• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Looks like dealers have some in transit

Screenshot_20230606-192344.png

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I wonder if this is the pre-orders, demo units, or allottments
Not all of them list color combos, but those that do say they're White--so they're not from the reservation system, safe to assume they're demo vehicles.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Not all of them list color combos, but those that do say they're White--so they're not from the reservation system, safe to assume they're demo vehicles.
The one above is for Red

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The one above is for Red
Yeah Naperville's post now says Performance Red--the others are White. Here are the VINs listed:

• 19UDE5G98RA000146
  • 19UDE5G97RA000218 (the one listed as Performance Red)
  • 19UDE5G97RA000249
  • 19UDE5G91RA000392
  • 19UDE5G92RA000126
A lot more to learn, but this (if the numbers are accurate) suggests the reservation system vehicles may not have production numbers (last handful of digits) in the first 200.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
Considering how many cars they have for the media drive, plus I am sure they have a bunch of employees running around in them as well for validation testing there was no way they were doing 1-200 VIN numbers for those cars. Nothing special about the 200 other than they might show up before regular inventory.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Considering how many cars they have for the media drive, plus I am sure they have a bunch of employees running around in them as well for validation testing there was no way they were doing 1-200 VIN numbers for those cars. Nothing special about the 200 other than they might show up before regular inventory.
Ehhhhh... I'd say the number at the end of the VIN is totally subjective... but very long term might having a car that you can say was in the first X built be material to its value? Sure.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
Ehhhhh... I'd say the number at the end of the VIN is totally subjective... but very long term might having a car that you can say was in the first X built be material to its value? Sure.
Unless Acura is providing that documentation there would be no way to validate that. Since these arent numbered and will be mass produced I dont forsee a low vin number adding any sort of value.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Unless Acura is providing that documentation there would be no way to validate that. Since these arent numbered and will be mass produced I dont forsee a low vin number adding any sort of value.
Well the last 6 digits are supposed to connote production order, so Acura technically provides that right out of the gate--regardless, it's all speculative and subjective. Hard to say if/when these will be rare and highly desired, but anything could play a factor.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Just made another post about comparing to Porsche so now I definitely feel like that guy... but I still feel it's relevant.

I strongly suggest that no one even lets the concept of future value cross your mind. People have been doing that for years in the Porsche world. The latest talks I have had to deal with is the 4.0 cars being "the last naturally aspirated Porsche flat 6"- but it goes deeper than that. Everybody wants to think they have a future classic... but it dampens the experience IMO, even if true. At best, you'll make what, a few extra grand? That's not life-changing money. These aren't vintage Ferraris and never will be. At worst, you'll drive it less and stress out for every scuff and scratch, and then be disappointed when it's time to move on from it.

Buy and enjoy a car for you, not the next owner.

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
That is very well said, @optronix. Having had a number of nice cars that I was nervous about taking out to a nice dinner due to someone dinging them I’ve come to the same realization - they’re cars. Just drive them and enjoy.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Healthy mindset - these cars might hold value better than an average car, but the beauty of the car is the usability of it in my opinion. So you've got to use it, or you're missing the entire point.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Just made another post about comparing to Porsche so now I definitely feel like that guy... but I still feel it's relevant.

I strongly suggest that no one even lets the concept of future value cross your mind. People have been doing that for years in the Porsche world. The latest talks I have had to deal with is the 4.0 cars being "the last naturally aspirated Porsche flat 6"- but it goes deeper than that. Everybody wants to think they have a future classic... but it dampens the experience IMO, even if true. At best, you'll make what, a few extra grand? That's not life-changing money. These aren't vintage Ferraris and never will be. At worst, you'll drive it less and stress out for every scuff and scratch, and then be disappointed when it's time to move on from it.

Buy and enjoy a car for you, not the next owner.
Also potentially if these cars do gain a few thousand in value, you might pay more for insurance than you would have if they depreciated more normally, and over many years, end up not actually ahead.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Also potentially if these cars do gain a few thousand in value, you might pay more for insurance than you would have if they depreciated more normally, and over many years, end up not actually ahead.
These won't appreciate. The CTR has demand and I have a feeling the value of this drops 10k in the first year.

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
These won't appreciate. The CTR has demand and I have a feeling the value of this drops 10k in the first year.
I tend to agree, not sure about 10k but i think the market for the type S after the early adopters get theirs will shadow wherever the type R goes. I have a feeling you'll be able to grab one under msrp after a year or two but we'll see