• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Do you guys think there will be a rear brace behind the seats like TLX Type S? As much as id like it, I feel like it would detract from the hatchback space versatility. Maybe it will be removeable.
I don't think it will come with a rear brace. Maybe a dealer installed option?
Not many hatchbacks have oem rear braces. Most 2 seater special edition hot hatches have it, but regular mass production versions of them don't. In fact, the only example that I can think of right now is the i30N with performance package. It's not the same one you see on sedans tho.
Most of the fancy hot hatches seem to have no problem without the brace so I don’t see why Acura would need it.

But Acura loves adding weird bespoke touches on the type S cars so I guess we'll just have to wait and see lol

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Ok so I was giving this some thought last night and it kind of made sense in my head.

After being cancelled in 2021 due to COVID-19 Honda will be the title sponsor for the Suzuka GP (Oct 9th). Honda owns the Suzuka GP and many of the Civic Type R test videos have been on this track.

Honda has also only confirmed that the 2022 Civic Type R will DEBUT in 2022 not production. They may potentially utilize this weekend to debut the car and get some videos and reactions of F1/Honda affiliated drivers taking it out for a lap etc.

What that means for us Teggy people is that I wouldn't except to see anything Integra Type S related until probably Winter 2023 with a debut in the spring and release in the summer of 2023.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Do you guys think there will be a rear brace behind the seats like TLX Type S? As much as id like it, I feel like it would detract from the hatchback space versatility. Maybe it will be removeable.
Maybe we design a quick-release removable performance one.

Spike238

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Acura Integra GSR , 2008 Mazda 3 GT
Don't see a "Type S" Integra in the lineup , To expensive , with every sales person pointing at the TLX for those that feel the need for speed ,

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
Ya I don't see where a Integra type-s would land price wise to make it a good buy. It would be priced higher than a civic type r....because it's an Acura. And then you're just into a whole bunch of new competition in that price category.
In Canada, a 2021 civic type r msrp was 46~k..a 6MT integra is 45k....imagine a type-s going for close to 50k. I have a TON of options for that price range!

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Don't see a "Type S" Integra in the lineup , To expensive , with every sales person pointing at the TLX for those that feel the need for speed ,
They unveiled the Integra in yellow so I don't see why they wouldn't offer that as an option unless it was on the Type S

Hand soap

First Name
Gg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Prelude
Th
They unveiled the Integra in yellow so I don't see why they wouldn't offer that as an option unless it was on the Type S
I believe I read that the yellow was in homage to the ITR

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
I think the Type S variant needs to see over 300 hp, I can't see it with any less.

I would be a price tag in the low $40's. and I am not looking forward to the crazy dealer markups will see. You know some A-hole of a dealer will be asking like 80-90k for them.
They can put a special badge on those cars: AHole Spec. Agree the markup will be intolerable.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Had a dream last night. It was wild 😆

At the supermarket I found a can of soup and the label had promo stuff for the integra.

It showed a type s with 310hp and also a type s rs with shawd and 350hp. Felt so real lol.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
It's quite strange they haven't said anything about the ITS yet.
They hid the TLX-S well enough but the announcement itself actually happened before the base TLX's launch.
MDX-S was unveiled with the base MDX.
Why are they so quiet about the ITS? It was clearly on the model release plan thing so we all know they are/were working on it.
I really hope they don't pull "STI" on this.

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It's quite strange they haven't said anything about the ITS yet.
They hid the TLX-S well enough but the announcement itself actually happened before the base TLX's launch.
MDX-S was unveiled with the base MDX.
Why are they so quiet about the ITS? It was clearly on the model release plan thing so we all know they are/were working on it.
I really hope they don't pull "STI" on this.
But what's the rush? They've been busy--they announced the Integra 9 months ago, continued making the ILX into this year, and have already begun shipping Integras to dealerships despite rampant supply chain issues in a market that's overheated for both new and used cars.

Plus, they made the MDX and TLX for how many years before they dropped the Type S? The Integra was in the US for how many years before we got the Type R? Not saying we should have to wait that long again, but things take time. They benefit from drawing it out, the continuous press is good, and they aren't going to do anything that competes with the Summer unveil of the Civic Type R. Just my thoughts.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
It’s simple. You unveil the higher performance model along side the base and people will wait till the Type S comes out. This actually affected TLX Sales because both Base and Type S were unveiled at the same time only thing only the base power levels were unveiled while the 3.0T didn’t. So doing it this way is better then unveiling both at the same time.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I’m just happy there isn’t much else to choose from right now, so the wait to see what they will actually give us isn’t so painful.

Hopefully late summer/fall we will see a reveal.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
We will see what model year maybe a 24 or a 25. Either way I will be upgrading from the A spec. No sense waiting when you can get an all around nice ride now.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
We will see what model year maybe a 24 or a 25. Either way I will be upgrading from the A spec. No sense waiting when you can get an all around nice ride now.
I agree with the model year, will probably be delayed until a 24 launch of a 25 model year.

To contribute to the predictions,
For the Integra type s spec, I'd hedge on it having the same engine as the civic type-r and multi-piston Brembo or comparable brakes. I doubt Acura originally planned a manual Integra type s. If they see enough demand in other segments (GR Corolla, Z, Supra, etc.) they may offer it. I expect it to be reasonably comfortable on regular roads, and not nearly as track specialized compared to the civic type r. The existing chassis and suspension were probably designed with a type s in mind from the beginning, which could help with cost.

The Integra was priced to be competitive as an entry luxury car, not to compete with the civic si/type r. Luckily the TLX type s already undercuts the price of a similarly equipped S3, M3, or AMG CLA. The Integra type s will likely remain a few thousand cheaper than the TLX type s, with more power and better handling than a base TLX, but less power than the TLX type s. I suspect it'll be low-mid 40s (US) if they don't add SH-AWD or mid-upper 40s (US) if they do. If I'm wrong about the price and not offering a manual, I'd jump on a type s. At the price I expect, while it will be extremely competitive for the market it competes in, it would need some real value adds for me personally.

As a couple curveballs, I think the type s will get the larger panoramic roof that was displayed on the Chinese Honda Integra announcement, and the material on Honda's China Website. They might add ventilated seats, along with including heated steering. Also, after repeated comments from reviewers and launching in other markets, they may rework the center console to allow AC vents for the rear seat, but that is less likely.

I'm just glad we got the Si power numbers for our 1.5L, China is getting the regular Civic power output.

2022-honda-integra-cn.jpg