• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stock Perforated Leather Steering Wheel? Thoughts?

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
I'm the owner of a FL5 Civic Type R and one of the parts of the interior that I dislike the most is the smooth leather steering wheel. It was lightly damaged on delivery and has gotten worse by me getting in/out over 8000 miles. It's very soft and prone to scratching from metal buttons on jeans.

I'm really not interested in upgrading to an Alcantara wheel in my daily driver so I've been researching other options. I found that the Type S has a black perforated leather wheel that can be purchased with red stitching. It's only $190 for the wheel so this could be a great alternative!

As Type S owners, do you like the perforated leather? Would you prefer a smooth wheel? What is your opinion of the wheel compared to other cars you have driven?
Agreed that the FL5 wheel feels really cheap, and I’m considering other options too (either the FL5 alcantara wheel or the ITS perforated). Leaning towards alcantara since I don’t have sweaty hands, and it’s not a daily driver for me.

Reactions: CTR