• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Early Integra Type S Test Drives.

nerfrevolver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To me if you need 6 years to pay for a car , you should t be buying it. It’s a depreciating asset for the most part unless you lock it up in a garage and only put 3-4k on a year.
I agree IMS is prob overblown , but the mental factor is real. I’d be thinking about it all the time , seems that’s a common theme too over on renlist.
IMS is probably overblown but you also have to be wary of bore scoring especially on S models and oil starvation issues on the 987.1 987.2 is worth looking for - see profile pic. Looking to switch to ITS/CTR for more cargo capacity.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^^
I'd be much more concerned with bore scoring than IMS.....luckily, when my 911's engine was torn apart due to a very rare valve spring failure it was free from any bore scoring issues.

Mike

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
My personal experience is that I have had Hondas since 1995 and never once had a major problem. That includes having a 100hp shot of NOS AND turbo kit on my original GSR and tracking my S2K extensively for 10 years. Meanwhile, my S3... The entire transmission went out in 1200 miles, brand new and completely stock. I love my S3, but ever since then, I have just not felt like I can trust it and it ruins the enjoyment for me.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
My personal experience is that I have had Hondas since 1995 and never once had a major problem. That includes having a 100hp shot of NOS AND turbo kit on my original GSR and tracking my S2K extensively for 10 years. Meanwhile, my S3... The entire transmission went out in 1200 miles, brand new and completely stock. I love my S3, but ever since then, I have just not felt like I can trust it and it ruins the enjoyment for me.
That's actually pretty crazy, and seems you just got the shit end of the stick with a rare fault... I had an S3 for over a year I bought used at 30k miles and it was an impeccable ownership experience. Great car... sucks your trust is shaken with it. Modern VAG reliability is pretty great, but of course there are exceptions...

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
^^^^^
I'd be much more concerned with bore scoring than IMS.....luckily, when my 911's engine was torn apart due to a very rare valve spring failure it was free from any bore scoring issues.

Mike
I’d prob stick to a .2 for the ims and bore scoring. It seems the bird scoring is more of a thing on the cars that live very North in cold climates.