• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
The way I see it, price should marginally be higher than a Civic Type R… most people seems to think it has a lot more feature when it really doesn’t. It has heated seat… yeah well in Canada a civic LX has them so its not exactly a luxury feature, a better sound system for sure, leatherette back seat and a HUD. But you do lose the limited factor of the type R, the better Type-R seats, LOG-R app, Type-R mode in the cluster, shifting lights, a wing, behind the front wheel vents to extract brake heat, bigger cargo space. Thats quite the loss… the way I see it, price should be very close to the type R for the ITS. I really like the type-S but the rear vents and usb missing is strange in a luxury brand car and the no memory seat feature is even worse !! At least in the type R seats are manual … I prefer manual seat if no memory to be honest. I guess I should buy a fl5 but its not possible in Canada, they are sold out. You also have to realise i’m in Canada so mark up are less a thing here so MSRP is the only thing that matter.

Edit :ITS also have parking sensors. If I don’t use them on my ridgeline, pretty sure I would not on an integra but its a feature the FL5 doesnt have

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The way I see it, price should marginally be higher than a Civic Type R… most people seems to think it has a lot more feature when it really doesn’t. It has heated seat… yeah well in Canada a civic LX has them so its not exactly a luxury feature, a better sound system for sure, leatherette back seat and a HUD. But you do lose the limited factor of the type R, the better Type-R seats, LOG-R app, Type-R mode in the cluster, shifting lights, a wing, behind the front wheel vents to extract brake heat, bigger cargo space. Thats quite the loss… the way I see it, price should be very close to the type R for the ITS. I really like the type-S but the rear vents and usb missing is strange in a luxury brand car and the no memory seat feature is even worse !! At least in the type R seats are manual … I prefer manual seat if no memory to be honest. I guess I should buy a fl5 but its not possible in Canada, they are sold out. You also have to realise i’m in Canada so mark up are less a thing here so MSRP is the only thing that matter.
Memory seats aren't a huge loss.. they never seemed to work well and I had to re-save my seat setting every few days
Also loses power passenger seat

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
Memory seats aren't a huge loss.. they never seemed to work well and I had to re-save my seat setting every few days
Well … mine works perfect on my Ridgeline… love them… I guess its not a big loss if they don’t work well, but when they do its great !

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I really like the type-S but the rear vents and usb missing is strange in a luxury brand car and the no memory seat feature is even worse !! At least in the type R seats are manual … I prefer manual seat if no memory to be honest.
I agree with you 100%.

If the driver seat doesn’t have memory, then don’t make it power. It’s just adds weight, and is slower to adjust than a manual seat.

My TLX has power and memory seats, and it’s nice because I can press a button, and have the seats and mirrors adjust to the saved setting automatically. But with no memory button, just give me a manual seat. I can adjust it faster than a power seat.

There are a lot of things I like about the DE5, but a lot of things just leave me scratching my head for something that’ll cost nearly $50k…

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
They work flawlessly in my TLX. It’s nice to have the seat position and mirror position tied together at the press of a button. It also is tied to the key fob, so I can use Key 1 and have it set to my settings, and my wife can use Key 2 and have it set to her settings. When you walk up to the car, it knows what key is present, and automatically adjusts the seats and mirrors when you open the door.

If they are doing away with the memory driver seat, just make the driver seat manual. It saves weight, and is faster to adjust than a power seat.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
The lack of memory seats and powered passenger seat bothers me. Not deal breakers but takes away from differentiation with Type R. One of the things I really like when I test drove the A-spec was the seats automatically moving back when you open the door. I’m guessing that’s gone with no memory seat. If it is a cost saving move the MSRP better be closer to the CTR's...

Last edited:

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
The lack of memory seats and powered passenger seat bothers me. Not deal breakers but takes away from differentiation with Type R. One of the things I really like when I test drove the A-spec was the seats automatically moving back when you open the door. I’m guessing that’s gone with no memory seat.
this is why Acura will be a bottom tier luxury brand. Honestly if it wasn’t for the Type R, I would have never considered this brand. My gti has things like a strut supported hood, aluminum dead pedal, illuminated door sills, A pillar wrapped in cloth, rear air vents. A 50k car should have all these features and more. Hell even a 30k Elantra has a full interior ambient lighting with changeable colors. It’s the little things above and beyond that makes a car luxury and feel special. if it wasn’t for the sublime driving experience, I would not consider the brand due to lack of features.

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I’d still say Acura is a “premium” brand. “Luxury” is a bit out of reach. They’re right on the cusp of equalizing the playing field with just a few minor adjustments. Hopefully they’ll get there quickly.

I find it hard to believe that the standard Integra & other Type S models have these features & this model wouldn’t. I’ll continue to hope that some of these items will be on the production models vs what we saw yesterday. 🤞🏽

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I’d still say Acura is a “premium” brand. “Luxury” is a bit out of reach. They’re right on the cusp of equalizing the playing field with just a few minor adjustments. Hopefully they’ll get there quickly.

I find it hard to believe that the standard Integra & other Type S models have these features & this model wouldn’t. I’ll continue to hope that some of these items will be on the production models vs what we saw yesterday. 🤞🏽
premium brand or luxury. Acura doesn’t seem to try to compete and reflects in such low sales. Genesis is the up and coming brand that gives you more than whats expected for your money when it comes to design and features.

ChiroCale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
The lack of memory seats and powered passenger seat bothers me. Not deal breakers but takes away from differentiation with Type R. One of the things I really like when I test drove the A-spec was the seats automatically moving back when you open the door. I’m guessing that’s gone with no memory seat. If it is a cost saving move the MSRP better be closer to the CTR's...
Some of the lacking features are frustrating. My wife’s 2018 CRV has memory seats, usb’s everywhere, panoramic sunroof, heated steering wheel etc. However, similar to the original Integra type R, the money for the type S went into performance, exhaust and an overall emotional driving experience. If I remember correctly, the original Integra type R was pretty stripped down. Obviously there are cheaper cars (Elantra N) that offer lots of bang (and pops 😉) for the money but…. Or you can spend more money and get a car that has the performance and luxury (Mercedes, Porsche…). All said though, imo this car looks mental! Can’t wait to get one! I’m definitely biased because I’m a big a Honda/Acura fan. Seems like it’s been so long since Honda has made exciting cars that aren’t out of reach $$$ like the NSX.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I remember correctly, the original Integra type R was pretty stripped down.
I re-read C&D’s review of the 1997 Type R this morning. Air conditioning was a dealer-installed option 😆. Still, a curious choice for the Type S to lose small things the A-Spec has, when the A-Spec is already lacking compared to its competitors.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I re-read C&D’s review of the 1997 Type R this morning. Air conditioning was a dealer-installed option 😆. Still, a curious choice for the Type S to lose small things the A-Spec has, when the A-Spec is already lacking compared to its competitors.
original teg type R was a stripped out track special with hand built engine. Can’t compare.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
premium brand or luxury. Acura doesn’t seem to try to compete and reflects in such low sales. Genesis is the up and coming brand that gives you more than whats expected for your money when it comes to design and features.
Yup… Genesis is really doing a great job these days, but you won’t catch me in one 😂 but imagine if Acura was as sharp as them in the features aspect, while maintaining the advantage they have in driving dynamics. From the exterior design standpoint, I must say Acura made a huge leap forward in the last couple years. All their products looks pretty sharp… but interior and included features are lacking