• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
I’ve gotta say, that random colored trim piece on the passenger side looks weird/out of place. There’s no other red on the console/dash except for that piece.

It also looks like only the front seats get the suede insert, the back seats are full faux leather?
Yeah maybe it's the over-saturated photo but that red trim piece looks terrible.

Kkohl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kia Stinger Gt2
I’m torn af. I just got a Stinger GT2 in Jan and in some ways it would be a downgrade (wtf kind of bizarro world is this where I can make that statement lmao). That 6mt along with 320 hp is calling my name…

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Just signed up for an account and popping in to say I'm looking forward to the Integra Type S. My last 6 speed Type S (TL) was fantastic and I'm hoping I can continue the experience with this upcoming car.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’m torn af. I just got a Stinger GT2 in Jan and in some ways it would be a downgrade (wtf kind of bizarro world is this where I can make that statement lmao). That 6mt along with 320 hp is calling my name…
Oh I looked at those before buying my teggy. I just didn't want to pay that much for a KIA. Also everyone had horrible experiences with dealership service

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
Just signed up for an account and popping in to say I'm looking forward to the Integra Type S. My last 6 speed Type S (TL) was fantastic and I'm hoping I can continue the experience with this upcoming car.
How did you do that?

Kkohl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kia Stinger Gt2
Oh I looked at those before buying my teggy. I just didn't want to pay that much for a KIA. Also everyone had horrible experiences with dealership service
Haha yeah. My first service appointment is in May so we’ll see how that goes.
My trade in was paid off so I have positive equity but if I can’t get the same or lower APR it’d probably be better to get it paid off first. I think I’d be fine with less interior luxuries for the manual tranny but not if it’d be a terrible financial decision.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
How did you do that?
A 6 speed TL Type S? That car was a 4th generation lol. Unfortunately it was taken from me several years ago due to an accident. Still miss it to this day, just an all-around great car.

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
A 6 speed TL Type S? That car was a 4th generation lol. Unfortunately it was taken from me several years ago due to an accident. Still miss it to this day, just an all-around great car.
I mis-read your post. Sorry.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Has anyone heard about when reservations would open up?
I haven't started email blasting dealers yet, but I did call the closest one. They were absolutely clueless.

I feel like anything right now would be informal at best. The way I imagine it is you'd get put on a list at the receptionist' desk and maybe get a call a few days after more details around pricing is revealed. Maybe some dealers will be more proactive, or are somehow more exposed to the upcoming details, but for now it is a waiting game.

I think I read somewhere somebody told them they have 40+ people on their list already. That has to be absolute horseshit. Maybe 40 people for all models? No way I believe that...

But I also wouldn't put much stock on being told you're "#x" on a list either. Dealers play games, and most salespeople are stupid. It's an unfortunate reality I've discovered based on many interactions- and one I'm finding alarming because as frustrating as the dealership experience is, it is still a far drop from working with a Porsche SA vs pretty much any other brand. It's insane how little some people know about their jobs or the products they sell...

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
My local dealer told me online reservations open May 11th - has anybody else heard this? They also confirmed only 200 units will be available to start
I think this is the first May 11th has been put out there, but a Thursday or Friday launch for the reservation system would make sense--others have floated 200 units at launch, but my dealership couldn't confirm it.

I feel like anything right now would be informal at best. The way I imagine it is you'd get put on a list at the receptionist' desk and maybe get a call a few days after more details around pricing is revealed. Maybe some dealers will be more proactive, or are somehow more exposed to the upcoming details, but for now it is a waiting game.

I think I read somewhere somebody told them they have 40+ people on their list already. That has to be absolute horseshit. Maybe 40 people for all models? No way I believe that...
Unfortunately, your experience reserving a car is going to vary at every dealership--that goes for knowledge of the salespeople, their ethical practices, their organizational skills, but also their trustworthiness. It's a byproduct of these being independent businesses that get to operate with little oversight in an environment that's still unusually competitive.

Acura Columbus told me they've got a list of 40 for the Type-S, and while that would seem high for a car that hasn't been priced or released, I think it's very possible when considering a few factors:
  • Acura Columbus is a high-volume dealership, in a Honda/Acura-heavy market and they commit to MSRP--their closest competitors will mark up the Type-S.... and pretty much everything else from what I've seen.
  • Demand for the Type-R is still hot right now, supplies are limited, and markups are high--with the similarities between the Type-S and Type-R, I imagine plenty of people waiting on a Type-R that will likely be $5k-$15k over MSRP if they even get the chance to buy will consider a Type-S.
  • This is a list of people wanting to look at a Type-S--lookers and buyers are very different things. If Acura Columbus were taking a $1,000 non-refundable deposit from 40 people knowing they have 9 cars coming, I'd say it's awfully presumptuous and ethically questionable, but it sounds like they're only welcoming deposits from a handful of folks at the top of their list, and they're open about it being a refundable deposit.
It doesn't hurt to start reaching out to dealerships by phone or email--you can ask if they have a list, if they'll make a list, how long the list is, if they'll take your money for a deposit, how much they'd want as a deposit and whether or not they'll refund it if you walk, how many Type-S' they expect to receive, and if they'll commit to MSRP. If you don't like the answer to any question, you can always look further. If you get the feeling they're leading you, trying to pressure you, or making stuff up, follow your gut.