• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CVT for 2023 Integra !?

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Honestly I think the 6MT version will be 200hp and CVT will be 180hp, just like the Civic.
190 or 192hp if we're lucky.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Since we're copying the Civic line-up, we might as well go all the way. If consumers don't care about a CVT why would they care about 20HP?

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Since we're copying the Civic line-up, we might as well go all the way. If consumers don't care about a CVT why would they care about 20HP?
Shush. They’ll hear you…. Lol
I wouldn’t be surprised at this point.
They’ll come out with the base being 190hp since Honda always under rated their output

you know. Just so it’s different

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
That would add further to the disappointment lol. 10 less hp than the outgoing ilx. I don't think they will tbh. I think it will at least be the Civic Si 200hp and nothing more

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
That would add further to the disappointment lol. 10 less hp than the outgoing ilx. I don't think they will tbh. I think it will at least be the Civic Si 200hp and nothing more
Yea joking aside it’ll be a 200hp box and maybe the Type S will bring over a better gearbox and more output

honestly this is a civic for people who want something “nicer” than a civic.

Honda is doing to Acura what Toyota did to Lexus. It is what it is I suppose

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
200hp 6MT drivetrain already exists thanks to the Civic Si.
There's no 200hp CVT combo available right now.
180hp set up in the Civic 1.5T is most likely imo.
Accord 1.5T puts out 190hp and that should be enough for the base integra. But will Acura do it?

A3 Quattro's output actually decreased from 228hp to 201hp, btw.
Things like that can happen. I mean, it happened to the Si too.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
That’s why I’m still pre ordering. I just wanna be able to hold it into 1 specific gear if needed, if i can get this thing to redline i would still consider it. I hate my wife’s civic CVT since it just sits at 2500rpm sounding like trash.
I would hope that Acura, knowing the CVT is not naturally sporty, would at least tune it differently than a normal civic. Ideally sport tuned like Nissan does with theirs. I drove a 21 rogue and was surprised at how normal it felt and sounded.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Shush. They’ll hear you…. Lol
I wouldn’t be surprised at this point.
They’ll come out with the base being 190hp since Honda always under rated their output

you know. Just so it’s different
With what will be at minimum, a little heavier than the civic. And we now know a CVT. Anything under 215hp will be the biggest letdown ever. It will be the opposite of what they are trying to brand it as. It’ll be the least sporty thing ever.

That said, if it’s similar power and weight to the Si, the CVT will technically give faster 0-60 times vs the Si and it’s manual.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
200hp 6MT drivetrain already exists thanks to the Civic Si.
There's no 200hp CVT combo available right now.
180hp set up in the Civic 1.5T is most likely imo.
Accord 1.5T puts out 190hp and that should be enough for the base integra. But will Acura do it?

A3 Quattro's output actually decreased from 228hp to 201hp, btw.
Things like that can happen. I mean, it happened to the Si too.
I follow the logic. If it’s not the 200 or more hopefully it’s at least the 190 so it’s “better” than the normal civic.

Wishful thinking is they give it 215 or 220 so that people give the CVT a pass.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I would hope that Acura, knowing the CVT is not naturally sporty, would at least tune it differently than a normal civic. Ideally sport tuned like Nissan does with theirs. I drove a 21 rogue and was surprised at how normal it felt and sounded.
I really hope that’s the case, I really want to like this car

ebblue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra A-Spec w/Tech
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (FA5)
If true, like others noted, somewhat expected, but also not unexpected at the same time. It has gotten pretty positive reviews and supposedly does a decent job of masking some of the negative CVT nuances of past.

I too was hoping for 8DCT or 10AT option. I'll have to weigh options as my choice is being compared directly to Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT).

I do have my 2007 Si Sedan (original owner, not used during winter since 2017) for 6MT duty. At this stage in life, I am just looking for a somewhat youthful, semi-sporty, semi-luxury vehicle. I have a lemon of a 2019 Toyota Tacoma and I can't wait to dump it as my towing and hauling needs are no longer (thankfully).

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Just thought… what if the CVT is sport tuned to simulate gears kinda like the one in the WRX?
To me that defeates the whole POINT of a CVT and it really pisses me off makers do that. It's supposed to be smooth with 0 gear shift feel and lets you keep your engine at its best RPM for power without the need to re-build power on each shift. Thats why most makers move to 9 and 10 speed transmissions, for the same effect but greater durability.

Also, no reason to detune it to 180-190HP as the CVT takes more power find even with a tune. It's TQ that's an issue just like it is for the stock manual clutch.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
To me that defeates the whole POINT of a CVT and it really pisses me off makers do that. It's supposed to be smooth with 0 gear shift feel and lets you keep your engine at its best RPM for power without the need to re-build power on each shift. Thats why most makers move to 9 and 10 speed transmissions, for the same effect but greater durability.

Also, no reason to detune it to 180-190HP as the CVT takes more power find even with a tune. It's TQ that's an issue just like it is for the stock manual clutch.
I agree, and I will say this as someone whos disappointed it's going to be a CVT. The whole point of a CVT is to tune it to "ideal" RPMs. in most cases that's MPG, but IF acura is able to have 2 modes, and one is sport so at least then the power band is running for optimal power instead of MPG, then maybe, maybe this will be genius.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT

I totally get your point. Why do the CVT if you’re going to eliminate the point of the CVT? But the CVT is still less expensive and Honda is producing a ton of them already. So a “sport tune” is maybe the compromise. Giving the feel of a normal automatic that everyone was hoping for, with the cost savings of the CVT.