• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CVT for 2023 Integra !?

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Man it's getting really tough to stick with Honda/Acura if this is true. I don't hate honda's CVT, i have one, but i wanted my next car to be something fun with a DCT, which is you know, offered in basically every other acura.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Man it's getting really tough to stick with Honda/Acura if this is true. I don't hate honda's CVT, i have one, but i wanted my next car to be something fun with a DCT, which is you know, offered in basically every other acura.
The only other Acura current that offered the DCT is the ILX and NSX. TLX RDX MDX don’t

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
It is what it is. For me it was a relatively fast stage of grief lol
The cvt is fine for that it is….

my plan all along was to make the integra my last gas car and pickup a Taycan off lease when the market settles closer to normalcy.
I’ll stick with that plan

by the looks of the four trims I may Opt for just an A spec to keep it simple. I don’t think the tech package would offer much more.
unless they plan on extending the civic’s base infotainment and 7” screen to the base integra as well

if the tech package offers a much larger screen I could see that being a plus

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
It is what it is. For me it was a relatively fast stage of grief lol
The cvt is fine for that it is….

my plan all along was to make the integra my last gas car and pickup a Taycan off lease when the market settles closer to normalcy.
I’ll stick with that plan

by the looks of the four trims I may Opt for just an A spec to keep it simple. I don’t think the tech package would offer much more.
unless they plan on extending the civic’s base infotainment and 7” screen to the base integra as well

if the tech package offers a much larger screen I could see that being a plus
This is very close to the idea I had in my mind as well even down to the Taycan haha. Unless a Type S can really grab me.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
This is very close to the idea I had in my mind as well even down to the Taycan haha. Unless a Type S can really grab me.
If the electric Macan fits the bill I’ll do that. I’ve had four macans. Great cars. But I love driving the Taycan. With Porsche MF I would think a RWD Taycan could be had for mid 60’s CPO’ed if the market settles in a year or two

until then I’ll enjoy a nice simple 33k A spec integra. Now to decide what color lol ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
This is coming from a guy who owned a first year, first gen, 3 dr Integra LS (manual). Sure it was based on a Civic, but there were notable differences from the DOHC engine to the much nicer interior and seats to the cool pop up headlights, etc.

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure the car will be decent but there isn't all that much to distinguish itself from a Civic. And I'm sorry but a CVT in this supposedly upscale brand is slightly laughable.

And look, I don't mind the CVT turbo combo, I own one and it's tuned. But I can tell you that out of the box it's far from sporty.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Just thought… what if the CVT is sport tuned to simulate gears kinda like the one in the WRX?

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Just thought… what if the CVT is sport tuned to simulate gears kinda like the one in the WRX?
That’s why I’m still pre ordering. I just wanna be able to hold it into 1 specific gear if needed, if i can get this thing to redline i would still consider it. I hate my wife’s civic CVT since it just sits at 2500rpm sounding like trash.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
That’s why I’m still pre ordering. I just wanna be able to hold it into 1 specific gear if needed, if i can get this thing to redline i would still consider it. I hate my wife’s civic CVT since it just sits at 2500rpm sounding like trash.
Need confirmation from Acura but that won’t happen till next week

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
I just didn't want to make any definitive statements on leaks no matter how likely it was. Unfortunately, there are people who take criticism of Acura a little too personally.
Seconded. No vehicle is perfect and it's ok point out something that the brand could have done better. At times when I did people at like I made fun of their child.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
This is coming from a guy who owned a first year, first gen, 3 dr Integra LS (manual). Sure it was based on a Civic, but there were notable differences from the DOHC engine to the much nicer interior and seats to the cool pop up headlights, etc.

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure the car will be decent but there isn't all that much to distinguish itself from a Civic. And I'm sorry but a CVT in this supposedly upscale brand is slightly laughable.

And look, I don't mind the CVT turbo combo, I own one and it's tuned. But I can tell you that out of the box it's far from sporty.
I mean, Lexus and Infiniti still use CVT. I don't think there's anything wrong with premium brands using CVT.
For a sporty car, however, it can be a major issue.
I know the base Integra isn't supposed to be anything sporty and you've probably seen me saying that before.
But they're trying so hard to market it as a high performance sport compact.
It's almost like they want people to be disappointed.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
I feel like they did that for the TLX which made people really dislike the speed/weight etc. of it

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
I mean, Lexus and Infiniti still use CVT. I don't think there's anything wrong with premium brands using CVT.
For a sporty car, however, it can be a major issue.
I know the base Integra isn't supposed to be anything sporty and you've probably seen me saying that before.
Doesn't Lexus only use eCVTs? Like for their hybrids? aka not sporty

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Doesn't Lexus only use eCVTs? Like for their hybrids? aka not sporty
Lexus does use regular CVTs but they are not sporty anyway.
That's my point tho. Luxury+CVT=OK Sporty+CVT=Not OK

Nope they also use it for regular engines I.e UX and ES if I’m not mistaken.
UX is CVT only. They do sell ES with CVT in other markets but I don't think they do here.