• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Holy $#@!! Check out Que the Chaotic's dealership experience

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
First I am not making any excuses for that manager. Probably needs decaf and to retire soon.

My BMW service manger videos the car on his own when you park it in the service intake line. Think about that. They feel the need to video because they have had situations where asshat customers claim damage that wasn't there, and that is a higher $ demographic and luxury dealer by volume etc...so its not just dealerships, and we don't know who that guy had dealt with that day. Not an excuse, but consider it a possibility.

For many, having a camera record you while you are working is not comfortable and can raise your anxiety. Que sounds very calm and kudos to him for not raising his voice which I think many of us would (anyone from the NY/NJ/CT/RI/MA, me included :D)

Just think about what you are doing prior and yes, always always always do a video circle of your car prior to dropping it *anywhere*. Same for renting a car, as most have some sort of cosmetic damage and some will try to get you to pay for it. Shitty but it happens.

Then you can calmly show someone a video if need be, that things were fine and let the video do the talking for you :)
This is a good point. I honestly don't know how I'd react in that situation of a customer filming everything. I can't imagine myself actually pulling out a camera and filming an interaction like that though. That feels like a gen z thing- they film everything they do and put it on the internet. Feels like it invites confrontation.

Speaking of which.

My brother for your sake I worry for the health of your keyboard — try to wipe the Anger Sweat off of your hands before you quote me in order to prolong its life.

To answer your question: one of the Honda dealers in my area is great and both of the Acura dealers suck.
Glad you could join us! I've missed our friendly banter.

Actually you hit the nail on the head. It's a fallacy to think that Acura dealers are ALL better than Honda. My personal experience is that my local Honda dealer is trash, but my Acura service department is pretty solid. It really does get down to the leadership of whatever dealer you're working with, and if it's a well run shop by a competent manager, you'll be taken care of.

I guess we'll see if my judgement is correct with my Acura dealer in the next week or so when I get my car in for this noise...

UQ35D4.gif

See? I can admit when I have a shit take.

OP
OP
Brittania

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry
I've been thinking about getting a dashcam long before I bought my FL5. Hardwired, cloud connected. The sheer number of times I've had to react to avoid accidents in the past 5 years is mind boggling. The drivers are only getting worse, and from my limited travels it seems the area I live in has relatively decent drivers compared to some places where it feels like you've been teleported onto the set of Mad Max. This just put the nail in the coffin for me.

The Honda dealership I bought my car from gives off a lot of the same vibes I got from watching Que's video but they gave me a great price. They'll never see my car again though. I think it's fair to expect better service from Acura than Honda, it just doesn't happen 100% of the time across 100s if not 1000s of dealers.

As to Que's bumper, I believe it was fine before they installed the illuminated emblem, and only became misaligned after. I recall him mentioning that in one of his earlier videos.

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
I have a dash cam in every single one of my cars. There are WAY too many idiots out there nowadays and you need evidence when they do something stupid and blame you.

On Que's video, Acura needs to do something (or the store's owner at a minimum) as that dealership is a total s-show. I'd be so pissed.

sgroll

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra A-Spec Tech 6spd, '18 GTI, 66 Mustang
So much to unpack here.

All the shit that happened in that video, and the wheel rash is the main thing everyone is mad at? That's at worst like a $100 repair. It is staggering how the idiot service manager didn't just take care of it but literally everything else in the video is more noteworthy than the curb rash.

First of all, that oil leak is horrendous! I've never seen anything like that on a car with less than at least 50k miles on it... dear god I hope it isn't a widespread issue with these engines... And it took them several attempts to correctly diagnose... and he was going to wait at the dealership on a repair like that? Do people do this? That alone blows my mind... that someone is actually willing to consider waiting in a dealership lobby for their car's head to be taken apart? ... What!??!

The bumper alignment makes me want to throw up. Why does he keep asking people on YouTube to comment on it? He has to know it's fucked up. It's embarrassing to even look at, and they damn sure didn't even attempt to "fix" it.

I don't give a FLYING FUCK about this dude's uber ride, what the hell was even that? I guess I have a low tolerance for irrelevant shit like that with these "creators" but come on. I think I remember trying to watch one of this dude's videos before but couldn't make it through it. Makes sense now. I made it through this one, at least. The "train wreck" analogy comes to mind.

But seriously, back to that oil leak. It was POURING oil all over the place, on a brand new car... and according to that barely legible write up, they replaced the entire head???! For a couple o-rings???? WHAT. THE. FUCK!?

And then they didn't even put any oil back in it or change the filter, with 20% life left hahahahahahaha, what the fuck dimension was this video filmed in? (although if he didn't specifically ask for a line item for scheduled maintenance, that's actually on him- why would they reset the light if they didn't change the filter? And why would they change the filter at 20% if he didn't ask for it? Car still needs oil to run though, so no, no excuse for that lol)

Anyway, personal preference of the type of YouTube content I prefer aside, yes this dealership is an absolute shit show. I'm going to have to take me car in soon... the "wastegate rattle noise" has just seeped into my consciousness and I need them to at least tell me it's normal- also my seat is making noise- so I watched this whole video to get a sense of how bad it can get... but I don't think we all have to worry about having a dealer work on our cars under warranty. This is just a terrible, terrible dealer. Probably the worst in the country. And I hope he does get some reconciliation for this- but he's going to have to do more than expect "Acura" to watch his video, he needs to contact Acura North America, and this service manager needs to get purged back to Firestone or Moe's discount muffler shop where he fucking belongs.

