• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Congrats, that red looks great. I also watched your entire video last evening and am happy to see a fellow long-time Honda fan acquire this car and be super-stoked with it.

Subscribed and looking forward to seeing and hearing about the incoming mods.

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
amazing photos, cool to see a dmv person. If a white/red somehow lands up at your dealership, let me know :D

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link
NSXavier
Nice rides.. Saw you video and kinda laughed when you said you were not gonna let the guys at the dealership you work at touch it.

I have some conflicting info and was wondering if you have the correct info about new car detailing.
Most say that you need to wait at least 2 weeks before doing any kinda of wash on a new car.. (assuming that time starts after paint at factory)
And most others say you need to a full decon, wash and wax as soon as you get the car?
your thoughts?
Thanks
Lol yea.. It's not that I have anything against them at all.. I just have some really weird trust issues when it comes to my cars. Generally I'm ok with washing a new car just as long as nothing is sealed in afterwards like wax or ceramic coating, PPF... but even then I'm sure it would be fine. My car goes in for tint and cermaic coating next weekend!

The red is so nice. Great choice. I wish you many happy years of motoring away!

Also, that Turbo Porsche isn't too bad to look at either :p
The 997 Turbo is getting jealous that I've been enjoying the DE5 more than her. I'll have to give her some attention this coming weekend.

Congrats Xavier. I watched your YouTube video last night. Looks like you're really enjoying your new DE5. While I realize you're already in the mix, if you ever need anything your guys may not have up there at Criswell, give me a shout. Hope all is well, take care.

-G
Thank you!

Congrats, that red looks great. I also watched your entire video last evening and am happy to see a fellow long-time Honda fan acquire this car and be super-stoked with it.

Subscribed and looking forward to seeing and hearing about the incoming mods.
Thanks! The video got a very positive response and did a lot better than I thought it would. Who would have known listening to some dude ramble for 45 minutes would be worth watching. LOL. but anyway, I will keep making more videos on the car (and the 997) here and there.

amazing photos, cool to see a dmv person. If a white/red somehow lands up at your dealership, let me know :D
There is a White with red guts DE5 here now on the showroom floor!

IMG_3028.jpeg

IMG_3029.jpeg

Last edited:

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
Thanks! The video got a very positive response and did a lot better than I thought it would. Who would have known listening to some dude ramble for 45 minutes would be worth watching. LOL. but anyway, I will keep making more videos on the car (and the 997) here and there.
You never called it "Teggy" so I decided to stick around. ;) How long have you been at C.C Acura?

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
Would you mind if us locals requested you to do any work on our ITS if we came to your dealer?

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link
Would you mind if us locals requested you to do any work on our ITS if we came to your dealer?
Sure. Just ask for Xavier. Anything warranty related will be done at the dealership. Any COD maintenance / repair or modifications will be done at my own “workshop” (pictured).

796C909B-93A4-4126-B544-5E97CEF560C7.jpeg

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
Oh nice, You work out of your own home too? I would much rather do that than bring it in to a dealer setting. (warranty work aside)

Masada25S

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Now: None; Future: Passport/Pilot + DE5
She's gorgeous!
Not a red guy, I feel like it's too flashy... But this is so incredibly attractive.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
She's gorgeous!
Not a red guy, I feel like it's too flashy... But this is so incredibly attractive.
He sold it... But still has that yellow one.

Masada25S

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Now: None; Future: Passport/Pilot + DE5
What!? Wow. Wonder why, maybe too much having two DE5s.
Rather have kept the red over that ugly tigereye, if that's what you mean by the yellow one.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
What!? Wow. Wonder why, maybe too much having two DE5s.
Rather have kept the red over that ugly tigereye, if that's what you mean by the yellow one.
Lol. His Yellow one is a 911 Turbo. If you followed some of his posts there was an issue with him creating content and working for Honda so he cut the DE5.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
This sucks to hear, and I get that there are corporate rules and what not, conflict of interest yeah yeah- but I'm still struggling to figure out how such genuine enthusiasm for a car could result in a net negative for the brand.

I wonder if there's precedence for this with any other brand... please tell me they're not trying to emulate Ferrari and their endless cease and desist letters. Wouldn't it make sense for a master mechanic for the brand to have a YouTube channel? Couldn't some sort of partnership been worked out?

Overall it's tough to reconcile the reasons for making him pull his content and ultimately us as Integra Type S owners/enthusiasts suffer for it.

TC_Columbus

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 integra Type S
Congrats, and smart choice on the color. I just picked mine up a few weeks ago and have been working on it for the last week getting it fully presentable. Done right, this color is spectacular!

IMG_7540.jpeg
IMG_7538.jpeg