• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Emergency brake failed

OP
OP

edinlr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 Panamera, 2021 Ram 1500
I stand corrected. I drive with the brake hold on and that does turn on the e-brake when you unbuckle the seat belt
I will have to play with things in the car and see if undoing my seat belt messed it up, or if it was something I did.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and ideas.

OP
OP

edinlr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 Panamera, 2021 Ram 1500
Was your driveway snow covered and a hill?
Yes, 2" of snow and a slight tilt backwards in my driveway. At first I wondered if it was sliding rather than rolling, but that was not the case.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Yes, 2" of snow and a slight tilt backwards in my driveway. At first I wondered if it was sliding rather than rolling, but that was not the case.
I'm thinking this was the cause. I had an Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT roll out of my driveway in similar conditions. Parking brake was still on. With low profile tires, this can certainly happen.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I do miss the manual level personally. I have (TWICE) accidentally lifted my foot off the clutch a little too fast while pushing the off button and even though it was not really noticeable, I basically stalled the car before it cut off the engine. I noticed this disengaged the parking brake light as it is supposed to if you were really driving in first gear. (unless your seat belt is already off it wont)
Some weird thoughts I had had. Obviously, it needs electricity to apply and to disengage.
What I have wondered is what happens when your battery dies. I have worries will that release the parking brake??? I know that answer is "no" as it stays engaged when you disconnect the battery. but I guess no rolling jump like I can do on my EK. guess the e-brake stays on until you get some juice.

rody26

First Name
Rody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
Does the e brake disengage automatically when you put it in gear and drive? Mine does not and I have accidentally tried to drive with the e break engaged multiple times before I got in the habit of double checking that it is off. Oh yeah and once I found it off even though I remember engaging it before turning the car off. After that I started leaving it in gear as well.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Does the e brake disengage automatically when you put it in gear and drive? Mine does not and I have accidentally tried to drive with the e break engaged multiple times before I got in the habit of double checking that it is off. Oh yeah and once I found it off even though I remember engaging it before turning the car off. After that I started leaving it in gear as well.
It does disengage if you have your seatbelt on and have it in gear and drop the clutch.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Not the parking break.
I have to disengage mine manually or it will not move.
This is straight from the owner's manual.
Reasons it wouldn't work (assuming everything else is working as it should):
- You're not buckled up
- You have VSA turned off
- You're not pushing the gas far enough when you're uphill

1705503905732.png

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
This morning with seat belt on, the engine running, and tried to start moving on first gear with a little of gas. Even tried it with a more aggressive start and the P Brake doesn't automatically release.
No warning lights, no VSA off, no ABS indicators, etc.

The only time I see the parking brake automatically doing something is when "brake hold" is on and I turn off the car.

Last edited:

vovakovtun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Make sure that E-brake light is ON! You dont want to endup like Anton Yelchin

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This morning with seat belt on, the engine running, and tried to start moving on first gear with a little of gas. Even tried it with a more aggressive start and the P Brake doesn't automatically release.
No warning lights, no VSA off, no ABS indicators, etc.

The only time I see the parking brake automatically doing something is when "brake hold" is on and I turn off the car.
Is it possible you're not pushing in the clutch all the way to the floor? For example I've heard things like Tuxmats can get in the way of it going all the way down. I tried this morning to start with the clutch pushed most of the way in (but not all the way) and the e-brake did not disengage.
That's the last thing I can think of that would cause yours to not disengage. If that's not it then it's probably an issue for the dealer to look at.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Is it possible you're not pushing in the clutch all the way to the floor? For example I've heard things like Tuxmats can get in the way of it going all the way down. I tried this morning to start with the clutch pushed most of the way in (but not all the way) and the e-brake did not disengage.
That's the last thing I can think of that would cause yours to not disengage. If that's not it then it's probably an issue for the dealer to look at.
I have to give it more fuel than I usually do.
I will keep disengaging by hand in a flat surface. Uphill isn’t a problem.

Thanks