• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Downpipe and Turbo heat shield part #s

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Has anyone been able to find the part #s for the turbo and downpipe heat shields?

I was trying to find these on Dreamshop, and maybe I'm just blind, but I can't find them :/

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Here ya go. Dream shop has it listed under converter

Screenshot_20230831-080046.png

Screenshot_20230831-080215.png

OP
OP

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Here ya go. Dream shop has it listed under converter

Screenshot_20230831-080046.png

Screenshot_20230831-080215.png
Can't believe I missed that... sometimes their categorization leaves a lot to be desired, but I know I looked under "Engine" first. Thanks!

Looking to get these coated.

IMG_3047.jpeg

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Can't believe I missed that... sometimes their categorization leaves a lot to be desired, but I know I looked under "Engine" first. Thanks!

IMG_3047.jpeg
Coating for heat protection? I think our turbos are made by MHI, mitsubishi. Donā€™t they also have a larger turbo as well? Worth considering if not going for the big upgrades like RV660 or P700

OP
OP

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Coating for heat protection? I think our turbos are made by MHI, mitsubishi. Donā€™t they also have a larger turbo as well? Worth considering if not going for the big upgrades like RV660 or P700
Yeah, to reduce heat radiation.

MHI does have a stage 2 turbo for this platform. My understanding is that it has a good reputation. Last time I checked, the price was similar to the RV6 660, which has a higher performance ceiling, though.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

IMG_3047.jpeg
Oops. For some reason I read converter and not heat shield. But ya found them. I think a turbo planet would give the best results.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Yeah, to reduce heat radiation.

MHI does have a stage 2 turbo for this platform. My understanding is that it has a good reputation. Last time I checked, the price was similar to the RV6 660, which has a higher performance ceiling, though.
im no expert by any means, just making observations based on what others have done to their FL5. RV660 does have a higher performance ceiling where people are pushing to 500Hp and 400+ftlb torque alone with flex fuel. Some users have had to also upgrade bypass valve, down pipe, front pipe, charge pipe, intercooler, intakes to keep heating under control. There was a guy who blew his engine from using oem bypass valve with the rv660.

I suppose the other thing is youā€™ll get a considerable gain on the top end and possibly sacrificing low and mid range power?

I daily the ITS so the MHI stage 2 is enticing to keep the mid range power and low end torque. From a reliability standpoint Mitsubishi has made turbos for Acura/Honda for a while so we at least know thatā€™s a strong foundation. Let me know what your thoughts are, Iā€™d like to learn more

OP
OP

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
im no expert by any means, just making observations based on what others have done to their FL5. RV660 does have a higher performance ceiling where people are pushing to 500Hp and 400+ftlb torque alone with flex fuel. Some users have had to also upgrade bypass valve, down pipe, front pipe, charge pipe, intercooler, intakes to keep heating under control. There was a guy who blew his engine from using oem bypass valve with the rv660.

I suppose the other thing is youā€™ll get a considerable gain on the top end and possibly sacrificing low and mid range power?

I daily the ITS so the MHI stage 2 is enticing to keep the mid range power and low end torque. From a reliability standpoint Mitsubishi has made turbos for Acura/Honda for a while so we at least know thatā€™s a strong foundation. Let me know what your thoughts are, Iā€™d like to learn more
I share your understanding completely. I think we're thinking of the same example: upgrade the BPV if you go the RV6 route.

The MHI is definitely the less involved upgrade.

But, as we were discussing 4Piston cams the other day... if you're gonna get high lift cams, don't you kind of want the top end turbo to go with it? XD (Not that the MHI wouldn't be a good match, too.)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Not sure I like the graph on the MHI Sstage 2. This of course compares it to the FK8. I don't think our stock turbo drops this hard on the upper rpm like the fk8 does

Screenshot_20230831-112958.png

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I share your understanding completely. I think we're thinking of the same example: upgrade the BPV if you go the RV6 route.

The MHI is definitely the less involved upgrade.

But, as we were discussing 4Piston cams the other day... if you're gonna get high lift cams, don't you kind of want the top end turbo to go with it? XD (Not that the MHI wouldn't be a good match, too.)
youā€™re not wrong about that. With only the turbo upgrade I think youā€™ll hit a bottleneck in power until the cams are upgraded. It takes more PsI of boost to match camshaft upgrades. More airflow per unit time. At that point modders have to go for new injection kits to run flex/race fuels.

Camshaft upgrades should in theory broaden the Power range. Ideally we want a turbo compressor that can deliver enough air to support power increases. If done right, we should still retain our gains 2,500rpm-4000rpm+ with practically no compromise in torque. The 4pistons camshaft should yield more power with the same fuel.

RV6 is high performance but possibly requiring very high PSI and that kind of rules out pump gas 91/93 octane.

upgrade Iā€™m interested in are boost increases and camshaft to complement one another through different parts of the power band while maintaining daily driver status. Those are the options to weigh MHI stage 2 vs RV660/P700

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Not sure I like the graph on the MHI Sstage 2. This of course compares it to the FK8. I don't think our stock turbo drops this hard on the upper rpm like the fk8 does

Screenshot_20230831-112958.png
This is a good example. Maybe ITS doesnā€™t drop off quite as hard but we do have a drop off. Acura has done a nice job tuning for smooth power delivery after 4krpm. We see it evidenced in how well ITS pulls hard in a straight line vs CTR.
FK8 folks have put a lot on the high end but run into overheating issues.

bigger turbos=higher boost working to shove more air. Bigger cams increases cylinder pressure to help engine digest air more quickly. Upgrading camshafts will be nice to get some data points on our smaller turbos before going bigger.

