• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clutch in to start. - Question.

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
If one wanted to defeat it, it's not likely difficult. Just pull the switch and jump it, or better yet put a toggle on the wires and mount a hidden kill switch. I don't see the need on this car, but it's very handy for off-road vehicles, to prevent roll-back.

Scrodee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in LCM
My 2017 Nissan Frontier has a “Clutch Start Cancel” button that allows it to be cranked without putting the clutch on the floor.

To be honest I really don’t understand its purpose. I suppose if the engine was disabled you could use this button and crank it in gear to have the starter try and move the car out of harm’s way. Maybe in a real dicey 4-wheeling situation you could crank it in gear so there is assurance that you won’t roll back (or forward) even a micron.

Edit: It appears it is for wheeling situations:
IMG_1512.jpeg

I had a work buddy that disabled his clutch switch to allow remote start in his 7th gen accord V6 6MT. He just had to be real careful that he left it in neutral (and the parking brake was on and strong).

This has never had any appeal to me. I’ll just keep using the clutch to start my vehicles.
Yes, for 'wheelin'. You actually use the starter motor to move the vehicle rather than the engine.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
If anything I'm more bothered by the fact that I need to scroll through the menues to turn off the forward collision warning every time I start the car,
This drives me fucking bonkers. "Approaching Object" yeah ok stupid car we both know nothing is moving, and I parked that close on purpose.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
that would actually be great lol a lot of times i let my car warm up for a couple of minutes before i drive it so i would love to be able to reach in and start it without having to actually sit down in it

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
that would actually be great lol a lot of times i let my car warm up for a couple of minutes before i drive it so i would love to be able to reach in and start it without having to actually sit down in it
I wish this car had remote start - just tie it in somehow so it won't start if it's in gear.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I wish this car had remote start - just tie it in somehow so it won't start if it's in gear.
yeah that was something that i REALLY wanted that you can get on the TLXTS, though i wasn't willing to sacrifice a 6spm for it lol