• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dead Battery

DE4_A-Spec

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
I got my Integra 2 weeks ago and last night it would not start and had a bunch of warnings pop up. Brake system, ABS, hill start, etc.
Jumped it off my wife’s car and started right up. Warnings were all gone. It drove fine.

Tried it this morning - dead again. I’m going to jump it again and take it to the dealer. All I’ve done is drive it to work and back each day. It hasn’t been left in accessory position at all.

Hopefully it’s just a bad battery and they can swap it out.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
I've accidently hit the headlight stalk while driving and turned it from "auto" to "on". Car will warn once you open the door, but it's not that obvious and the warning goes away once you close the door.

rickn54

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru WRX, Integra, Mazda Miata
I got my Integra 2 weeks ago and last night it would not start and had a bunch of warnings pop up. Brake system, ABS, hill start, etc.
Jumped it off my wife’s car and started right up. Warnings were all gone. It drove fine.

Tried it this morning - dead again. I’m going to jump it again and take it to the dealer. All I’ve done is drive it to work and back each day. It hasn’t been left in accessory position at all.

Hopefully it’s just a bad battery and they can swap it out.
How was this issue resolved?

OP
OP
DE4_A-Spec

DE4_A-Spec

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
How was this issue resolved?
I jumped it and drove to the dealer. They replaced the battery for free. It has been perfect since then, that was back in early September.
Just a bad battery apparently.

rickn54

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I jumped it and drove to the dealer. They replaced the battery for free. It has been perfect since then, that was back in early September.
Just a bad battery apparently.
The local ford dealer has one on the lot with a few hundred miles on it. I was interested in it but it would not start. They ordered a new battery on Friday but do not have it yet. Guess when the battery comes in I will test drive it. Are you happy with yours, does it do ok on fuel mileage?

OP
OP
DE4_A-Spec

DE4_A-Spec

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
The local ford dealer has one on the lot with a few hundred miles on it. I was interested in it but it would not start. They ordered a new battery on Friday but do not have it yet. Guess when the battery comes in I will test drive it. Are you happy with yours, does it do ok on fuel mileage?
The dealer said they had seen the same thing happen with a couple other batteries. They think it is on cars that might have sat for a while due to trucking shortages.

With the replaced battery, everything been great. I love the Integra. I’ve mostly had cars, but had a Tacoma for 3 years before this. So it’s fun to be back in a car, especially one that handles pretty sporty.

My commute is 28 miles with half stop and go with lights and the other half highway. I’m currently averaging 27 mpg. I drive quick and accelerate pretty hard a lot. I’m sure a better mpg could be reached.

rickn54

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This car did set for a couple of months, so that is probably the cause. I am hoping they get the battery in today. I test drove the base Integra but have not driven the A-Spec, looking forward to it.

First Name
Johnny B
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra (tech/A-spec/6-speed)
Hi everyone. I also noticed some slow starts on cold mornings with mine. I checked the battery and under the red safety cap on the positive side, the mount was bent about 45 degrees and not fitting the post correctly. fixed that, charged the battery and it's been good since.