• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ITS owners -- what is your biggest surprise with the car so far?

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
The tank is so small because packaging. The car was designed around the 1.5t and the range in that is adequate. More boost and more displacement makes the tank shorter lived. These companies aren't thinking about what you want they are thinking about the best way to streamline manufacturing. Feel however you want about that.

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
Surprises me everytime. My old TL’s trunk wasn’t small but damn do I love the trunk space of the ITS

35DF342F-8228-466A-B375-B7A2E21E04D9.jpeg
Subtle “has Spam” brag. I’m impressed with the room too.

sarspants

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RSX-S
Bigger gas tank = more fuel weight which = less performance and worse gas mileage. Those are the only reasons I can come up with as to why they have such a small tank on this car. I have averaged 26.0 mpg in just over 1,000 miles which is much better than I was getting with the vehicle I replaced, but it feels much worse due to having to refuel more often.
A gallon of gas is only about 6 lbs. I don't think adding an extra 12-18 lbs to the weight of the car would have any appreciable difference in fuel economy and would only negatively affect the first 50 or so miles of the tank. You'll probably spend more money in gas with extra trips to the gas station than you would save with a little less weight.

winemaker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mazda CX5 (kids' beater car), 1955 T-bird
A gallon of gas is only about 6 lbs. I don't think adding an extra 12-18 lbs to the weight of the car would have any appreciable difference in fuel economy and would only negatively affect the first 50 or so miles of the tank. You'll probably spend more money in gas with extra trips to the gas station than you would save with a little less weight.
Yeah, you're right. That's not the reason. I'll go back to my original theory: I have no f****** clue why the gas tank is so small.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Yeah, you're right. That's not the reason. I'll go back to my original theory: I have no f****** clue why the gas tank is so small.
Because money. The cost would be significant to put a bigger or different size gas tank into an existing platform. It would require however much R&D for redesign to the chassis, additional complexity with having two different fuel tanks going on the same assembly line, in some cases changes like this require an OEM to have separate crash testing and EPA testing. A good example is the 04-06 Pontiac GTO compared to the Holden Monaro despite the GTOs huge size the trunk was small because the fuel tank had to be moved to meet US crash safety standards. At the end the number one answer is always money. Is it worth it for Acura to incur the additional cost per car for a change that has no ill effect on their sales? It's not.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Because money. The cost would be significant to put a bigger or different size gas tank into an existing platform. It would require however much R&D for redesign to the chassis, additional complexity with having two different fuel tanks going on the same assembly line, in some cases changes like this require an OEM to have separate crash testing and EPA testing. A good example is the 04-06 Pontiac GTO compared to the Holden Monaro despite the GTOs huge size the trunk was small because the fuel tank had to be moved to meet US crash safety standards. At the end the number one answer is always money. Is it worth it for Acura to incur the additional cost per car for a change that has no ill effect on their sales? It's not.
ITS and FL5 have a different fuel tank part number than the standard Civic... maybe for the larger center exhaust or possibly baffles to keep fuel from slushing around when tracking? Either way it's unique so why not make it 20% larger while their at it.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
ITS and FL5 have a different fuel tank part number than the standard Civic... maybe for the larger center exhaust or possibly baffles to keep fuel from slushing around when tracking? Either way it's unique so why not make it 20% larger while their at it.
Because there's no space in the chassis.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Surprises me everytime. My old TL’s trunk wasn’t small but damn do I love the trunk space of the ITS

35DF342F-8228-466A-B375-B7A2E21E04D9.jpeg
Mmmm...Reese's Puffs & Spam. Probably the only good this 🫃emoji is for. 🤣

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Mmmm...Reese's Puffs & Spam. Probably the only good this 🫃emoji is for. 🤣
It’s funny because one week after I got the ITS wife told me she’s pregnant again. I immediately sweat staring at the center cup holder and questioned if I made the right choice over getting a Toyota sienna…

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
It’s funny because one week after I got the ITS wife told me she’s pregnant again. I immediately sweat staring at the center cup holder and questioned if I made the right choice over getting a Toyota sienna…
Congratulations Henry!!! 😄🙏🏽😎

Can always do the rear seat swap to justify 🙃 I was literally limping in on Saturday afternoon recovering from my own v-day the morning before determined to bring that car home. 2 wild boys are plenty the tasks for us. 😄

I like the Sienna a lot too, as much as I hate to admit it. A good friend who move to Lake Tahoe who will never had kids was ironically the one person who told me not to knock the vans until I drive one & as luck would have it, I got 2 vans for rentals for work trips & was blown away. Went to the auto show in January & sat in several, but I'd say Toyota for the win in the that dept.

Last edited:

GravityGears

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Cons:
1. Black is difficult to keep clean, however a pro to that is I'm getting into shape cleaning it everyday.
2. Traction, this car is a rocket ship and it just rips
3. The sound system is good but not great. It's better than most cars but it will need upgrading. I upgraded the sub, I think the door speakers and tweeters will be next.
4. The Alcantera steering wheel is a bit slick so i went to Hobby lobby and picked up some leather 1/4 inch wrap and wrapped it for grip. If you look at my thumbnail you can see it.
5. After having the back apart i think they lost an opportunity to insulate the car better for noise and such. I'm guessing it was to keep the weight down. I'll be upgrading that as well.
6. I get a lot of torque steer when i'm ripping on it in corners. Not sure what i'll do about this yet.
7. insurance

Pros
1. Best car i have ever owned.
2. '' '' Driven
3. '' '' Raced
4. My Daughter told me this is my heart car, i didn't know what she meant. she said it's the car i have always wanted and just didn't know.

I have been through V8 Challengers, mustangs and a special edition Durango R/T etc.
There is not a vehicle in the world i would trade for this car.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Congratulations Henry!!! 😄🙏🏽😎

Can always do the rear seat swap to justify 🙃 I was literally limping in on Saturday afternoon recovering from my own v-day the morning before determined to bring that car home. 2 wild boys are plenty the tasks for us. 😄

I like the Sienna a lot too, as much as I hate to admit it. A good friend who move to Lake Tahoe who will never had kids was ironically the one person who told me not to knock the vans until I drive one & as luck would have it, I got 2 vans for rentals for work trips & was blown away. Went to the auto show in January & sat in several, but I'd say Toyota for the win in the that dept.
I’m certainly looking into seat swaps the way @Integra23 has done it. Problem is buying a set from wrecked cars isn’t that cheap and we’d never know what type of accidents those cars were in. I looked up OEM parts and there are many pieces I need to buy; don’t want to buy all the separate pieces and have to assemble it (quite pricey as well). But it’s something I’ll have to do eventually as there’s no way I’m putting a third car seat without proper seatbelts.

Lastly a bit sad I bought new car seats that are too wide so I’ll have to swap those out too. It’s a shame because I was so happy with them for just a few days lmao

CCD87AEA-20D5-4A48-9B80-C92B8E24E481.jpeg

76A36797-826E-491D-BCC6-C5EDA332BF00.jpeg

There’s no denying how practical and spacious the Sienna is. But I love the ITS and don’t be letting it go. Just have to be patient with mods and plan for a sienna down the road… 🤦‍♂️