And FFS who really thinks you'll have any better experience at a Honda dealership? Seriously- explain yourself. That's a clown take, bro.
You missed the part where his buddy asks, "Does it have a dipstick on these things?" and "They might not even have a dipstick on these things." Cue says, "Uhhh, do we even have a dipstick?" How long has he owned it???? I'll bet the oil level is the same as when he drove in. No excuse for the dealer not checking it though. Then he leaves the dealer with no oil on the dipstick...WTF?

Unfortunately, this beautiful car is doomed with the owner's lack of knowledge. You see an oil leak, the first thing you do before driving it to the dealer is check the oil level.

Also, no defense of the dealer here. They are unprofessional at best and who even knows what they are at worst?!

Bad dealer + Bad owner = Abused car and unhappy future 2nd owner

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
You missed the part where his buddy asks, "Does it have a dipstick on these things?" and "They might not even have a dipstick on these things." Cue says, "Uhhh, do we even have a dipstick?" How long has he owned it???? I'll bet the oil level is the same as when he drove in. No excuse for the dealer not checking it though. Then he leaves the dealer with no oil on the dipstick...WTF?

Unfortunately, this beautiful car is doomed with the owner's lack of knowledge. You see an oil leak, the first thing you do before driving it to the dealer is check the oil level.

Also, no defense of the dealer here. They are unprofessional at best and who even knows what they are at worst?!

Not to mention they don't really have to fiddle with the handbrake, it automatically releases when you move. They probably designed it that way so it's idiot proof.

sgroll

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra A-Spec Tech 6spd, '18 GTI, 66 Mustang
Not to mention they don't really have to fiddle with the handbrake, it automatically releases when you move. They probably designed it that way so it's idiot proof.
Someone needs to rescue that Type S from this guy. He is going to destroy it on thei week's episode of YouTube Gone Wrong...🤣

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Someone needs to rescue that Type S from this guy. He is going to destroy it on thei week's episode of YouTube Gone Wrong...🤣
This sounds like the new social media "Car Guy" formula. Finance the latest car being pushed by the media, then dump on a load of shit mods, generally not knowing what the fuck you're doing, and drive like an ass for content. When views start to tumble, make your rage video for more views, collect that fat YouTube payout to trade for something else and start the cycle all over again.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Thanks for keeping me honest- and no, I most certainly didn't miss these things, there was just so many other things that I had to call out that I just inadvertently left those out.

Not to say that either of these things were "little" things! Who doesn't even know there's a dipstick when you have a MASSIVE oil leak!!? And how are you going to call out multiple times how "he didn't know how to release the parking brake" when it releases automatically?

Just... wow. That was just an unbearable video on every level imaginable. But people watch "content" like this on a regular basis. THAT is the hardest part for me to wrap my head around.

If I was half as smart as I pretend to be, I'd start a YT channel that's just me reacting to terrible YT car videos.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
If I was half as smart as I pretend to be, I'd start a YT channel that's just me reacting to terrible YT car videos.
Do it! I will watch the shit out of that, subscribe to your Patreon, only-fans, whatever just make it salty.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
I'm with the camp that prefer to avoid going to the dealer for service but I was tired of my wife insisting that I take advantage of it. Unless it is for warranty work, it won't happen again, ever.

Last week, I decided to replace the oil with a premium one for my peace of mind. After removing the aluminum pan, I noticed the same signs that "Que the Chaotic" had seen on his car. I followed the trail, consulted a K20C engine diagram, and discovered that the leak seemed to be coming from the vacuum pump area.

I took the car back to the dealer on Saturday. They cleaned the area and added a dye to help identify the leak. They returned the car to me to drive for a week or so, and I will need to bring it back later for them to properly identify the source and order the correct parts. I'm okay with that approach.

One thing I will make sure to do next time is to record a video of the exterior of the car right before handing the keys to the service technician.

Check your engines as a couple of FL5 and DE5 models have been experiencing issues with valve cover/vacuum pump oil leaks.

IMG_7488.jpeg

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm with the camp that prefer to avoid going to the dealer for service but I was tired of my wife insisting that I take advantage of it. Unless it is for warranty work, it won't happen again, ever.

Last week, I decided to replace the oil with a premium one for my peace of mind. After removing the aluminum pan, I noticed the same signs that "Que the Chaotic" had seen on his car. I followed the trail, consulted a K20C engine diagram, and discovered that the leak seemed to be coming from the vacuum pump area.

I took the car back to the dealer on Saturday. They cleaned the area and added a dye to help identify the leak. They returned the car to me to drive for a week or so, and I will need to bring it back later for them to properly identify the source and order the correct parts. I'm okay with that approach.

One thing I will make sure to do next time is to record a video of the exterior of the car right before handing the keys to the service technician.

Check your engines as a couple of FL5 and DE5 models have been experiencing issues with valve cover/vacuum pump oil leaks.

IMG_7488.jpeg
Yeah. That's depressing, but thanks for the validation. It does appear to be an issue on these cars.

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
That's a bummer to see. I stuck my cell phone camera down in the same spot on mine and its all clean, no signs of oil there yet. 🤞 Would you mind sharing your build date?

I noticed Que's car in the youtube video had an "in service" date of July 2023, so he was probably in the very earliest batch of cars. I picked my personal car up at the end of September 2023, a day after it was delivered at the dealer.

Maybe we can figure out if its just a narrow range of engines that were assembled with a bad part or bad gasket/o-ring?

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
That's a bummer to see. I stuck my cell phone camera down in the same spot on mine and its all clean, no signs of oil there yet. 🤞 Would you mind sharing your build date?

I noticed Que's car in the youtube video had an "in service" date of July 2023, so he was probably in the very earliest batch of cars. I picked my personal car up at the end of September 2023, a day after it was delivered at the dealer.

Maybe we can figure out if its just a narrow range of engines that were assembled with a bad part or bad gasket/o-ring?
Bought mine the first week of August so no doubt is July 23 too.