• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Key Fob Preferences Questions

NotAnAlltrack

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec Tech 6sp
Hey All, Another first world problem :rolleyes:

I have my preferences set up in the head unit so that when I open my driver's door with the handle/proximity sensor, ONLY my door unlocks. I do this because I drive the car alone about 95% of the time and I figure why wear all the locks when I don't need to. The other 5% is when my family rides along and they all get pissed when they need to wait about .5 seconds for me to manually open the other doors and I get pissed off when they're all pulling on a locked handle. (I said this was a first world problem).

Yes, i know i can reach into my pocket and open all the doors, but my specific question is this:

Are the preferences that are set up (like the door locks) only applicable to the fob I'm using or will this happen with the other fob also? Which leads to another question; can i simply use the other fob when with the family so that i can program the second fob with all doors opening?

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I have mine to set unlock all the doors for this exact reason (I also have a toddler so I'm the one complaining that I'd have to unlock twice just to open the rear door). If you're not worried about someone else entering your car as you get in when you're alone, what's the harm in having them all unlock?

I don't have an answer for you regarding the per-keyfob settings, but that's something you can probably test yourself in about 10 minutes. Open the door with one keyfob and enable the setting. Lock the door, put that fob away, get the other one, and repeat with the opposite setting. I have a feeling it's all or nothing. I could be wrong, but I think the only thing that will be tied to the keyfob is your seat settings.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Some settings transfer between fobs. Just test and report back.

faiam200

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
I have the same setup. So far, I haven't tested whether that configuration carries over between different key profiles, but what I do is, when I'm in a situation where more people are going to get in, I unlock it by using the front passenger's handle. That doesn't matter what the configuration is, it unlocks all the doors.