down to what I enjoyed driving the most, because I'm the one driving it (In the ~7 months since I've had my new car, my wife has yet to drive it once :D)

Exactly.
Happy couple happy life.
I know it doesn't rhyme but it sure does matter.
I've been married 35+ years so... I know how to make it work.
Common sense on common ground and where we differ shouldn't hurt or effect the other.

Wooly4444

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Update for California Acura dealers

Spreen Acura- Riverside- 5-10k over “they don’t know”
Family Motors Acura- Bakersfield- 5k over
Marin Acura- Corte Madre- 5k over
Ball Acura- National City- 5k over

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Apex Blue Pearl Type-S (Reserved Pre-order)
Update for California Acura dealers

Spreen Acura- Riverside- 5-10k over “they don’t know”
Family Motors Acura- Bakersfield- 5k over
Marin Acura- Corte Madre- 5k over
Ball Acura- National City- 5k over
Any info on either Acura of Pleasanton or Concord?

Heyou87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr corolla
Any info on either Acura of Pleasanton or Concord?
Acura Pleasanton told me msrp as they are part of the Hendricks auto group. This group has a company wide policy of only doing msrp. My sales person said they usually make you do tint and nitrogen tires for like 1k though.

Concord told me they have yet to decide on a markup

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
According to some on here & the FB groups, there's dealers who have initially said they aren't marking up that have changed their minds.

@Integra23 - Courtesy in CO has backpedaled. Waiting to hear from others & will update.

IMG_0910.png

Last edited:

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
According to some on here & the FB groups, there's dealers who have initially said they aren't marking up that have changed their minds.

@Integra23 - Courtesy in CO has backpedaled. Waiting to hear from others & will update.

IMG_0910.png
To add a dealer,
Acura of Avon Ct has said they will sell me a Type S when I am ready later this year, Dec or Jan for MSRP.
The deal was we are also looking for an RDX, so if I buy both from this dealer, they will sell them to me at MSRP.
I know this may not help others who aren't looking for two vehicles, But it might be a strategy for others to consider.
there is no time limit, I made it clear it would be the better part of a year before I would be able to buy the RDX after taking delivery of the Type S, but they weren't bothered by that, so..
If it changes, Ill update this.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
To add a dealer,
Acura of Avon Ct has said they will sell me a Type S when I am ready later this year, Dec or Jan for MSRP.
The deal was we are also looking for an RDX, so if I buy both from this dealer, they will sell them to me at MSRP.
I know this may not help others who aren't looking for two vehicles, But it might be a strategy for others to consider.
there is no time limit, I made it clear it would be the better part of a year before I would be able to buy the RDX after taking delivery of the Type S, but they weren't bothered by that, so..
If it changes, Ill update this.
I appreciate that actually! Considering trading in my wife's Durango for a new Sequoia or grand Cherokee L but MDX type S isn't off the table even though it's likely more money.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
@Integra23 - another backpeddler in SC this time. McDaniels Acura.

IMG_0938.png

IMG_0937.png

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Some Oregon ones @Integra23 :

Ron Tonkin Acura - 5k
Markup on the initial 200 reservation than no mark up
Acura of Salem - 3k markup

CrashnSplash

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati Monster 900
Thought I'd share this with folks. I shopped around for a dealer that would sell at MSRP before I got my reservation, and made the reservation with a dealer who would. I'd also put in a deposit with a dealer that was adding markups for the first 200 but said they would charge MSRP for their later allocations.

When I called the dealer to refund my deposit after I made my reservation with the other dealer, the salesman talked to his manager and later told me they'd sell me the reserved car at sticker after all. They said I could contact Acura to have the reservation changed to them.

Of course I decided not to change dealers. Their loss of my business is the predictable and necessary consequence of their greed/stupidity.

I do want the community to know that, at least based on what this dealer told me, it seems possible to change the dealer you've designated in your reservation, at least at this stage before cars have been delivered. So for anyone worried about a dealer adding markups on their reserved car, you may want to shop around to find another who will sell you at sticker and see about changing your dealer. Even if you pay to ship the car, it'll be way less than the typical markup of $5k.