• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
My two previous cars also had red calipers and I'd highly consider painting them black if end up with a blue ITS.
I like the red. I'd go gray and get Paragon...

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I see that some have some bolt ons from the FL5 ready to go. Does anyone have any experience with adding bolt ons WITHOUT a tune? Or experience with purchasing a secondary ECU to tune in order to maintain warranty? Otherwise for the first time ever in my life, I might just void my warranty. 😬
You can do most bolt ons without a tune but obviously get more out of them with one. As for an ECU tune, good news/bad news. I do NOT think Honda has the tech to identify jailbroken ECUs. Bosch does though. So unlike Audi (UGGGH) you should be able to jailbreak, tune, then reset to stock for service and they won't know the difference. Now, if you blow a major drivetrain component, Honda will likely call out a Bosch expert to inspect the ECU and they WILL find everything. I have never seen a method of un-jailbreaking, and since Honda is rather lax compared to German companies on enforcement, maybe it's not necessary.

As for having a spare ECU, I think those days are long dead. If you file a big claim and corporate wants to investigate, they are going to find it. That said, I think that's fair, you want to play you gotta be ready to pay. What I don't like is Audi flagging anyone who has an odd flash counter on their ECU so they can proactively deny everything, even if you just came in for a recall...

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
Wrapping the gloss black shifter area in alcantara, paint correction and ceamic coating. No PPF and I never tint my cars but I might consider on this one.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
You can do most bolt ons without a tune but obviously get more out of them with one. As for an ECU tune, good news/bad news. I do NOT think Honda has the tech to identify jailbroken ECUs. Bosch does though. So unlike Audi (UGGGH) you should be able to jailbreak, tune, then reset to stock for service and they won't know the difference. Now, if you blow a major drivetrain component, Honda will likely call out a Bosch expert to inspect the ECU and they WILL find everything. I have never seen a method of un-jailbreaking, and since Honda is rather lax compared to German companies on enforcement, maybe it's not necessary.

As for having a spare ECU, I think those days are long dead. If you file a big claim and corporate wants to investigate, they are going to find it. That said, I think that's fair, you want to play you gotta be ready to pay. What I don't like is Audi flagging anyone who has an odd flash counter on their ECU so they can proactively deny everything, even if you just came in for a recall...
Man, I sorta figured. Thank you for confirming! Sounds like jailbreak might be the way to go or just go all in & pay to play. I'd love to find an FK8 to go all out on & kinda keep one for street & one for track, but who knows...I change my mind a lot. 😄

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Wrapping the gloss black shifter area in alcantara, paint correction and ceamic coating. No PPF and I never tint my cars but I might consider on this one.
Just curious why no PPF? I’ve never done PPF on any of my vehicles and noticing many are doing so. Just trying to figure out if it’s worth the money long term

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
Just curious why no PPF? I’ve never done PPF on any of my vehicles and noticing many are doing so. Just trying to figure out if it’s worth the money long term
Cost vs benefits for me. If I still had my ITR or S2k, I would do a partial front because its a weekend driver and I would like to keep it mint. The ITS and CRT to me can never be a garage queen. Its far too practical and I couldnt justify it as a second car. Therefore, its a DD and Im no longer so neurotic that some chips is going to ruin my day.

Some people here and especially on the CTR, are treating these cars as some form of investment. I dont plan nor even know if I will have this car in 20 years, but I do know I will be driving the fuckign wheels off it NOW. I could rear end someone or vice versa, and there goes my3-5k PPF job. Life is too unpredictable but it gives some people peace of mind. YMMV.

OP
OP
Tw1stedlog1k

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I'm with you on the PPF this time around. I plan to be using the car regularly so I'm mentally prepared for the occasionally ding and scratch.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Cost vs benefits for me. If I still had my ITR or S2k, I would do a partial front because its a weekend driver and I would like to keep it mint. The ITS and CRT to me can never be a garage queen. Its far too practical and I couldnt justify it as a second car. Therefore, its a DD and Im no longer so neurotic that some chips is going to ruin my day.

