• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Early Integra Type S Test Drives.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
They'll be driving it next week, so probably expect the actual embargo to be lifted the week after that.

Hopefully this has something to do with the silent treatment I've been getting from literally every dealer within a 150 mile radius.

Car launches for enthusiast cars these days are barely organized chaos.

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
lines up with Raitis rides timeline (next week)

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
My favorite, and probably the most appropriate question posed is.... " Can you tell me with a straight face youā€™d drop $60k on one of these? "
I guess it depends on scarcity. If there were only 3,000-5,000 of these made, I imagine value will stay high and we may look back at $60,000 out the door as a steal. If they produce 30,000-50,000, I bet they will eventually sell below current MSRP. I have no idea what the plan is for production, but I am very curious to see what they do.

If I was Acura, I would have priced these just above the CTR MSRP and made a very high number of them to get the Acura name out there, kicking butt on racetracks everywhere and getting people to consider their other models. I know a lot of people asked me as a young enthusiast which brands I recommended and I steered many people to Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus at the time because that is what my friends and I drove and abused, er...I mean enjoyed.

I am happy to buy mine at MSRP because it checks all the boxes on what I am looking for, but I think the pricing is higher than it should be and they missed an opportunity. It will be upsetting if they produce a ton of the Type S now and all of us early enthusiasts take a big depreciation hit. I doubt it will happen, but you never know.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
They're not going to build a whole lot of them. Makes no sense. This is a niche market car. Build a few, price it high, take in some decent margins from the relatively few people who are willing to pay a premium for the relatively unique mix of top notch driving dynamics, manual transmission, sedan. Can't be too many of us out there.

There's just too much hate circulating around the price for me to believe they will sell well. They'll probably hit their modest sales targets but I don't see these being a common sight.

But overall I'm still just glad that cars like this exist. $52k is a lot of money for a car, but I still think there's a lot of value here. When a damn Tacoma will fetch over $60k, I can't see how the ITS is a bad value. Especially if they can be had at MSRP.

On that note, I didn't have too hard a time tracking down a dealer at MSRP. The caveat is I'm not 100% convinced I'll actually get it at MSRP because I only have it in writing as an email from the sales advisor and I just can't bring myself to trust a dealer, but other than my inherent mistrust I have no reason to believe they'll pull a bait and switch. Some dealers are still standing strong on asking for an ADM, some dealers are standing by and waiting to see how demand plays out... but I think there are opportunities to get the cars at the asking price out there. And at worse, the dealers I was talking to were asking a modest ADM, $2-5k.

I think another factor is that I've seen some CTRs sitting around on lots. One in particular has been at a semi-local dealer since March (used, original asking price that I saw was $61,500- it's $55,500 now). The heyday of CTRs flying off lots at $60k+ is probably over, at least for most buyers.

viCARious24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Volkswagen GLI, Mazda Miata MX-5
I got a call from my salesman today (06/02/2023) and he confirmed that the white/red demo car has been allocated to the dealership. He said that the car would arrive at the dealership before the end of June, but more likely 1 - 2 weeks from now (logistics, shipping delays, dealer accessory install). This salesman is great and is equally excited to see the car so I'm not surprised he is on top of tracking the demo. I hope he is corrected about the timeline and I can't wait to see the car!

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I agree it's too niche to sell in large numbers. I don't think they'll make tons as a result - I do think this will help sell a-spec cars though. I wasn't really thinking about an Integra until the type S was announced, but now that I've looked at them quite a bit, the a-spec seems like a pretty nice alternative to civic SI because of the hatch, and automatic transmission for those that want it.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
The only hate Iā€™ve seen about price is on these forums. Most complaints are from people who arenā€™t buying or who will take out a 6 year loan for this. On the north east coast most Acura dealers have lists of people on the waitlist ( with deposits ) in double digits. Acura doesnā€™t even make a lot of regular integraā€™s so they wonā€™t be making too many of these. My guess is similar or slightly more numbers than the CTR. Acura brand name is out there. They arenā€™t an unknown name , not sure why anyone would say such a thing. If someone doesnā€™t know the Acura name itā€™s more than likely that they will only buy a self driving car that will drive for them and that has a messaging and Facebook/Instagram app on the dash.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
^^^^
Iā€™m financing for 10 years @ 19.99%. Donā€™t hate me bro.

Mike
Financial responsibility šŸ˜œ . That's what this forum is about.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 targa, Model Y, Civic SI
The only hate Iā€™ve seen about price is on these forums. Most complaints are from people who arenā€™t buying or who will take out a 6 year loan for this. On the north east coast most Acura dealers have lists of people on the waitlist ( with deposits ) in double digits. Acura doesnā€™t even make a lot of regular integraā€™s so they wonā€™t be making too many of these. My guess is similar or slightly more numbers than the CTR. Acura brand name is out there. They arenā€™t an unknown name , not sure why anyone would say such a thing. If someone doesnā€™t know the Acura name itā€™s more than likely that they will only buy a self driving car that will drive for them and that has a messaging and Facebook/Instagram app on the dash.
I originally had one locked in at MSRP, but canceled when I saw what the MSRP was set at. 52 grand just feels like a lot for this car. I think if they had kept the sporter CTR seats (or a version of them) and seating for 5, I could have maybe, possibly justified it. But without them, I will stay on my CTR MSRP waitlist and hope I get an allocation.

I will admit that it's very possible that my buying expectations are just rooted in the past and have not caught up with the reality that cars are very, very expensive these days. We are shopping SUVs/minivans for our family car right now and I'm just blown away that a minivan can now run 50k+, too.

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
I originally had one locked in at MSRP, but canceled when I saw what the MSRP was set at. 52 grand just feels like a lot for this car. I think if they had kept the sporter CTR seats (or a version of them) and seating for 5, I could have maybe, possibly justified it. But without them, I will stay on my CTR MSRP waitlist and hope I get an allocation.

I will admit that it's very possible that my buying expectations are just rooted in the past and have not caught up with the reality that cars are very, very expensive these days. We are shopping SUVs/minivans for our family car right now and I'm just blown away that a minivan can now run 50k+, too.
Car prices are outrageous. I dont think they will drop much of at all in the future. I am still in the market for a used 911 to be my weekend car and the prices of all of those are nuts , unless your willing to take a chance on the IMS versions itā€™s not a good decision to buy one just for a weekend toy

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Since I am on many email subscriptions from Acura dealers. I just started getting emails with offers of $7K off MSRP on brand new MDX type S models. Bet this a early indication where we are heading toward.