• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CVT for 2023 Integra !?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I agree, and I will say this as someone whos disappointed it's going to be a CVT. The whole point of a CVT is to tune it to "ideal" RPMs. in most cases that's MPG, but IF acura is able to have 2 modes, and one is sport so at least then the power band is running for optimal power instead of MPG, then maybe, maybe this will be genius.
Hmmm that would be cool. A normal mode with normal CVT tuning for ideal mpgs and then a sport mode which is more aggressive, maybe even with fake shifts built in.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
Ah, no. This isn't genius. This is being cheap. All the marketing hype about better differentiating Acura from Honda pretty much flew out the window. The is pretty much an Acura Civic now.

My only hope is that the Type S is good, but my hopes are very low and I need to start looking elsewhere.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Hmmm that would be cool. A normal mode with normal CVT tuning for ideal mpgs and then a sport mode which is more aggressive, maybe even with fake shifts built in.
I mean thats already what Nissan does in the Altima with its Sport mode.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Ah, no. This isn't genius. This is being cheap. All the marketing hype about better differentiating Acura from Honda pretty much flew out the window. The is pretty much an Acura Civic now.

My only hope is that the Type S is good, but my hopes are very low and I need to start looking elsewhere.
News flash, car that was always an upscale civic is just an upscale civic.... We've had this convo like 100000 times, move on. You're months behind the conversation. Type-S isnt going to suddenly change the interior and it's not going to be some kind of ITR successor.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Speaking about Acura as a brand, just found out that Acura will no longer be sold in China. Sales have been terrible as well as no marketing for Chinese market and they only sell the RDX and CDX in that country. So that means now that Acura is 100% only sold in the US.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
News flash, car that was always an upscale civic is just an upscale civic.... We've had this convo like 100000 times, move on. You're months behind the conversation. Type-S isnt going to suddenly change the interior and it's not going to be some kind of ITR successor.
I am moving on. When I bought my 1997 Integra GS, it had a different interior design, better engine and you couldn't get leather in a Civic, so quite a few better features and differentiation. I am not months behind. Just because you are being an apologist for Acura's lame attempt here, doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion. I am not asking for an ITR successor, just at least 270 HP and the TLX drivetrain. If they try to put the Accord drivetrain in it, then they really have gone down hill.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I am moving on. When I bought my 1997 Integra GS, it had a different interior design, better engine and you couldn't get leather in a Civic, so quite a few better features and differentiation. I am not months behind. Just because you are being an apologist for Acura's lame attempt here, doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion. I am not asking for an ITR successor, just at least 270 HP and the TLX drivetrain. If they try to put the Accord drivetrain in it, then they really have gone down hill.
The GS was also NOT the base model, used a lot of honda parts, also it had the same engine as the Civic Si, just liek the new Integra. So no its didnt have a "better engine". It was just what the new one is, a Si with better clothing.

The more you talk the less I feel like you even know what the Integra ever was and start to doubt you even owned one, or maybe you're just REALLY unaware of what the Integra always was... a upscale Civic Si.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The GS was also NOT the base model, used a lot of honda parts, also it had the same engine as the Civic Si, just liek the new Integra. So no its didnt have a "better engine". It was just what the new one is, a Si with better clothing.

The more you talk the less I feel like you even know what the Integra ever was and start to doubt you even owned one, or maybe you're just REALLY unaware of what the Integra always was... a upscale Civic Si.
I never said it was the base model. It had a 140 HP engine and the EX had a 127 HP engine. It had leather, which you couldn't even buy in any Civic. My wife didn't want the Si. You can think what you what. I know what I bought and why I bought it. Like I said, best of luck with your Integra purchase.

Shigure.x

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
I never said it was the base model. It had a 140 HP engine and the EX had a 127 HP engine. It had leather, which you couldn't even buy in any Civic. My wife didn't want the Si. You can think what you what. I know what I bought and why I bought it. Like I said, best of luck with your Integra purchase.
Bro if you don't want the new integra why are you still here arguing?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I mean thats already what Nissan does in the Altima with its Sport mode.
Sweet. I didn’t know that. But cool that it’s a realistic option.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
I'm curious how they equip the base Integra. Looking at the package layout for the integra, it seems if you want any more tech/creature comforts you'll have to go for the A-Spec with tech. The A-Spec is mostly an appearance package and will be likely similar to the base in tech/ comforts

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
I'm curious how they equip the base Integra. Looking at the package layout for the integra, it seems if you want any more tech/creature comforts you'll have to go for the A-Spec with tech. The A-Spec is mostly an appearance package and will be likely similar to the base in tech/ comforts
Right. But in comparison to what? The civic?
The base and exl civic get a 7” screen
The touring gets a 9” display
The profotype integra shows the 9” screen but we understand that’s an A spec model

so common sense dictates a base integra would be a step above or par with a civic touring.
But could it be possible a base integra would be a civic exl?
7” screen but heated seats and a moonroof?

ifs weird and I wish Acura would just drop the info

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
Right. But in comparison to what? The civic?
The base and exl civic get a 7” screen
The touring gets a 9” display
The profotype integra shows the 9” screen but we understand that’s an A spec model

so common sense dictates a base integra would be a step above or par with a civic touring.
But could it be possible a base integra would be a civic exl?
7” screen but heated seats and a moonroof?

ifs weird and I wish Acura would just drop the info
That's what I'm thinking. I think it will be an EXL Civic but with 9 inch screen and they may replace the leather with the synthetic stuff. You'd also get the SI stuff in the base price. But if you want stuff like els sound system ect you'll have to pony up. Only 6 more days left before everything is revealed