• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Inconsistent exhaust sound between base and a spec models?

224int6mt

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6mt
Hey everyone,

My A spec 6mt is supposed to arrive in a couple weeks, but watching some reviews online. I'm a little confused about the stock exhaust sound. I'm seeing exhaust clips with a nice deep tone and burbles and others with that ugly vaccum exhaust sound you'd expect from any economy i4. Does the exhaust sound change between a spec and base models? Or between manuals and cvts? Or is there some kind of production inconsistency going on. I really hope to have the deep tone and burbles when I get mine.

Here's some examples of what I mean:

Exhaust clip with slight deep tone

Ugly Vaccum Sound

Perfect deep tone I hope mine has

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
The B (mid) pipes are different between CVT and 6MT transmissions. Everything else is the same...

There are 2 resonators in the CVT model as opposed to one smaller one in the manual vehicles...

Check out the diagrams where you can see a noticeable difference in the mid pipe...

CVT

1689704320970.png

6MT

1689704517914.png

So, the audible differences you're hearing are coming from those components being different, not the trim level of the vehicle but the transmission. You can see where Joe has a manual in the first video, a CVT in the second and another manual in the 3rd video. Hope this helps,

-G

OP
OP

224int6mt

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6mt
The B (mid) pipes are different between CVT and 6MT transmissions. Everything else is the same...

There are 2 resonators in the CVT model as opposed to one smaller one in the manual vehicles...

Check out the diagrams where you can see a noticeable difference in the mid pipe...

CVT

1689704320970.png

6MT

1689704517914.png

So, the audible differences you're hearing are coming from those components being different, not the trim level of the vehicle but the transmission. You can see where Joe has a manual in the first video, a CVT in the second and another manual in the 3rd video. Hope this helps,

-G
Wow this is very helpful. Thank you. I wonder if the less restrictive exhaust also translates to any more extra power even if its a negligible 2 or 3 horses

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
I'm unaware of any power differences between the two, as Acura has them both listed at 200HP and 192LB/FT.

The EPA estimates differ slightly however...

CVT - 30 City / 37 HWY / 33 Combined

6MT - 26 City / 36 HWY / 30 Combined

-G

Finpro807

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A Spec
I have a CVT one. Can I mod mine to give it something closer to 6mt exhaust note by deleting one of the two stock resonators? And if so, should I delete the smaller one upstream or the larger one downstream?

I really like the 3rd one from OP's clip. I wonder why Acura put different exhaust setups in CVT and 6mt...

Finpro807

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A Spec

CVT

1689704320970.png

6MT

1689704517914.png

-G
How restrictive is the stock resonator? If I swap it to a Vibrant 12" or 18" bottle style, would it make any difference to the sound (exhaust tone or volume) from inside or outside the cabin?