I think what we all want to avoid is hard peaking torque with fast dropoffs. Thatā€™s how people end breaking things or creating glass cannons that have problems at 50k miles šŸ„¶

OP
OP

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This is a good example. Maybe ITS doesnā€™t drop off quite as hard but we do have a drop off. Acura has done a nice job tuning for smooth power delivery after 4krpm. We see it evidenced in how well ITS pulls hard in a straight line vs CTR.
FK8 folks have put a lot on the high end but run into overheating issues.

bigger turbos=higher boost working to shove more air. Bigger cams increases cylinder pressure to help engine digest air more quickly. Upgrading camshafts will be nice to get some data points on our smaller turbos before going bigger.

I think what we all want to avoid is hard peaking torque with fast dropoffs. Thatā€™s how people end breaking things or creating glass cannons that have problems at 50k miles šŸ„¶
Yep. All these OTS tunes spike that low-end torque. I know they are working around factory turbo and fuel pump limitations, but I'd prefer to invest in some 4P cams and a HPFP and target the high end over putting such a high load on the rods below 3k.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
FL5 with TR2 Cams
Cams alone get you beyond what the MHI gets ya. It would be interesting to see both
Screenshot_20230831-115657.png

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Yep. All these OTS tunes spike that low-end torque. I know they are working around factory turbo and fuel pump limitations, but I'd prefer to invest in some 4P cams and a HPFP and target the high end over putting such a high load on the rods below 3k.
So we can conclude upgrading both camshaft and turbos (with proper tuning/timing) is optimal. So the question will be what are we wanting the ITS to do and how do we plan to use it? For me is to further enhance daily driving and spirited driving experience. Having a very high peak HP gain on dynos isnā€™t important to me. I wonā€™t be drag racing and maximum horsepower at high RPM isnt idea when I drive my kids around šŸ˜†

I DO want to broaden power range and increase low-mid range RPM gains with a little extra on the high end. Our smaller stock turbos may not flow enough air for power not to hard peak early. That being saidā€¦

FL5 with TR2 Cams
Cams alone get you beyond what the MHI gets ya. It would be interesting to see both
Screenshot_20230831-115657.png
This is their best dyno showing smooth gains across the powerband.

two other examples Iā€™ve seen and on stock FK8 with just a camshaft upgrade:

261F765C-ACDF-407B-AC10-48CA4FE5D7B7.jpeg
A20A8001-6974-454E-9B2C-F14A4FB2C751.png

These give an idea of what a fully tuned camshaft upgrade can do on the stock turbos. Not a lot of change in the top end, however, the mid range is a whole different beast.

goes without saying, we will not get high peaking numbers without turbo upgrades. At the same time, we will get much more and more frequently used mid-range power. Which is why ITS is so fun in the first place. This is more important without sacrificing any torque and low down power.

One thing to note as case study, the FL5 turbo is smaller than the FK8. Smaller compressor and runs out of breathe early. Yet, both the CTR-FL5 and ITS is more responsive on the low end. Maybe that has to do with how MHI turbo is designed with better turbine exit to reduce back pressure. That is something we have to investigate and consider between RV660-P700-MHI stage 2. Having a well built bottom end approach first seems to be ideal rather than high end and working our way down.

we have plenty of miles to work with on the stock oem turbo, wonā€™t have to rush anything :)

OP
OP

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
So we can conclude upgrading both camshaft and turbos (with proper tuning/timing) is optimal. So the question will be what are we wanting the ITS to do and how do we plan to use it? For me is to further enhance daily driving and spirited driving experience. Having a very high peak HP gain on dynos isnā€™t important to me. I wonā€™t be drag racing and maximum horsepower at high RPM isnt idea when I drive my kids around šŸ˜†

I DO want to broaden power range and increase low-mid range RPM gains with a little extra on the high end. Our smaller stock turbos may not flow enough air for power not to hard peak early. That being saidā€¦

This is their best dyno showing smooth gains across the powerband.

two other examples Iā€™ve seen and on stock FK8 with just a camshaft upgrade:

261F765C-ACDF-407B-AC10-48CA4FE5D7B7.jpeg
A20A8001-6974-454E-9B2C-F14A4FB2C751.png

These give an idea of what a fully tuned camshaft upgrade can do on the stock turbos. Not a lot of change in the top end, however, the mid range is a whole different beast.

goes without saying, we will not get high peaking numbers without turbo upgrades. At the same time, we will get much more and more frequently used mid-range power. Which is why ITS is so fun in the first place. This is more important without sacrificing any torque and low down power.

One thing to note as case study, the FL5 turbo is smaller than the FK8. Smaller compressor and runs out of breathe early. Yet, both the CTR-FL5 and ITS is more responsive on the low end. Maybe that has to do with how MHI turbo is designed with better turbine exit to reduce back pressure. That is something we have to investigate and consider between RV660-P700-MHI stage 2. Having a well built bottom end approach first seems to be ideal rather than high end and working our way down.

we have plenty of miles to work with on the stock oem turbo, wonā€™t have to rush anything :)
Similar goals to you... I want a more pronounced vtec crack and a little more high rpm grunt. I'm not trying to set records.