Some people here and especially on the CTR, are treating these cars as some form of investment. I dont plan nor even know if I will have this car in 20 years, but I do know I will be driving the fuckign wheels off it NOW. I could rear end someone or vice versa, and there goes my3-5k PPF job. Life is too unpredictable but it gives some people peace of mind. YMMV.
Very well stated, to the point that you may have just confirmed my own future decisions. I’ve never PPF’d any vehicles. I plan to have the ITS as my daily driver for at least 10+ years as I have with all of my Acura rides. Cars are not really an investment. They are costly, and to me 3k-7k ppf doesn’t buy me a whole lot when I have to worry about washing it in a very specific way frequently and the eventual yellowing, dirt build up or peeling.

My 06’ TL has 220k miles with wear and tear on the paint, but I’ve replaced the front bumper with fresh matching paint once for a few hundred bucks. Like you’d I’d want to drive the wheels off of the ITS and enjoy it; not baby it. Whenever I do move up on waitlist and get ITS it’s looking likely 60k OTD with taxes, fees and some required accessories. I also need winter tire set. I really don’t want to turn it into a 70-75k car that I have to baby or hesitate to drive. Thank you for your input

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Looking at how much my Aspec front end picks up debris. The Type S might be the first car i PPF because of it.

ronlp

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 CTR, 02 S2K, 98-92-89 Prelude, 90 CRX, +6 other
I looked into PPF when I got the FK8 because it's (unfortunately) black and AZ freeways are crumbling strips of rockchip hell, but after getting quotes I figured I could have the front re-sprayed twice for what they wanted to cover it with plastic. In the end, it just seemed like it was spending a lot of money to preserve it for someone else and I'd never get it back.

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
I want a moon roof if it isn’t going to be an option. First and foremost that. Then tinting. I just tinted my aspec a month ago 😩
You're planning on cutting a hole in the roof of a brand new car to install a cheap aftermarket sunroof? Yikes. Goodbye resale value :dunno:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Siiiigh....I bought the Sprint P08-F1 filter & some CF interior items & accessories while we wait still.

Must...resist...buying more....until the car comes.

IMG_1892.jpeg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Siiiigh....I bought the Sprint P08-F1 filter & some CF interior items & accessories while we wait still.

Must...resist...buying more....until the car comes.
🤣
I am in the same 🚣
In the meantime please share what pieces you bought. I'd love a replacement for the gloss black console

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
🤣
I am in the same 🚣
In the meantime please share what pieces you bought. I'd love a replacement for the gloss black console
For the console I went with the Synth Carbon stuff, a few other items weren't in stock or I wasn't sure on yet. Shifter overlay & 4 pc window switch areas. eBay special for the CF hazard lights cover - might prove to have a cheap finish but we'll see. Plus a couple shift knob beanies.

I got both a 40% tint & dark tint front amber cover along with an amber/orange DRL cover, which might prove to be weird looking but I'll experiment with it first before I say nay. They only had this picture of yellow which doesn't look too good.

YeePin console tray & some off brand phone holder to experiment with.

I'm curious if the center console is the exact same as the Civic? This inside, under the console compartment might be handy - if it stays stuck, lol.

I like the Tux Mats (I got them for wife's Durango) - but I also like the black with red stitching FB special that everyone is selling if it has the factory tabs to clip factory mats to. It would be cool to get those to protect the carpet & then pop the Type S all-weathers or sometimes the carpeted ones on top of them & have them locked in place.

& finally, the Diono car seats are on sale! Might pick up the red booster & the $220 special for the little guy.

IMG_1847.jpeg

IMG_1902.png

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

IMG_1763.jpeg

IMG_1903.jpeg

IMG_1904.jpeg

IMG_1907.png

IMG_1908.png

IMG_1909.png

IMG_1910.png

IMG_1915.png